Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
IBTanked is a relatively new vendor offering pyrex glass tanks for a few months now. These tanks have been becoming increasingly popular. I noticed that there are no indepth reviews for these tanks here so since I have had a couple for some time and now own a total of five of them, I decided to make a review.

Vendor and Website
This is a family run operation. OCD is the glass expert and handles all the material aspects of the business. His daughter is the actual owner of the business and is the artist for the custom paint applications. His wife handles orders and the business end. Their business offers fast and complete customer service and delivery.

The recently updated website is user-friendly and guides potential buyers step by step to order their pyrex tube of choice and choice of either stainless steel or acrylic endcaps. The website also has a wide variety of drip tips and pre-punched cartomizers in a variety of resistances and carto lengths.

OCD is also providing pyrex tube replacements for some of the newer RBA tanks and is in the process of collecting a variety of tube diameters to replace the polycarbonate tubes of the older-style tanks of other manufacturers. Just provide him with precise measurements of the inner diameter and length of tube you require and he can let you know if he can set you up. The website also is loaded with high quality images of all of their products.

Ordering Process
When ready to order, choose which of two diameter of tanks you wish to buy. You are given a choice to order between a slim 19 inch tube in a standard length (35mm cartos) or XL (45mm cartos). My tanks are this diameter and are the perfect diameter for my Provari. The other size is the 25mm diameter tube also available in standard and XL. The slim tubes are the nominal price of only $5; the wider tubes are also inexpensive at $7. Custom paints raise the price upwards to $10 or more more, but many of these are quite beautiful and unique. The slim tanks hold a capacity between 1.5ml to 2ml depending upon tube length. The wider tanks hold a capacity between 5ml to 8ml, depending upon length.

After ordering your tube, next choose from a large selection of either acrylic or stainless steel endcaps. The acrylic caps are only available for the slim tanks at the moment, and the price for them is $12.50. Price for stainless steel caps run between $17.50 to $22.50 for the slim, additional $3 for the wide tanks.

The Tank Review
I now have five of the slim tanks with the acrylic caps. These are fine quality tanks even before considering how inexpensive they are. The glass appears to be of a high quality with professionally finished edges. They appear to be durable, mine have fallen from rolling off of a chair without breakage, unlike a couple of tanks from another vendor whose glass shattered. The acrylic end caps that I have on my tanks are well-machined and polished with properly fitting o-rings. Cartomizers and tube fit the the endcaps snuggly, no slippy-slidey.

Acompanying each tank are extra o-rings and a "Thingy". This is a clear plastic bottle and cap that can be used after filling your tank to encourage movement of the juice in the tank to saturate the cartomizer. Just place the filled tank into the bottle and open and close the cap several times. I've not tried this manuever, but I've read that it really works.

Overview
What else is there to say? These are high quality pyrex tanks that are extremely affordable with a wild variety of tubes and end caps to choose from. They appear to be durable and come in two sizes to fit any device you own. Customer service and delivery is second to none. You can easily get two of these tanks for the same price of a Phiniac tank. I highly recommend these tanks for beginner and experienced cartotankers alike.

IBTanked - Get Tanked With Us!

Attachments

• IBTanked-2.jpg
    IBTanked-2.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 3,146
  • IBTanked-1.jpg
    IBTanked-1.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 2,251
  • OCD-1.jpg
    OCD-1.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 6,084
  • 136261d1348102979t-quest-glass-pyrex-tanks-ocd-2.jpg
    136261d1348102979t-quest-glass-pyrex-tanks-ocd-2.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 6,187
Last edited:

dsy5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
New York
Good review Bad - I recently purchased one of IBTanked Pyrex tanks for the DID Clone. I am very happy with the quality and fit. OCD even includes o-rings to replace the original ones - ensuring a perfect fit. Nice touch. I got the bevel tank in clear, although it is available in colors and I believe swirls, too.

IBTanked also has Custom Cut tubes available in a variety of diameters and wall thicknesses. I measured up my AGA Tiamat tank and found the size I needed on the web site. All that was left to do after finding the right dia and wall thickness was to specify the length to cut it. I was very happy to find that it fit the AGA perfectly! OCD told me that he will be soon offering these as a stock item as soon as he gets his sample Tiamat and takes some measurements. I'm sure the tank he offers will be the same as what I chose, since side by side, the original acrylic or polycarbonate tank and the one I had custom-made are practically identical.

OCD is working hard to lower his prices as demand is increasing. If you are in the market for reasonably priced glass tanks, give IBTanked a look. Sure you can buy a $40 tank that might look better, but I'm a fit and function kind of guy. And if I break one, I can get 3 more for the price of the 'pretty' one!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Okay, I just ordered two 19mm xl *OCD Tanks from IBTanked. Clear glass with acrylic caps. Not bad for $38 shipped! If I like them, I will order more and some of the ss caps.

*I believe I made a mistake earlier when I referred to them as "IBTanks."

Thanks again for your review, Bad.
I actually asked OCD how he wanted his tanks called. This was his response, "Probably best to be called IBTanked to lessen confusion. You can google IBTanked and find us but if you search for OCD it leads down an entirely different path."

IBTanked has their own suppliers thread on ECF. I'll link you to where he answers a question that I had asked about pyrex glass quality. Interesting stuff to me, the guy obviously knows about glass and is concerned about providing the highest quality of product at an affordable price: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-suppliers-forum/339809-do-you-fiddle-your-thingy-6.html#post7649464

He appreciates all of his customers support and is open to suggestions. Let's all spread the word on IBTanks.

Last edited:

NetteG

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
NE
Here here Baditude! Completely agree about the IBTanked Tanks. I have 4 XL with SS caps. 2 XL with acrylic caps and 2 standard size tubes that I can use with with. I love their tanks and you can't beat the price that's for sure. The fact that Mr OCD takes such care with each one is huge too. Not to mention all of the paint etc is done by Mrs OCD and the family. I think it's terrific! Not much more to say that you haven't already covered.... so buy buy buy you won't be disappointed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

YoureFired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
The Berserkshires, MA
I actually asked OCD how he wanted his tanks called. This was his response, "Probably best to be called IBTanked to lessen confusion. You can google IBTanked and find us but if you search for OCD it leads down an entirely different path."

IBTanked has their own suppliers thread on ECF. I'll link you to where he answers a question that I had asked about pyrex glass quality. Interesting stuff to me, the guy obviously knows about glass and is concerned about providing the highest quality of product at an affordable price: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-suppliers-forum/339809-do-you-fiddle-your-thingy-6.html#post7649464

He appreciates all of his customers support and is open to suggestions. Let's all spread the word on IBTanks.

Yeah, IBTanked has always been easy for me to remember and it's what I usually use to google info, since "OCD" is such a general and widely used term. IBTanked it is! :D

YoureFired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
The Berserkshires, MA
Here here Baditude! Completely agree about the IBTanked Tanks. I have 4 XL with SS caps. 2 XL with acrylic caps and 2 standard size tubes that I can use with with. I love their tanks and you can't beat the price that's for sure. The fact that Mr OCD takes such care with each one is huge too. Not to mention all of the paint etc is done by Mrs OCD and the family. I think it's terrific! Not much more to say that you haven't already covered.... so buy buy buy you won't be disappointed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

There should really be a "Show us your IBTanked Pics!" thread. Maybe I'll start one when mine come in....

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Fantastic job Baditude. You already know how I feel about the IB Tanks. I had 3. 2 19mm standard with acrylic caps and 1 25mm with stainless caps. Now just last week I got two more 19mm different colors one clear and one green. The other day I order the shiney penny 19mm and the matching stainless caps plus a gold drip tip. So Yes I will confirm that IB Tank is the only way to go. I sent a question to the site and got an answer back really quickly. If you want your colors a little lighter so it's easier to see the juice just ask them. They can make it a thinner color. Fantastic vendor and I will give them 10 out of a 5 start rating.

varitablevoltage

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
Canada
Can someone recommend me a suitable tank size and cart (brand, size & ohm) for my Vision VV 1300mah Spinner? I think I'm looking at a 3ml tank (something good for a day of vaping no more) and would like something roughly same diameter of my batt.

IBTanked customer service hasn't gotten back to my enquirey yet and I want to order the right one soon.

Thanks

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
I think I am allowed to post in the part of the forum so I will do what I can regarding answering questions. First though, graybuck, I believe that was Vikki you spoke with ;) She would be The Offspring and also my daughter and the owner of IBTanked, pretty much I work for her.

Variablevoltage, it sounds like you would want the 19mm XL tube and caps of your choosing. With the ability to choose your voltage you can pretty much use whatever cartos you like and dial it in to your taste. For fixed voltage batteries I like the single coil 2ohm myself but everyone is different there.

Our 19mm tanks are going to be a little larger diameter than your twist. I keep hoping the eGo battery manufacturers will come out with a 19 or 20mm battery as that would just be sweet, one of those shorties like the eGo 350s but with double the punch :) Anyhow 19mm is the OD of the 19mm tubes and caps and that is almost exactly 3/4" (0.75") and the eGo batteries are like 0.55"

Hope that clears it up for you and Vikki should be getting back to your email through the site soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread