IBTanks... Show em off pt.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Pegleg

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Arkansas
IBTANKED.... Show em off | E-Cigarette Forum

I just got my first IBTank today! I hopped over to the "show it off" thread but, alas, it was locked because of no posts in 90 days. I want to show mine off, not because it is gorgeous and on an expensive battery like many I saw, but because it is...well...different, and I love it. This is my first cartotank, I went small because I vape at work (which considers it Smoking so not allowed...ugh!) and keep it in my pocket all day. I also went cheap, because I wasn't sure if I would like it. So here you have it, my cheap, small, wonderful, almost-empty because I can't put it down, IBTanked cartotank!
image.jpg

Cute and awkward, just like a hobbit. If I could find a battery this short or shorter but as fat as a mod, that would be rad.

Captain Pegleg

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Arkansas
Some things I've learned so far with this tiny halfling tank:

1. Unicorn tipped bottle, mandatory. Syringe works well but much less convenient.

2. For refilling, push tank's carto with another carto, while holding tank's base at other end (as suggested in the instructions that came with tank, awesome btw) Do so slowly. Do not try to yank from battery end as you will pull the whole thing out.

3. After priming carto for first time, WAIT. No matter how perfectly I felt I primed it, they (tried 3 cartos) would not suck in juice from the tank, no matter how hard I pulled, no matter how much outside air I cut off - an hour later though, they worked perfectly. A bubble after each puff! Carto stays moist. Patience is a virtue.

4. I need a bigger, prettier tank to use at home :)

Reactions: caroloto

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
Some things I've learned so far with this tiny halfling tank:

1. Unicorn tipped bottle, mandatory. Syringe works well but much less convenient.

2. For refilling, push tank's carto with another carto, while holding tank's base at other end (as suggested in the instructions that came with tank, awesome btw) Do so slowly. Do not try to yank from battery end as you will pull the whole thing out.

3. After priming carto for first time, WAIT. No matter how perfectly I felt I primed it, they (tried 3 cartos) would not suck in juice from the tank, no matter how hard I pulled, no matter how much outside air I cut off - an hour later though, they worked perfectly. A bubble after each puff! Carto stays moist. Patience is a virtue.

4. I need a bigger, prettier tank to use at home :)
An hour?!? How are you priming your carts? I use the "thingy" to prime my carts. Its ready to go instantly.

Sent from my Commadore 64 using Tapatalk

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
You build your own coils with that setup? What resistance do you vape at?

I made the switch to rebuildables a little over two years ago. I previously used cartomizers and cartomizer tanks and I got into rebuildable submersible atomizers like the Killer 705 and the Diver v1 and v2 that fit in cartomizer tanks. I hear that the Sophia by Leo is also a very good submersible RBA that goes in a cartomizer tank (perhaps the best in class) although I have never used one. All of them are recommended to be built with non-resistance and resistance wire and welding, twisting, or crimping the two can be pain. I don't really use them anymore as I found them to be a bit prone to leaking, but I enjoyed them for quite a long time and every now and then I break them out and use them.

I used to use 1.5ohm cartomizers and I like to build my RBAs a little lower at 1.2 or 1.3ohms.

Captain Pegleg

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Arkansas
An hour?!? How are you priming your carts? I use the "thingy" to prime my carts. Its ready to go instantly.

Sent from my Commadore 64 using Tapatalk

Oh I tried the Thingy, twisted the lid a ton; dry pulled, even cutting the air off, flooded intentionally - I dunno what the deal was, it just wouldnt draw liquid from the tank for a while. 80-90% PG too. Maybe the small size of my tank (19mm halfling), maybe super tight filler in my batch of cartos, no clue why they wouldnt refill from the tank right at first - but they all worked fine after priming and just letting sit a while. 0 issues since that first day.

Bookworm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
USA
I have always just dropped into the carto to prime them. Takes a few minutes, waiting for 5 drops to absorb and do it again, etc. Not a big deal. But this was the first time priming with the thingy, and it worked fantastically well for me (but these are XL tanks).

I love the little halflings, I need to get a couple.

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area
To the OP, you wanted a short batt that is fat like a normal mod... Have you looked into a mod base on a 18350 battery? I bought a cartel mod and it came with tubes for the 18350, 18500 and 18650. the 350 with a derringer on top is about 3-4 inches long base to tip of the drip tip. nice short pocket friendly. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread