Ice Storm Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
The only time the need for snowmobiles on streets around here was when the blizzzzard of 1977 had hit and man that was a dooozy of a storm that went on and on from what I remember.
Nowadays the wife and I get around with paratransit,if they're not out and running neither are we. :)
yeah we don't get that option here, either you have your own vehicle or you go nowhere.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    ..we have just bought a pair of ski-doos woot!
    I moved to Vermont after I graduated HS. I'd been going up there ever since I was a wee little lad. I had a Scorpion that would get me around more than the Willy (utility wagon) that was the first vehicle I drove.

Reactions: Cheallaigh

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
    Aug 13, 2016
    Georgian Bay, Ontario
    our previous sleds were polaris, i'm hoping they past the tests, i'm a newbie sledder and i learned the hard way i don't travel well sitting behind my hubby on a 2up lol... has something to do with riding blind, completely dislocating my shoulder and him almost losing it on an icy road one day. it wasn't his fault, but then again, my first time on a sled was behind him and he thought taking it up to 90 mhp was a great idea...

Reactions: Eskie

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
    Aug 13, 2016
    Georgian Bay, Ontario
    I'd still call that southern Ontario, when you are North Bay and beyond that's northern Ontario.
    except i'm on georgian bay, so i get those lake effect snow etc... in fact the river in my front yard is almost completely frozen now, i'm waiting to see if the idiot neighbour across the river loses his dock again, he's lost 3 so far. for some reason he can't understand the mouth of the river into georgian bay is only a few houses down and the north wind will raise the river/ice.

Reactions: Eskie

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    ..taking it up to 90 mhp..
    My Scorpion had a little 1 cylinder 300 cc engine. 90 MHP, :closedeyes:, not in my dreams.. The thing was a tough little lightweight sled though, that thing was a 'trailblazer' in new snow, especially unpacked. That thing got stuck nowhere! Kinda like the 'I got stuff to move and you got a pick up truck' thing, I was a real important guy sometimes..

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
    Aug 13, 2016
    Georgian Bay, Ontario
    well he did buy them, so we have a pair of green matched '98 touring E 380's ski-doos with trailer, so 60 is about their limit, which is perfect for me lmao. he can use his this year and upgrade next year to something more his speed.

since we'll be taking them on the georgian bay eastern half of lake huron, we're getting studs installed.

Last edited:

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
    Aug 13, 2016
    Georgian Bay, Ontario
    just took this pic of the maple beside my second storey deck, safe to say the ice is hitting and yep that's the river in my front yard and the idiot neighbour who keeps losing his docks... it's under that ice.
    16107183_10154955002847803_3930007715244611112_o.jpg

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2016
    Niagara Region, ON CANADA
    someone else took this picture, on the 16th, here in ontario ...

85200777.jpg

welcome to my winters hehehehehe... the tree has more ice on it, and we have "ice fog" fun...

"Nature's Art"

I saw a live fly yesterday on my door handle when I went to get into my car :eek: Despite all the warnings, we never did get any ice here - just lots of rain.

Reactions: Cheallaigh
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread