iclear 30 and 16 leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mymares

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2013
Jax, FL USA
Today I picked up a carto tank from a local B&M where I had a credit.. 510 DCT Cartomizer Tank - Large one of these but in red... Took me a bit to NOT pull the carto out, need to find one with a lock ring of some sort..

But , liking it so far except it wont fire on my Zmax, I think the thread area is too short, works great on an ego vv.. tho..

mymares

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2013
Jax, FL USA
My iclear 30 worked very well for the first week, then my top coil popped. So I thought "oh well, time to replace the head". After that, gurgling and leaking out the bottom like crazy, also dry hits. Took it apart, cleaned it, put it back together real tight. Still leaking. After a while, and about ready to throw it out, I tried one more thing. I thought "Maybe I have the head too tight". Took it apart, cleaned it again, put it back together, but I only tightened the head snug and not as tight as I could like usual. Ever since then, not one leaking issue. Try doing that and I bet your leaking issues will be gone. Good luck!

As this thread was started about iclears.. I tried bukugrotesk's suggestion on a 16.. So far no leaks, but now getting a burnt taste when it drops below 1.2 ml mark..

So, so far so good on the iclear for leaking... But that is this one, will try one of the 30's and see how that does..

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
It was the only one she carries, and with my "buyer reward" credit, it was free along with a carto.. :p

Why dont you like DC's?
I simply prefer a cooler vape. And sometimes I've run into a burnt taste with DCs because, I suspect, the upper area of the carto runs a little dry.

mymares

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2013
Jax, FL USA
I use the I clear 16 in the car and it is one of my favorites. I have never had a leakage problem even when I overfill.

That's great Mackman.. I am using a 16 now that is not leaking, been good for a couple days.. I will be trying out a 30 again to see if I can get that not to leak..

Trying out a carto tank, may be getting into playing with them more too!

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Good info to know... any other words or carto wisdom you want to share? :D
Other than I really prefer to use side-fill, or "sidewinder" tanks as some like to call them, there's not a lot too it. Boge cartos... Ikenvape when I can get them and 3V or IBT tanks. Simple.

Carto tanks work better on a VV or VW device because all the cartos (I've encountered at least) have a voltage sweet spot where they work the best. My 2.0Ω Boges seem to be the happiest at 8-8.5W or 3.7-4.2V. They heat up fast, hold a good temperature, but don't get too hot and burn the juice... and last about a week of steady, 10-12 ml a day use. Not bad for a buck or so a carto.

If you like your DCs... by all means, keep using them. There are no rules to vaping... except perhaps, don't blow yourself up. ;-)

mymares

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2013
Jax, FL USA
Other than I really prefer to use side-fill, or "sidewinder" tanks as some like to call them, there's not a lot too it. Boge cartos... Ikenvape when I can get them and 3V or IBT tanks. Simple.

Carto tanks work better on a VV or VW device because all the cartos (I've encountered at least) have a voltage sweet spot where they work the best. My 2.0Ω Boges seem to be the happiest at 8-8.5W or 3.7-4.2V. They heat up fast, hold a good temperature, but don't get too hot and burn the juice... and last about a week of steady, 10-12 ml a day use. Not bad for a buck or so a carto.

Thanks again!

This is my first cart tank and it came with a dc.. This may sound dumb, but is it ok to put a single coil in it? :blush: Not sure since it came with the dc?

All my batteries are VV and 2 are VW so I am covered in that area.. Have 2 old ego's that still work that are 3.7's.

I looked at the sidewinders, still cant decide if I like the look of them.. and since twice today I pulled the tank up and made a mess I am looking for something a bit more secure, since I am not the most graceful person. :blink:

Looking at all the options.. had to have a plumber out last night for a burst pipe, big $$$$ or course it happened on a Sunday.. Will be looking to order another tank and carto's when the next deposit into account is made.

I appreciate all your input, as there is always something new to learn and getting peoples opinions are a help.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Thanks again!

This is my first cart tank and it came with a dc.. This may sound dumb, but is it ok to put a single coil in it? :blush: Not sure since it came with the dc?
Sure... most tanks us a 9mm diameter and either a 35mm (std) or 45mm (xl) length.

I looked at the sidewinders, still cant decide if I like the look of them.. and since twice today I pulled the tank up and made a mess I am looking for something a bit more secure, since I am not the most graceful person. :blink:
There are carto tanks machined to accept cartos with a "locking plate" so once installed, you can't inadvertently remove the tank... you'll have to research that as I don't use them.

I appreciate all your input, as there is always something new to learn and getting peoples opinions are a help.

Bummer with the plumber. :(

No problem with the input. ;-)

jessermay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
York, PA
I recently picked up 2 each iclear 16's and 30's.. I knew all the wick would really soaked up juice.. BUT they ALL leak like crazy out the bottom.. I have taken them apart and really made sure everything was tight and secure.. I get about 2 vapes and then they start leaking out the bottom.. I am very careful about putting in the juice, so nothing is going done the center tube..
I also have pushed the slotted rubber tips down, and up.. when I take the tops off, they are all filled with juice.. I have tried only filling up to bottom wicks and still leaks everywhere..

Anyone have this issue and able to fix? Really liked the amount of vape I get from them..

Just wanted to update you, I got 2 more iclear 16's from fasttech and they work great! No leaking no problems, I think the first one I got was a knock off.

jericoriver

Please support CASAA
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Midway,Ga.
I have been using i clears 16's and 30's for nine months. I've never had a leak,even tho they are sometime laying on the seat of my truck in the sun.Also never had a coil burn out. I use 70 pg/30 vg and run at 4.3 volts most of the time.They usually go about two weeks before needing cleaning.I have stocked up on them and the coils more than anything I've tried in 4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread