I'd like to drip with my Halo Triton. Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheeseVandal

Aug 7, 2013
California
Hey all. Oh this is my first thread. Aww. :p

But for serious, I'd love some help with this. I was going to start a thread on the Halo sub forum but can't yet. I've read a post or two on this topic, but I'd like some more specific discussion from all you pro vapers out there! Even better if someone has actually managed to do this on their Triton battery.

Lemme explain my situation. After trying random e-cigs from friends(some okay, mostly gas station disposables) I decided I wanted to go for it, and break my 11 year cig habit. Wasnt easy, but here I am 16 days smoke-free. After a lot of research I decided to go with a Halo Triton tank System. I love it and no regrets! I even got my brother to tag along with me on this JOURNEY! So proud of him. Anyways... I realize I have a not so super easy, for lack of a better phrase, "plug and play" 808 threading... or whatever. xD

We've kicked our habit(and replaced it with this awesome new one LOL), and I ordered a bunch of juices. I figured dripping would be a great way to play around with all the tastey treats we'll have!

From what I gather I'll need an 808 to 510 adaptor, then... an atomizer? That part is a bit confusing for me. So many options like bridgeless and what have you. I'd love to get my brother and I set up with something that will work for sure. Suggestions of any kind would be amazing. If someone could even go as far as to be like; "Oh here Cheese, click this link, that will work!" that would be amazing! Thanks in advance. <3

Oh, PS! We have the 650mah manual batteries. I'd prefer not having to upgrade to VV bats just yet for newby dripping if that is at all possible.

onion456

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
Houston, TX
heh nobody has answered yet, and im no expert! but i just recently got an RBA, and i love it, i say do it. altho im finding my particular one (a Squid, which is a mini Octopus) is a little rough on the tongue, but it hits great and has lots of flavor, and is excellent for juice tasting. and i like the rebuilding aspect of it too, and now that i have wire & wick, i started rebuilding my EVOD heads too.

i reccommend watching some youtube videos on the various models, just search for RBA Ecig or something and im sure youll get lots of hits. likewise, google search for the model that interests you, and youll find vendors.

best of luck

JmanEspresso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 15, 2013
    Westchester, NY,USA
    Pretty sure the Halo Tritton uses the 510/ego threads. Its more or less an Ego battery with the Halo logo on it.

Get yourself over to AvidVaper.com

They arte having a special right now, you get two Cisco-Spec 510 Atomizers and a Drip Tip for 20 bucks. Get the Low Resistance Atomizers, unless you got the Variable Voltage Batteries, in which case, the choice is yours between low and standard resistance. As for the Drip Tip, its 100% up to you, get what you like. there is a ton to choose from in the deal they're offering.

Cisco-Spec Attys are great. More reliable and longer lasting then just any old 510 Atty.

The king of the Cisco Spec, is the HH.357. Ive been trying to snag a couple of the Long Barrel HH.357s, but they're constantly out of stock in the specs I want.. just gotta keep checking the website. They're very popular. but even the regular Cisco Spec 510 Attys are solid.

then if you find you like dripping, check out some of the nice and cheap Rebuildable Dripping Atomizers.. A7, Igo-W/Igo-L, SmokTech Octopus.. there are tons. Some of the vendors even have pre-made coils for them, so you dont even need to twist your own coils. Then there is the Tank Style and genesis style Rebuildables.. Two that I personally like in that vien, are the SmokTech RSST and the AGA T2.

CheeseVandal

Aug 7, 2013
    California
    Well I dunno. I checked the deal, which seems nice. But there are the LR510 which are available in 1.5, 1.8, and 2.0 ohms.(dunno which is best?) then there are the SR510's which are 2.5 ohms. Yeah... maybe I bit off more than I can chew wanting to go into this so early. I really dont know what I'm doing here. xD Also these are not "bridgeless" and I was told that is what I should go for.

Fenris4024

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Lubbock, TX
    Hey all. Oh this is my first thread. Aww. :p

But for serious, I'd love some help with this. I was going to start a thread on the Halo sub forum but can't yet. I've read a post or two on this topic, but I'd like some more specific discussion from all you pro vapers out there! Even better if someone has actually managed to do this on their Triton battery.

Lemme explain my situation. After trying random e-cigs from friends(some okay, mostly gas station disposables) I decided I wanted to go for it, and break my 11 year cig habit. Wasnt easy, but here I am 16 days smoke-free. After a lot of research I decided to go with a Halo Triton Tank System. I love it and no regrets! I even got my brother to tag along with me on this JOURNEY! So proud of him. Anyways... I realize I have a not so super easy, for lack of a better phrase, "plug and play" 808 threading... or whatever. xD

We've kicked our habit(and replaced it with this awesome new one LOL), and I ordered a bunch of juices. I figured dripping would be a great way to play around with all the tastey treats we'll have!

From what I gather I'll need an 808 to 510 adaptor, then... an atomizer? That part is a bit confusing for me. So many options like bridgeless and what have you. I'd love to get my brother and I set up with something that will work for sure. Suggestions of any kind would be amazing. If someone could even go as far as to be like; "Oh here Cheese, click this link, that will work!" that would be amazing! Thanks in advance. <3

Oh, PS! We have the 650mah manual batteries. I'd prefer not having to upgrade to VV bats just yet for newby dripping if that is at all possible.

Well, to start, congrats on breaking the cig habit, not everyone can go from smoking to vaping as easily as you did, so that's completely awesome!

Since the only 808->510/ego adapters I could find are unsealed, and I don't know IF the triton is a sealed battery (meaning juice can't get into it), you should be careful with dripping, as you don't want to get juice in there and muck up everything. Liquids + Electronics= bad day. This isn't to say you "can't do it" though... so, to that end, I'll do what I can to help you out :)

In order to get the most out of your experience (dripping or otherwise) yup, you'll need an adapter... aside from this though, the Triton are solid batts (I had a similar issue with my Smokeless Image X2's- they're 808 threaded as well.) I'd advise a you guys grab one of these: (Note I am not affiliated with Madvapes, nor have I actually ever ordered from them, I'm simply suggesting them as they had the best prices in the same place to prevent you from getting beat up by shipping charges from multiple vendors)
    808D-> Ego adapter (unsealed)

and for the "easiest" dripping experience, I'd say to use the basic 510 attomizers:

3.2 ohm spare atty

You'd also need a drip tip of some manner, but that's on you to find :p Basic premise is that you wet the coil of the attomizer (2-4 drops) wait a few, fire the batt, and take a pull.... When the flavor gets weaker, add 2 more drops. There should be a slight gurgly sound. If its a dry hiss, this usually means the atty is dry or drying out. Trust me, once you take a dry hit, you'll know what spot welding tastes like!

The higher ohm ratings should prevent you from draining the batteries too fast.

Here's a link to the Ocelot's blog post on dripping, it should cover any other questions you might have, as IT IS KNOWN that Ocelots are excellent drippers in the wild :)

Drip, drip, drip....

Hope all this info is helpful, and that you and your brother have excellent experiences trying new flavors and stick around a while... the show just started!!!

Edit to add: I've never noticed a difference on a bridged vs. a bridgeless attomizer, so whichever you find is best for you, I'd say....

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread