1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

Ideas for Battery Cases

Discussion in 'Cosmetic Mods' started by cddz, May 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. cddz

cddz Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline ECF Veteran

Sorry if this has been done before. I would like to start a thread for different style cases that can be purchased at local stores. I myself am always looking everywhere i go for a new case, it's an obsession lately. I built my most recent 901 mod from a $4 flexible head led light. Picked it up from BigLots. My appologies for poor quality pic.
    View attachment 2367

BTW this will fit a 18650 battery!

2. breakfastchef

breakfastchef Moved On

Great thread idea. There are a ton of good-looking cases out there that can be easily modded into a battery pack for the atomizer of your choice. Here are a few examples...

A basic madog magnum mod for a penstyle atomizer

[​IMG]

Another flashlight case (pete, recently completed one)

[​IMG]

Your basic JuicyBox with and LED based on a post by Jaxxx

[​IMG]

The VapeSnake is a gutted Kensington Flylight. Only nitewriter has any idea how well it works

[​IMG]

3. nicowolf

nicowolf Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I prefer the box mods. I am always checking out stuff that takes size AA batteries. If it has a kill switch and isn't huge or expensive, I start imagining how I might put it together. Dollar Tree is a favorite place for me to get creative.

4. cddz

Dollar tree eh guess ill check it out. I'm not likeing the flat top flashlights too much iam talking with a friend who access to cnc machines and laser equipment.I'm loving the shape and feel of my recent mod as pictured above in the OP. I purchased some surefire non-rechargeables 123... Waiting on shipment, still goin strong. Keep the ideas comming.

5. Sun Vaporer

Sun Vaporer Moved On ECF Veteran

cddz--Actually we set up a whole sub catagory for this kind of thread and have been waiting for a good post like this---so lets hope we see them coming---Moved to Cosmetic MOD Section and Stickeyed so it does not get lost---------Sun

6. cddz

Good idea it could get lost in the shuffle, had to look around for it at first thought maybe my BlackBerry screwed up and deleted the thread.
    -Chad

7. cddz

8. spark001uk

spark001uk Full Member ECF Veteran

Try holding that in your lips hands-free !!! :)

9. framitz

framitz Moved On

My local Target store has some Coleman hand held fans that use 2 AA batterys for under 3 bucks (camping/ sporting goods area). I picked up three thinking about using two rechargeable batteries in parallel for extra life. I was unable to find them on line for reference so not sure all stores have them.

I'm also saving and looking at a metal cigar tube, it looks very promising. Stripped of paint and polished (aluminum) it should look really nice with a 901 atty stuck in the rounded end.

10. JohnR

JohnR Senior Member ECF Veteran

Not much to this one, but the price was right and it keeps it in my shirt pocket.

NProNJoy_wCap.jpg

11. Cisco

Cisco Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Romisen RC-A6 takes a 10440 and a 510 atty.

Cisco...

12. startgroup

startgroup Full Member ECF Veteran

has anyone relayed batteries in a custom case to make them last longer?

13. kinabaloo

kinabaloo Vaping Master ECF Veteran

14. vconrad

vconrad Full Member ECF Veteran

I think I can...hehehehe

15. idoesmoking

idoesmoking Full Member ECF Veteran

@kinabaloo: Your idea is great!

16. GoodDog

GoodDog Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hey John, which e-cig is that in your photo (sorry for the noob question:oops:)? That's a smart and simple idea! Thanks!

17. richardf

richardf Full Member

This is a USB passthrough, not a battery case, but I cannot create threads yet.
    I really like the metal cigar tube idea.
    My boss gave me this desk mic, and asked me to make it into a USB passthrough for our sound tech as a joke. Using the built in push to talk button, it was a real easy convert (about 30 min.). Funny thing is, I never expected to like it and find it very functional. I don't have to worry about hooking the leash and flipping my e-cig on the floor. Pretty funny, but it hits great with a 5 volt 2 amp USB wall plug adapter....LOL

Attached Files:

18. mn shutterbug

mn shutterbug Super Member ECF Veteran

This works good with my 2 piece unit. However, I like to remove the o ring and plastic tab from the end and use the condom instead. Then I'm SOL.

19. Thyestean

Thyestean Vaping Master ECF Veteran

lol nice one.

I've got one of these:
    [​IMG]

that I've been thinking would make a great USB PT. Never even have to pick it up just flex it within reach and then back out of the way lol

20. jzr1024

jzr1024 Senior Member ECF Veteran

aside of just good 'ol analog cases like this one......from
    Gift of Russia- Russian online shop: Ushanka, orenburg, pavlovo-posad shawl, nesting dolls, militaria

[​IMG]

you can take ragular cases and use all kinds of Badge insignia on them. just Epoxy what ever it is to the case.

if you want to SKIN your case a good resource is anyone that makes skins for the "Guitar Hero" guitars. some of them will do custom work OR some of them also sell skins for computers, XBOX, PS3.....you could just buy a sheet, cut it and stick it. flames, skulls, chicks, union jacks, crosses etc.

do a search on Ebay for Guitar Hero skins......there is quite a bit out there at resonable prices.

heck, you can even use extra whatever and skin the INSIDE of the case if the bare metal "clank clank" of your batteries and carts bother you.

[​IMG]
    Game, Phone and MP3 Skins - Morphits.com

ALL kinds of good stuff out there.

~jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.