Ideas/Suggestions for future Radius firmware updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpasint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Coconut Creek, Florida
I have been my Radius for almost two months now and wanted to post a few thoughts that I have about the device itself and about features I would like to see in future firmware updates.
I know that some of my ideas may not be original but this is my consolidated wishlist from direct experience with the Radius.
Please chime with your suggestions.

Thoughts on the device itself-
Precision all the way around and the shape is very ergonomic. I never realized just how uncomfortable a rectangular shaped (VS) vaporizer was until I began using the Radius with its oval shape. No hand fatigue.

The main button is extremely comfortable to use. Again, I never realized how uncomfortable using the harder to press, small button of another brand’s vaporizer was until I began using the “be kind to your finger” button on the Radius.

The configuration options in the menu contain just about every option that one could could need.

To ProVape-

Below are my thoughts for future firmware updates-

Add the ability to lock the Radius using only one hand. Forced two handed locking can dissuade users from locking the Radius prior to putting it into a pocket or just setting it down. This can decrease the safeness of the Radius.
Sometimes it is not practical/possible/convenient to use two hands to lock the Radius. Forced two handed unlock is fine, for kid safety reasons but even that should be an option.
Some vaporizers lock by having to press the main button five times and then immediately pressing another button one time. Having to press the extra button after initially pressing the main button five times significantly reduces the chances of the vaporizer from being unintentionally locked or unlocked.

Add the ability to prevent/lock the main button from going into the setup menu by accident.
Occasionally, while testing a new coil or what not, you can end up in the setup menu by accident.
One handed access to the menu is nice, just as being able to lock the Radius with one hand would be, so a combination of button presses as suggested above for one handed locking would do the trick here as well.

Default the main button and wattage buttons to an off state when a new battery is inserted, or offer a setup option to choose the state. I know that ProVape does not suggest changing the battery frequently but some users will be changing the battery more often than others. It can be difficult to tighten the end plate screws without inadvertently pressing the main button.

Add an option to show battery voltage instead of a battery meter.

Add the ability, by pressing the main button, to view battery level/voltage when unit is off instead of just displaying its off state.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
I lock my Radius with one hand.

Try laying your index finger across the smaller buttons at the same time.

I turn my Radius off with one hand.

Try using your index and middle fingers laid across the buttons at the same time.

This is one of the things I really like about the Radius.

The buttons are close enough to do that.

Last edited:

jpasint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Coconut Creek, Florida
I lock my Radius with one hand.

Try laying your index finger across the smaller buttons at the same time.

I turn my Radius off with one hand.

Try using your index and middle fingers laid across the buttons at the same time.

This is one of the things I really like about the Radius.

The buttons are close enough to do that.

You are correct that one handed on/off is doable but one can miss occasionally, causing the Radius to fire instead of it turning off.
A combination of button presses is a better strategy IMHO.

Reactions: AstroTurf

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
Given this thread, I got to messing around.

You can also lock or turn off, the Radius with your thumb by laying it over either the two small buttons or the two small buttons and the fire button, at the same time, length-wise.

This, as it turns out, is actually the easier method.

skilow

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2011
Pittsburgh
I'll stick with my sigelei. Way cheaper and more options! Sorry provape, you lost a lifetime customer with this lackluster product that it overpriced in my opinion! I love your quality, but not at this price point. I can get regulated mods from reputable companies for pennies on the dollar compared to the radius. Other mods also have many more options! Sorry, but you have PRICED me out as a life long customer! I guess I'll have to use the extra benefits with a lower price from now on.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I'll stick with my sigelei. Way cheaper and more options! Sorry provape, you lost a lifetime customer with this lackluster product that it overpriced in my opinion! I love your quality, but not at this price point. I can get regulated mods from reputable companies for pennies on the dollar compared to the radius. Other mods also have many more options! Sorry, but you have PRICED me out as a life long customer! I guess I'll have to use the extra benefits with a lower price from now on.
Thanks for dropping by! :)

chrisz

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2011
cincinnati, oh
And see ya later.

siani_8

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2013
Bristol, PA
I spent my money on one radius purchase. Hundreds of dollars saved not buying anything else...
Only one review, instead of several, awesome device, money well spent, and I used the extra money to buy 2.5 blems! Awesome decision, I will be vaping until the end!:vapor:

I was curious so I took a look at the $40 Sigelei and wasn't impressed. looks cheap as heck. The buttons look like they could be plastic with that metalish looking coating that will eventually rub off? For ten more dollars, I'd rather have a 2.5 blem with P3 conversion which is no doubt a better future for decices. Temp control would be nice though; it's cold and rainy today in the Philly area and my Provaris can't make it any warmer.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I was curious so I took a look at the $40 Sigelei and wasn't impressed. looks cheap as heck. The buttons look like they could be plastic with that metalish looking coating that will eventually rub off? For ten more dollars, I'd rather have a 2.5 blem with P3 conversion which is no doubt a better future for decices. Temp control would be nice though; it's cold and rainy today in the Philly area and my Provaris can't make it any warmer.
Crappy here too and being sick doesn't help. Yuck!

I think the Kanger Subox is the best "cheap" mod I have owned. Rock solid and easy to use. Comfortable in the hand too. I used the hell out of mine and it's still ticking. A 2.5 with a P3 top all day long over any <$50 mod I have used though.

The Mini Volt WAS great, but I lost it at a bar after Owning it for literally only a few hours so can't comment on it's long term quality.:(

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Paying $200 for a $40 equivalent mod that has temp control. Lack of cs will lead me to the sensible option. Sorry provape, I was on your team.

Spent hundreds on multiple new sigelei mods,liked each one! Or could of used the money for one radius with mixed reviews! Due to ecf policy, I cannot comment on the radius! I hear it's ok.

I hope after repeating the same thing over & over & over & over, you've found happiness within yourself & your hundreds of dollars Segelei. :facepalm:
When you come back to rant some more, would you please bring us some :pop:....I mean after all, with all the money you saved you can provide the snacks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread