If Ohm's Vapes juices are as great as their order fulfillment...

Status
Not open for further replies.

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
I came to Ohm's from ITCVapes.

Without asking for extra flavor, Ohm's is much more flavorful to me than ITCVapes.

Some of ITCV were also coil gunkers. Much, much less of that at Ohm's.

Ohm's turnaround from order to mix and their shipping time, is unbelievably Quick.

I haven't thought for a second about reordering from ITCV.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Reactions: jefsview

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Can anyone compare Ohms Vapes juices to the other budget companies? I'm looking to branch out a bit. Specifically I've tried ITC (my go to company), and Mechsauce (good, but a bit thin). I tend to enjoy strawberry and blue berry based flavors, some custards, and some odd balls here and there.

Hi. I was an ITCvapes fan as well, and while I enjoy their flavors, I just couldn't keep up with the gunk factor and having to rewick after as little as 2 tankfuls. I still have bottles left but use them in drippers more.

Anyway, Ohm's Vapes uses different flavorings than ITCvapes, and you notice it right away. Not in a bad way, just that it's a different base and different profile. Blue Moo is just as good as ITCvapes Puddin #9, but it's a completely different liquid. Same with Strawberry Blonde and ITCvapes Spoonlicker OG. Similar but different. Ohm's Vapes burn much cleaner than the other, and the flavors are stronger but not as sweetened.

Ohm's Custards are good, but I do enjoy ITCvapes and other vendors custards more. Ohm's Vapes has a wider selection than ITCvapes, more diverse and so far 98% of the flavors I've tried are winners. That's why I don't regret moving on from ITCvapes -- better prices, strong selection and damn tasty liquids.

Mrez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New Jersey, United States
Hi. I was an ITCvapes fan as well, and while I enjoy their flavors, I just couldn't keep up with the gunk factor and having to rewick after as little as 2 tankfuls. I still have bottles left but use them in drippers more.

Anyway, Ohm's Vapes uses different flavorings than ITCvapes, and you notice it right away. Not in a bad way, just that it's a different base and different profile. Blue Moo is just as good as ITCvapes Puddin #9, but it's a completely different liquid. Same with Strawberry Blonde and ITCvapes Spoonlicker OG. Similar but different. Ohm's Vapes burn much cleaner than the other, and the flavors are stronger but not as sweetened.

Ohm's Custards are good, but I do enjoy ITCvapes and other vendors custards more. Ohm's Vapes has a wider selection than ITCvapes, more diverse and so far 98% of the flavors I've tried are winners. That's why I don't regret moving on from ITCvapes -- better prices, strong selection and damn tasty liquids.

Interesting, as Spoon Licker OG is my top flavor at the moment, and pudding 9 has been in regular rotation as well. So it sounds like if i liked ITC then Ohms is different but still solid by comparison. I know itc is a tank wrecker, their juice is thick as hell, how thick is OHMS max vg? Also, is there any sharpness to thier flavors? Or are they more mellow and smoother?

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Interesting, as Spoon Licker OG is my top flavor at the moment, and pudding 9 has been in regular rotation as well. So it sounds like if i liked ITC then Ohms is different but still solid by comparison. I know itc is a tank wrecker, their juice is thick as hell, how thick is OHMS max vg? Also, is there any sharpness to thier flavors? Or are they more mellow and smoother?

I use 50/50, so I can't answer the one question. Most of their flavors are smooth, except for the all fruit blends that have a bit of a bite. Ohm's vapes are bolder in flavor IMO. Anything with harshness out of the box has been proven to steep away after a month. The custards were the longest steepers, once again, IMO.

When I first tried Ohm's Vapes, I wasn't certain what to make of them, since I had become so used to ITCvapes for desserts. After a tankful, I realized the differences were just that, different than what I was used to. Give their samplers a try. With free shipping with the coupon code on site, it's worth a taste.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
I told Scott over on the Ohm's Faceplant page that Both the Cookies and Cream and CCS needed Serious boosts in their 2 different Chocolate flavors. He answered back that he is working on a stronger Chocolate juice.

A couple months ago I suggested to him a new flavor, Simabon. A take off on the Cinabon sweet rolls. He mentioned to me backchannel that he is working on it. I told him that NT GCD was a nice flavor but too strong to be an ADV. Let's keep our fingers crossed on this new one.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

I love his chocolates and find them both flavorful. In fact, CCS could use more strawberry since it's mostly chocolate for me ;) the CnC is light, but that's what I like about it -- it's delicate, but addictive.

Unothegreat

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2015
I vaped through about 15ml of Cookies N Cream over the last 4 days. Just can't stop :w00t::shock:

But I had to put it away until I can buy a larger bottle.:p

I've had to do the same thing with Root Beer float... Not only that, but I only allow myself one tank of it per day, and it usually goes in the Lemo Drop. Gotta make it last!

aznnp77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2014
Virginia
I hate having to waste 30-50 bucks every time I try a new vendor, only to find out that their juice sucks.

You really do get the best value if you buy the 120ml sizes. 30ml at $10-12 is too expensive for a trial, but 10ml is too small, and a lot of places charge $5-6 for that.

I recently tried Vape Wild, and after 2.5 weeks of steeping (including a speed steep), I've been extremely underwhelmed. Their fruit loops ejuice tasted too strongly of lemon, their tiramisu which was basically the reason I even placed an order in the first place, has a really nasty undertone, and the vanilla butternut tasted pedestrian (best word I could come up with).

ITC is okay, and I use two of their liquids as ADVs, but I only enjoy 3-4 of their flavors, and I don't like their complacency. No more free shipping, sales occur less often, and they haven't added a new flavor is like 6 months.

I'm looking to try Casey Jones Mainland Reserve, but with $5 flat rate shipping and expensive smaller bottles, I'm looking at another 50 bucks on juice I might not even like.

OHMs Vapes has had enough negative reviewers that I will probably hold off for a while, but my potential vendors list is really short right now.

Unothegreat

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2015
Every vendor will have it's detractors, since taste IS so subjective person to person. But for the price point, I haven't had a liquid from Ohm's Vapes that didn't steep well into an enjoyable experience.

Me either! Everything I've ordered from Ohms has been great, with the exception of a custard, but that's not his fault, I just don't like custard Vapes.

I hate having to waste 30-50 bucks every time I try a new vendor, only to find out that their juice sucks.

You really do get the best value if you buy the 120ml sizes. 30ml at $10-12 is too expensive for a trial, but 10ml is too small, and a lot of places charge $5-6 for that.

I recently tried Vape Wild, and after 2.5 weeks of steeping (including a speed steep), I've been extremely underwhelmed. Their fruit loops ejuice tasted too strongly of lemon, their tiramisu which was basically the reason I even placed an order in the first place, has a really nasty undertone, and the vanilla butternut tasted pedestrian (best word I could come up with).

ITC is okay, and I use two of their liquids as ADVs, but I only enjoy 3-4 of their flavors, and I don't like their complacency. No more free shipping, sales occur less often, and they haven't added a new flavor is like 6 months.

I'm looking to try Casey Jones Mainland Reserve, but with $5 flat rate shipping and expensive smaller bottles, I'm looking at another 50 bucks on juice I might not even like.

OHMs Vapes has had enough negative reviewers that I will probably hold off for a while, but my potential vendors list is really short right now.

You sound like a great candidate for DIY juice. I hate to tout that, but in your case, it sounds like the best bet. I mixed up three batches of delicious juice on my first go, so it's pretty easy. Might be something to look at.

aznnp77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2014
Virginia
You sound like a great candidate for DIY juice. I hate to tout that, but in your case, it sounds like the best bet. I mixed up three batches of delicious juice on my first go, so it's pretty easy. Might be something to look at.

No thanks, I can't even scramble eggs right, so I don't think I should try learning how to make juices.

I only vape about 100-120ML a month, so at $20 a bottle it's not that expensive for me. However, I have wasted a ton of money on flavors that just sit in a drawer, so I guess I do spend more.

Ohm's Vapes looks like they have a cheap sample pack of 5 flavors for $15. That's not bad. Maybe I'll order something since CJMR has a 7-10 day wait right now.

I don't like having so many choices though. This is a bit overwhelming, and I'll prob have to go through this thread again to find the best flavors.

aznnp77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2014
Virginia
Well, what do you typically like? I could literally vape RBF all day every day and be completely content. Happy pappy, CCS, and peachy mango are also REALLY good, as far as I'm concerned. Maybe we can help you choose some good flavors to suit you?

I went through the thread and picked out a few. I think I'm going to go with the five 30ml bottles for $30 deal. Are there any coupons I should be aware of?

I think I'm going to try:

CCC
Butter Nutter
Razberry Limeade
PB&J

and...

Strawberry Shortcake

I'm kinda undecided on the 5th flavor. I haven't had much luck with strawberry creams. I've had MBV Moo Juice, and ITC's Spoonlicker OG and Spoonlicker V2 and didn't like any of them, so I think I might pass on Strawberry cream/shortcake.

I know Bruce likes his Blue Moo, but I didn't like Puddin #9 from ITC either. I think it was the artificialness of the blueberries that turned me off. I dunno, I just didn't like it very much.

I think I'll pass on the custards altogether for my first order. I still have two big bottles of ITC's Custard #3 and Cinnagram Custard which I liked a lot at first, but something happened to them and I don't really like them anymore.

I'm a dessert vape kinda guy, but do occasionally like to switch it up, which is why I'm ordering the Razberry Limeade.

One suggestion I would make for the owner of OHMs vapes is to have a picture (which is worth a thousand words) for each e-juice. I mean if you had names that could explain what it is, the pictures might not be necessary. However, when I need to click on each juice to find out what "Happy Pappy" is, it's pretty annoying.

Tempted to try Fruity C's, but was disappointed in Vape Wild's Fruit Hoops. Too much lemon. Not sure if any of these Looper imitations are worth a try. For the record, I've never had Looper or Mother's Milk, nor do I want to try them, cuz I could never afford them anyways.

Also looking into cookies n cream. Actually, I forgot about Bananas Fosters. My friend, who I am actually partially sampling for, really liked his Banana Cream Pie from MBV last time, so I'm trying to focus on Banana dessert flavors.

Almost submitted my order, but can't go through with Banana Fosters. I'm just scared it's going to be that unripened banana I got from ITC's Bananaberry Dream. Tasted like candy banana after a while too. Didn't like it.

Last edited:

aznnp77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2014
Virginia
Okay, order is in. I wanted to get it in ASAP so I could have it early next week if at all possible. Maybe they can ship it tomorrow if I'm lucky.

Ended up with CCC, Butter Nutter, Razberry Limeade,PB&J, and Dee's Bees as the last second 5th flavor. I wanted to try the killer cupcake, but as with ITC's Custard #9, I feel like custard alone is too plain and is missing something, so I got the cupcake with caramel instead.

This was also my first order ever with 6mg nicotine for every order. In the past, I haven't been able to step down from my usual 12, but I'm going to give it a shot this time for various reasons. Plus my friend wants to start at 6mg, and I think 6mg hits fine in a subtank, which I'm trying to start to use again.

Sucks that I wasn't able to use any coupons since there was soooo many lately apparently, but when you're short on time what can you do right? So I just have CJMR to try on my short list of inexpensive e-juice vendors. I'll give the Vape Wild juice one more try today before I put it away for a month. Three weeks really should be enough for me to tell if the flavors are good or not.

Unothegreat

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2015
You've got some good ones in there. RazLimeaid is fantastic, and tastes exactly like it should. Nutter Butter is also really good, especially if you like the cookies.

Also If you request it, Scott will happily make you a custom nicotine level. The first big order I did (5 50ml), he made me a 9mg/ml mix. Just be sure to put it in the order comments, as well as requests for extra flavoring if desired.

aznnp77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2014
Virginia
You've got some good ones in there. RazLimeaid is fantastic, and tastes exactly like it should. Nutter Butter is also really good, especially if you like the cookies.

Also If you request it, Scott will happily make you a custom nicotine level. The first big order I did (5 50ml), he made me a 9mg/ml mix. Just be sure to put it in the order comments, as well as requests for extra flavoring if desired.

Not gonna mess with extra flavoring just yet. If it's not an option already, it's probably not needed. ITC didn't have flavor boosts originally, but due to popular request they started doing it. IMO the flavor boosts ruined the juices I already liked.

I'm doing 6mg basically for a friend of mine. He's getting an iStick and a Subtank as a gift from me, and I want him to have the best juice I can find for cheap by the time I can get it to him. 12mg in a subohm will be too much for most people.

Unothegreat

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2015
Not gonna mess with extra flavoring just yet. If it's not an option already, it's probably not needed. ITC didn't have flavor boosts originally, but due to popular request they started doing it. IMO the flavor boosts ruined the juices I already liked.

I'm doing 6mg basically for a friend of mine. He's getting an iStick and a Subtank as a gift from me, and I want him to have the best juice I can find for cheap by the time I can get it to him. 12mg in a subohm will be too much for most people.

Well, that certainly makes you a good friend! I actually started sub-ohming at 12mg, and quickly moved down. As did my wife.

There are some flavors that benefit from an extra boost, depending on taste buds. It just depends on the person. Just keep in mind that Scott will definitely work with you as far as flavoring goes, you just gotta ask him. Super great guy to deal with.

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
To those who are liking the Root Beer Float. Try mixing it 50/50 with French Maid, that makes it more "floaty", Very Nice.

I find the French Maid mixes well, I also used it to tone Down some NT CLS a bit.

On the PBJ, I haven't tried Scott's but I mix his Strawberry Shortcake *around* 50/50 with Butter Nutter to make my own PBJ. (I can't get an answer from him if the Strawberry is the same as in PBJ...)

Believe it or not, I MAY like that even a hair more than I like The Moo. The cool thing about mixing it is one day, I'll want a little more Peanutty, another day, a little more Strawberry. Very Tasty.

I just ordered a reorder of Cookies and Cream and asked for Extra flavor, it's ok, just not near Chocolaty enough for me.

We'll see. Scott says he is working on another Super Chocolate but it isn't ready to go yet. CCS at almost a month, to me, is lacking in the Chocolate.

I also need to try and remember that all Ohm's I've tried have been pretty good. That of course, Doesn't
mean that I Can't Try and make them Better. ;) I do think that generally his flavoring needs more strength but that could also be me and my fried taste buds too.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread