If Ohm's Vapes juices are as great as their order fulfillment...

Status
Not open for further replies.

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
I'd only tried one of their custards, in my first samples from over a year ago. I think it was the Blueberry Custard and I just wasn't that impressed. Not nasty, just not a reorder. So everyone was cawing over the Peach Custard, and me being a native Georgian with the dominant Peach gene, I had to try some.

I liked it fine FOOB. REALLY Peachy, a hair much really. Then it dawned on me that Ohm's fruits die down. Silly me. It was creamy but I wouldn't have really called it custardy. Jeff is always the one saying to really let the custards steep. It's 2 weeks and 3 days old now and the Peach has receded and it's been very nice. Last night I go to hit it and WTH?! BAM! Custard. Right there. and Peach. Yum-my.

And to me there was absolutely NO custardy taste 2 days ago.
Bruce in Ocala, Fl

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
Best advice I can provide is to try a bit of each flavor when you get it. If it tastes good to you, continue vaping. If you think it still needs "a little something", then let it steep. Try it every week or so until you either like the taste or decide it is not quite your thing.

My daughter likes to try new flavors straight out of the mailbox. I usually try to order eliquids a week or two ahead of when I think we may run out, to allow for steep time, if we decide it is needed. It is a matter of how you perceive the flavor with the equipment that you are using. For me, creams/custards/some bakery flavors do not taste quite right until they have steeped for at least 2 weeks.

There are so many variables that can affect how any person perceives the flavor of any eliquid. Order what you think you may like. If it does not meet your expectations, give it some steep time. Keep trying small bottles of different flavors, nicotine levels, pg/vg ratios until you hit on a combination that works for you, with the equipment that you are currently using. You are the only one who can decide what works for you, with the hardware that you have.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
With summer on the way, I decided to change out one of my RTAs today. The coil was getting to that point, so I jettisoned the Manic Mallow, rebuilt the coil, wicked it and tried out Happy Pappy again. My bottle is nearly a year old, so it's well steeped. I was hoping the tartness had mellowed some, but, alas, it had not. Made me pucker.

I had only wet the wick and hadn't filled the tank yet when an idea hit! Cut the tartness with something a bit sweeter. I spied the year and a half old bottle of Blue Banana. I'm not a fan of Ohm's Banana flavoring since it comes off a bit green to me. Anyway, the mix is interesting: a true fruit-y salad with a tart kiss, but more tolerable.

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
I don't know what would make you think that.

From what I've read, at worst, Scott would need scanned copies of age ID. No biggee there. I've read
not a word on who is supposed to enforce this FDA stuff, they sure don't have the people to.

IIRC, it's been within the past year when Ohm's substantially increased the size of their "lab". I'm
sure that costs some $ they'd need to recoup.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
From what I've read, at worst, Scott would need scanned copies of age ID.

That age-verification requirement will be enforceable within 90 days, but it's not the worst thing. E-liquids have been deemed tobacco products. Nothing new can be produced after August 8th without a prior approved Pre-Market Test Analysis (PMTA). The manufacturer of any current product that was not on the market prior to 15 Feb 2007 (a.k.a. the Predicate Date) will be required to submit a PMTA and gain FDA approval within 2 years, unless they can demonstrate Substantial Equivalence (SE) to a predicate product. This applies to vaping hardware also.

We don't know exactly how this will work, yet, but it looks pretty bad. The FDA has signaled that even zero nicotine e-liquids are included in their scope. It has been inferred that every flavor and every nic level will require separate approval. They are expected to take a very strict view of SE. The PMTA process is anticipated to be onerously time-consuming and expensive beyond the reach of small businesses; most estimates I've seen are $1M or more per application. There's no guarantee of approval, either. As things stand, the wonderful wide world of vaping is populated with endangered species: juice, mods, tanks, coils, drippers...99% or more of what you can buy today will become illegal in the US.

Some hope:
  1. The House has a bill, and, even better, an amendment to an upcoming Appropriations bill, that would move the predicate date to the effective date of the Deeming (August 2016), saving lots of modern hardware and liquids, but still forestalling further innovation.
  2. Halo--actually their parent company Nicopure--has filed suit and engaged a high-powered firm.
  3. Trump may get elected President. Just maybe, he'll order FDA to revise the regulations into something rational and save the industry (not to mention the public health). It's a sure thing that neither of the Dems will.

snkrumble

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Port Huron, MI, USA
Vaped my sample pack up.
Big D's Custard amazing specially after about 3 days in my top custards at the moment.
Steam roller was decent very powerful hazelnut flavor out of the bottle got better but very powerful on the hazelnut.
Blue moo still got about 2ml left good (not a big blueberry fan) but not my cup of coffee.
Strawberry blonde pretty good may order again something i'd have to be in the mood for.
Honey and milk (forgot the name) Pretty good I liked this one something i'd pick up again.

Big D's custard is definitely something I'll have to pickup a bottle and put it in my rotation. Being a strong vanilla/vanilla custard fan definitely a good juice and a adv.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Vaped my sample pack up.
Big D's Custard amazing specially after about 3 days in my top custards at the moment.
Steam roller was decent very powerful hazelnut flavor out of the bottle got better but very powerful on the hazelnut.
Blue moo still got about 2ml left good (not a big blueberry fan) but not my cup of coffee.
Strawberry blonde pretty good may order again something i'd have to be in the mood for.
Honey and milk (forgot the name) Pretty good I liked this one something i'd pick up again.

Big D's custard is definitely something I'll have to pickup a bottle and put it in my rotation. Being a strong vanilla/vanilla custard fan definitely a good juice and a adv.

The custards get even better the longer the steep. 4-8 month old and they are mouth-watering.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
This past Wednesday, I cleaned and re-wicked my 2 EHPro Bachelor Tanks. Must have really screwed up the wicking, since both decided to drain while using. Flooded over my mods, and one stained my work shirt. Needless to say I'm upset. I never had this problem with my Aqua V2 clones, so I ventured over to Angelcigs, where I had bought my last batch; the Angelcigs clones were of better quality then the older Hcigar/EhPro ones, threading wise. The Aqua V2 clones were reduced in price to $6.99! from $9.99. Needless to say, I splurged and bought 6 of them ;)

I hate losing elquid, especially ones I like. In this case that was Strawberry Blonde and Me Lucky Charm. My Aqua V2's never leak, have great flavor and enough airflow to keep me happy. And I don't have to worry about breaking the glass. If the PMMA tank breaks, I can just use the provided SS one. For the price of those 2 Bachelor tanks, I purchased 6 Aqua V2's and a driptip for each.

Life is funny sometimes.

Reactions: OcalaFlGuy

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
?? How is it that you know Ohm's is having a sale?

I miss everyone one... I don't even see it on the website..

I'm not a social butterfly and do not have FB, twit., etc.. if that is how he notifies..
IMO they are missing out on many other purchasers..who also don't use those sites.

Unfortunately, it's from social media, i.e. FB.

I had similar feelings once. But FB actually has helped, not just with vaping, but of other interests of mine plus family that live in other states (and even those that live closer, but chose FB and not the phone or letters, to keep everyone up to date). It's been a valuable resource for my vaping needs, and I have won several things off of manufacturers' pages as well.

But that's why I still post the sales on ECF, since not everyone uses social media. Weekly sales events are easy, flash sales, however, as often missed. But everyone likes to save money, so the more that know the better.

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
I asked Scott in a message to him on FB as to whether he will start asking for scanned ID's with orders OR How and When he thinks the deeming rules will affect Ohm's.

So far, just crickets chirping...

Thankfully though, I'd think the FDA inspectors in Iowa are Way too busy already inspecting food to have much spare time to Jackboot vape shops.

[EDIT] From Scott. "We are working with our business attorney to find out the best way to handle the new fda regs. More than likely we'll need a scanned copy of ids."

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread