If Ohm's Vapes juices are as great as their order fulfillment...

Status
Not open for further replies.

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
I'm finally ready to post about Red Velvet. At about 4.5 weeks from receipt, it's a good marriage of dominant buttercream frosting with a tasty chocolate cake poking through, pretty much just like the real thing.

It wasn't always tasting that good, though. After two weeks of tender steeping, it was butter. Acrid waxy BUTTAH. There was a lace of sweet cream struggling to be tasted, and the cake was buried. I was not amused, but I pushed it through my various tanks, starting with the Smoktech Micro ADC II super-tootler, then the Nauty Mini, and finally the Kanger ST Nano. I persisted because I could tell it was getting better...and it finally did get good.

So if you want to vape the Red Velvet, plan on ignoring it for at least a month. I'd advise a good breathing and a fair amount of burping and shaking as well.

All my tryouts improved with age. The King is runner-up for Most Improved, with the oily PB taste receding and the banana emerging and blending well...though I still don't know if it supplants my vape Wild PBB. Oatmeal Cookie also got better; there's a good throat-hit there for those who like that sort of thing. White Coco Raz is coming along, though still not a favorite; I'm kind of wondering if I'd like the plain White Coco better. Pb&J and Steam Roller are sure-fire reorders.

After draining half a 30mL bottle of each, I'm pushing them back while I try other things. I'll be interested to revisit them in another month or so.

Unothegreat

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2015
Yes. You have the milk chocolate, plus you have white chocolate on the exhale, with the strawberry in between. It's the richest flavor I've had from them, the most dessert like. Even the custards are a bit lighter. But it's so good :)

Oh man.... now I'm really glad I ordered some CCS. Sounds like a GREAT after dinner treat.

Reactions: jefsview

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
Finally made it home a few hours ago & got to sample my order. Here's my first impression..... WOW!!!! I'm using a derringer rda clone at .9ohms on a istick 50w @ 4.2 volts. PB&J tastes exactly what I remember a pb&j sandwich tasting like when I was a kid, amazing! Next was butter Nutter. Couldn't have been more spot on to the taste of a Nutter Butter cookie, pass me some milk please!! The blueberry & strawberry custards are extremely flavorful as well. I'm still on the fence regarding the free sample of peach custard that they gave me. It's a nice peach flavor, but I think it needs to steep a little longer. The vanilla custard is also extremely good! A nice creamy vanilla. All in all, I'm very happy to have found this thread & will absolutely order from them again.

Ziala

Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Upstate, NY, USA
I'm finally ready to post about Red Velvet. At about 4.5 weeks from receipt, it's a good marriage of dominant buttercream frosting with a tasty chocolate cake poking through, pretty much just like the real thing.

It wasn't always tasting that good, though. After two weeks of tender steeping, it was butter. Acrid waxy BUTTAH. There was a lace of sweet cream struggling to be tasted, and the cake was buried. I was not amused, but I pushed it through my various tanks, starting with the Smoktech Micro ADC II super-tootler, then the Nauty Mini, and finally the Kanger ST Nano. I persisted because I could tell it was getting better...and it finally did get good.

So if you want to vape the Red Velvet, plan on ignoring it for at least a month. I'd advise a good breathing and a fair amount of burping and shaking as well.

All my tryouts improved with age. The King is runner-up for Most Improved, with the oily PB taste receding and the banana emerging and blending well...though I still don't know if it supplants my Vape Wild PBB. Oatmeal Cookie also got better; there's a good throat-hit there for those who like that sort of thing. White Coco Raz is coming along, though still not a favorite; I'm kind of wondering if I'd like the plain White Coco better. Pb&J and Steam Roller are sure-fire reorders.

After draining half a 30mL bottle of each, I'm pushing them back while I try other things. I'll be interested to revisit them in another month or so.

Thanks for this! I ordered a small bottle of red velvet to try. Mix date 6/21 and so far its still tasting quite off, but haven't given up yet. Every now and then ill drip a little on my magma to see how its developing. You've given me hope though!

I also ordered the lotta coloda, circus candy, and fruity punch. Not popular flavor profiles, even for myself I typically go for fruits with desserts thrown in for a little change through out the day, but I figured I'd go outside my comfort zone :). The coloda was very nice foob, giving it some time as the pineapple, I'm hoping, will come through a little stonger. The circus candy, so far, is a bit of a bummer. Getting no taste or even smell at all as of yet. Again, sampling on my magma with fresh wicks. The fruity punch currently is a little heavy on the citrus and not enough punch, yet. Its early still for these but just thought I'd pop in since I've been quietly watching this thread quite a bit. Ill report back on these in a few weeks as well.

Reactions: man00ver

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
Compared to the few ITCV I tried, Ohm's flavors seem to have much more "flavor movement" when steeping.

One flavor may get stronger, one weaker. The Blueberry in The Moo for me seems to fade with time while the cream comes out more.

Whereas, some ITCV were just very faint for me to start with and it took a couple of weeks for ANY of the flavor to really come out.
Bruce in Ocala, Fl

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
All my tryouts improved with age. The King is runner-up for Most Improved, with the oily PB taste receding and the banana emerging and blending well...though I still don't know if it supplants my Vape Wild PBB.

Hopefully the Banana Isn't the little Banana candy flavor Banana?

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
Ok, I got a 30 of The Moo, FM and CCS and a 10 of Root Beer Float in my cart. That RBF saves me the same amount in shipping and I get juice for it. Winning!

I HAD CnC in instead of the CCS but Jeff changed my mind for me. ;)

I'll let the cart sit for a couple hours while I think about it. I'm going to ask for Extra flavor on all of them. See what happens.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Ok, I got a 30 of The Moo, FM and CCS and a 10 of Root Beer Float in my cart. That RBF saves me the same amount in shipping and I get juice for it. Winning!

I HAD CnC in instead of the CCS but Jeff changed my mind for me. ;)

I'll let the cart sit for a couple hours while I think about it. I'm going to ask for Extra flavor on all of them. See what happens.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

I like them both :)

Root Beer Float is :drool: :w00t:

I'm trying to decide which one will go in my Orchid V4 since I ran out of the liquid that was previously in there.

Reactions: OcalaFlGuy

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
Hopefully the Banana Isn't the little Banana candy flavor Banana?

No, I didn't get "Runts" from "The King," in fact my early, unsatisfied expectation was that the banana should have provided more sweetness. It was a light, natural background flavor on first trial. Now it's a bit more prominent and creamier, a better match for the peanut butter flavor, which has also gotten creamier over time.

It's a little out-of-mind at the moment, since I've been playing with some new tryouts from Dr. Crimmy's the last couple of days. I'll report again when the Ohm's stuff cycles back around. From my experience with them so far, I expect the flavors I chose will keep aging well....

I still consider the Pb&J to be a far superior combo, though. I'll definitely get more of that one.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
It's the 4th of July weekend, and Ohm's Vapes has a new flavor: Stars-N-Stripes, which is described as blue raz, strawberry, coconut and cotton candy.

And to celebrate, use code JULY4 to save 15%

All orders over $25, receive a free sample of Stars-N-Stripes
All orders over $50, receive a free sample of Stars-N-Stripes AND CEO Fog Styled RDA!!

Offer ends July 6th.

SALE extended until JULY 20!!

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
So I'm sitting here drooling. ;)

I've already heard 2 sonic booms from my Ohm's order on its way across the country in one day. It will splash down in my mailbox tomorrow.

Gotsa 30 of Root Beer Float, French Maid and Das Moo all Ordered with extra flavor.

Man oh man oh man. If Scott manages to Pump up da jams without hosing the flavor it will be Righteous.

I never hear people say the NT is too strong. IMO, it is. But that also means you Never hear anyone (like me) whine, I can't
taaaaaste it. IMO Ohm's flavor strength needs to be about 1/2 way between what it is now and NT's flavor. Or a good 20% boost
over what it is now. IMO.

Still a wuss juice. Needs a little oomph.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Reactions: Diyguy

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
I pulled out my "steepers" today to see how they are doing:

Juicy Q: the gum flavor is still there, but it has toned down a bit. Leaves a nicer flavor in the mouth than when vaping it. I really wasn't expecting "gum" flavor when I ordered it, just the fruity notes of the gum brand. It's only been 2 weeks, so I'll see how it is in a month.

Cinnamon Crunch Cookie: not getting any of the ice cream flavor, just burnt cookie and faint cinnamon. Hopefully after a month, it'll sweeten up and the creamy notes will rise.

Blue Banana: mix date: 4-23-15. It's been a few months and the banana is still the top note, but the cream base has risen up with a faint blueberry and it's much more balanced, slightly sweeter and now quite enjoyable :) I can't believe that it took longer than the custards to steep! Yet I am relieved that I enjoy it now and I don't have to waste it.

I have about 3mls of the sample of Banana Fosters left, and will be trying that again. I enjoyed it more than the Blue Banana out of the box, but still wasn't thrilled with the banana flavoring. That one has a heavier whipped cream and caramel that made it good, yet I didn't order a larger bottle. It should be golden by now ;)

Reactions: man00ver

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
My latest order arrived. Scott wrote on the receipt that Flavor was added to my 3 choices; RootBeer Float, Moo and French Maid.

FM did seem more fragrant and RBF is Definitely Root Beer but Especially assuming he did as he says, the extra flavor is going to need At Least my customary 7 day minimum for Ohm's orders.

I've got enough Moo to last a week but I may have to hit the FM early, I'm almost out of it. It's a staple.

I had to replenish Both juices, both premium, that make up one of my daily must haves and get a 3rd Air MS and a pack of coils. This order had to be just 30's. :(

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Nuclear Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2014
Memphis, TN
Mine arrived today!

Lotta Colada
Frosted Donut
Oatmeal Cookie
Aloha

All new for me. It'll steep for a week and I'll give it a try. The Frosted Donuts and Oatmeal Cookie smell so good. The Lotta Colada will be a definate gamble for my taste buds but what the heck, I live dangerously from time to time. :2cool:

I've been looking for a good low cost vape that competes with the high dollor stuff. So far I've tried Mt Baker which I didn't like any of, ITC Vapes which was better but none of the flavors I tried really excited me and an order of Vape Wild which arrived yesterday. I went ahead and tried a tank of Maple Pecan from Vape Wild. It's tasty right out of the mail box! I still have Cinnamon Roll, Graham Cracker and a funky one called "The McDelicious" to go.

I've been stuck on The Standard-Cell Block 4 and Jimmy The Juice Man - Creme Brulee fpor a long time. It's good but pricey.

Reactions: AllElseFailed

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Mine arrived today!

Lotta Colada
Frosted Donut
Oatmeal Cookie
Aloha

All new for me. It'll steep for a week and I'll give it a try. The Frosted Donuts and Oatmeal Cookie smell so good. The Lotta Colada will be a definate gamble for my taste buds but what the heck, I live dangerously from time to time. :2cool:

I've been looking for a good low cost vape that competes with the high dollor stuff. So far I've tried Mt Baker which I didn't like any of, ITC Vapes which was better but none of the flavors I tried really excited me and an order of Vape Wild which arrived yesterday. I went ahead and tried a tank of Maple Pecan from Vape Wild. It's tasty right out of the mail box! I still have Cinnamon Roll, Graham Cracker and a funky one called "The McDelicious" to go.

I've been stuck on The Standard-Cell Block 4 and Jimmy The Juice Man - Creme Brulee fpor a long time. It's good but pricey.

Looking forward to more feedback on the Frosted Donut.

Reactions: AllElseFailed
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread