If the REO is your first mod (what you will need)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN

jimskie30

Verified Member
Apr 12, 2011
bremerton
i was trying to decide between the wet box and the reo.. i finally decided to get myself a reo.. ive been buying a pack a day before but since i started vaping my tornado t, i hadnt touch a real cigarette and then i thought id transfer $8.00 everyday to my savings account just like when i was buying a pack a day... well i guess it payed off.. i saved enough money to get a REO.. :)

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
i was trying to decide between the wet box and the reo.. i finally decided to get myself a reo.. ive been buying a pack a day before but since i started vaping my tornado t, i hadnt touch a real cigarette and then i thought id transfer $8.00 everyday to my savings account just like when i was buying a pack a day... well i guess it payed off.. i saved enough money to get a REO.. :)

Congrats .... excellent choice. The wetbox isn't even in the same league as a REO (but you all ready know that :))

Thats a great way save the funds. I just calculate in my head.
I smoked exactly 1 pack a day of Camel Lights (or Marlboro Lights if cheaper)
They are 9.40 (I think :)) now days in my town.
Thats $280 bucks a month - or - $3430.00 bucks a year. Yikes three and a half grand !!

I feel better about my vape purchases every time I see that in writing !!

Lumiis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2009
London, Kentucky
Quick questions guys (& gals), I have atm an Old Goat bottom feeder, decent mod, but in the end it's plastic, and will be ordering a Mini on the 20th =D

When I ordered this bottom feeder, I was given extra needle tube thingies that feed the juice to the mod, now my question is this:

In Accessories there are reducer tubes and feed tubes, which will I need to have multiple bottles set up for quick changes of juice?

Also, and I'm sorry for these questions, I believe the feed tubes are what I need, does one size fit all? They are 2.00$ on the site, but only one size for both mini and grand?

Thanks guys.

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
Quick questions guys (& gals), I have atm an Old Goat bottom feeder, decent mod, but in the end it's plastic, and will be ordering a Mini on the 20th =D

When I ordered this bottom feeder, I was given extra needle tube thingies that feed the juice to the mod, now my question is this:

In Accessories there are reducer tubes and feed tubes, which will I need to have multiple bottles set up for quick changes of juice?

Also, and I'm sorry for these questions, I believe the feed tubes are what I need, does one size fit all? They are 2.00$ on the site, but only one size for both mini and grand?

Thanks guys.

You shouldn't need extra feed tubes. It's pretty unusual for one to need replacement. There is also no needle tube, you just screw the 6 mil bottle (Grand) or 3 mil bottle (Mini) on to the cap installed in the mod. You will get two bottles with your order. Extra bottles are nice to have, but if you mostly vape one flavor and just want to be able to taste something different every now and then, you can drip a few drops of a different flavor into the overflow well, and the atty will suck it right up. Otherwise, it takes about 5 seconds to change out a bottle.

Last edited:

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
  • Deleted by Rhapsodies Fire

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
thanks! i didnt want my grand to get here without a battery..

so.. what should i use, 1.5, 1.8 or 2.0 ohms???

Depends on how much if you like REALLY strong throat hit/heat and vape strong flavors, go low. If you like more subtle flavors, go on the higher end. I like 510's on the Woodvil, better than the 306's (which I prefer on my Mini) Try a selection and see which you like best.

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
The woodvil is a different animal for sure- but we're talking about a grand here... and the talk of "high and low" is deceiving and can be misunderstood. Remember, like mlinky said, the lower the ohm number it's going to hit hotter. I would go lower (in ohms) on the grand (and my mini- they hit about the same) - for me that means 1.5...but a lot of people like 1.8. 2.0 on the woodvil for sure! You might want some 2.0's on the grand too though for sweeter or more subtle flavors, so I would get some of each and try them out to see what you like with what you are vaping!

OaklandCA

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
OaklandCA
2 questions:
1. current (5-2011) price range and sources for 18650 Batteries & Charger (please post link and buying experience shipping etc)

2. unrelated to vaping: Are rechargable batteries more economical than alkalines? (NOT TO USE FOR VAPING BUT Radios and the like)

see below for why:
I got a grand so now i understand that I should get AW IMR18650 1600mAh LiMN rechargeable lithium battery and a charger. Looking around it seems i can expect to pay $11-$15 per battery. Is that correct? Charger 20- $50 any risks of bloiwing the batt with a cheap charger?

As it happens we use an awful lot of batteries in my house and have been buying package after package of AA and AAA batteries. While I'm shopping for my grand's batteries i figure i would try buying a charger that can also handle typical domestic sizes for radios, flashlights kids toys and the like. And then try buying a few rechargable batteries. But at $12. a pop does that make sense for flashlights, radios and toys? How long would these last--does it pay off?

so what sort of charger would that be and can anyone point me to size chart that makes equivalence for AAs etc.

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
2 questions:
1. current (5-2011) price range and sources for 18650 Batteries & Charger (please post link and buying experience shipping etc)

2. unrelated to vaping: Are rechargable batteries more economical than alkalines? (NOT TO USE FOR VAPING BUT Radios and the like)

see below for why:
I got a grand so now i understand that I should get AW IMR18650 1600mAh LiMN rechargeable lithium battery and a charger. Looking around it seems i can expect to pay $11-$15 per battery. Is that correct? Charger 20- $50 any risks of bloiwing the batt with a cheap charger?

As it happens we use an awful lot of batteries in my house and have been buying package after package of AA and AAA batteries. While I'm shopping for my grand's batteries i figure i would try buying a charger that can also handle typical domestic sizes for radios, flashlights kids toys and the like. And then try buying a few rechargable batteries. But at $12. a pop does that make sense for flashlights, radios and toys? How long would these last--does it pay off?

so what sort of charger would that be and can anyone point me to size chart that makes equivalence for AAs etc.

At the time of this posting, oveready has three in stock. $11.00 each + shipping. Wonderlite sells them and has a thread here on ECF. $10.00 each + shipping. Super-T also has them for $9.89 + shipping. Lighthound.com and RTDvapor.com are also great vendors but currently out of stock of AW 18650 IMR batteries.

This charger will recharge both Li-ions and AA & AAA NiMH & NiCd batteries, but I'm not 100% sure if it will accept 18650's.

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
I'll chime in on aa size and aaa size. Eneloops are great rechargeables in aa and aaa sizes. What makes these battery different from typical rechargeables is that they selfdischarge at a very slow rate. This means that they are very good for things that don't get a lot of use such as a flashlight, smoke detector etc. Typical rechargeables will discharge at a fairly high rate just doing nothing. Eneloops will hold a charge for a long time. They are also very good for items that are highdrain. THese are items like a flash in photography where power is needed fast as opposed to a radio or a cd player. If you have things that are used often then regular rechargeables will work fine as you'll be charging them often to the self drain isnt an important factor and they will cost less than eneloops. I do photography and I love eneloops in my flashes. The best charger is the Maha MH C9000 charger but it only does aa and aaa batteries. If youare going through a lot of disposable batteries then rechargeables will save money in the long run and be enviromentally friendlier. thomasdistributing.com is a good place to get chargers and batteries.

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
what is a baggy of Noalox for? advice please.

thank you very nice

The Noalox is an anti-oxidant and is used on the tip of the firing pin so that oxidation doesn't interfere with the current from the battery. Apply a tiny bit to the firing pin when you clean the REO or if the vape gets inconsistent.

vintage6767

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
stupid place
The Noalox is an anti-oxidant and is used on the tip of the firing pin so that oxidation doesn't interfere with the current from the battery. Apply a tiny bit to the firing pin when you clean the REO or if the vape gets inconsistent.

noted and thanks. ermmmm, where is the firing pin suppose to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread