if there is no smoking in the room. could i get away with vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
title saids it all. If I can't smoke in a hotel room, could I get away with vaping? I'm pretty sure that the smell will not linger and the smoke alarms won't set it off.

Have any of you guys done this? how did it turn out?

Mixed, from all reports. Some smoke alarms are incredibly sensitive. You'd probably be best off, doing it in the bathroom -- if a smoke alarm doesn't respond to a steamy shower, it probably won't respond to vapor either.

Andria

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
I remember a thread a few weeks ago where the OP set off the smoke alarm and the fire department was pounding on his door. Probably not something you want to do. :D However, several people reported that using a shower cap on the smoke alarm while you vape works well. YMMV

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
I do it but avoid the area of the alarm. Blow out the window if it opens or into the bathroom ceiling fan.

Some people also stick the shower cap over the alarm and that seems to keep it from going off. Just remember to take it off before you leave. You can also pull the batteries out of the alarm but again just remember to put them back in.

Reactions: Taptapslide

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
some of the alarms are quite good at going off with the presence of vapor... if you feel the need to vape in the room, keep it in stealth mode, keep the vape down to a minimum mist. also, get some type of spray on powdery antiperspiant, that stuff will set off alarms too... if it goes off blame it on the spray... or you can use one of those throw away shower caps and can be placed over the alarm... just remember to take it off the alarm before you leave...

Reactions: Kprthevapr

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
some of the alarms are quite good at going off with the presence of vapor... if you feel the need to vape in the room, keep it in stealth mode, keep the vape down to a minimum mist. also, get some type of spray on powdery antiperspiant, that stuff will set off alarms too... if it goes off blame it on the spray... or you can use one of those throw away shower caps and can be placed over the alarm... just remember to take it off the alarm before you leave...
What he said. Shower cap over smoke alarm :)

DSFA

Mar 1, 2013
Los Angeles
I've travelled quite a bit lately and vape in my hotel room all the time. I've never even considered that it would set off a smoke alarm and so far it hasn't. It doesn't set off the smoke alarm in my living room or bedroom, why would it set it off in a hotel room? But then I'm not a cloud chaser either. Never had anyone from the hotel question me, if they even know I was vaping.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
title saids it all. If I can't smoke in a hotel room, could I get away with vaping? I'm pretty sure that the smell will not linger and the smoke alarms won't set it off.

Have any of you guys done this? how did it turn out?
It depends on how much vapor your devices make. My vapor would set off the smoke alarm. And fog up the windows.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I've travelled quite a bit lately and vape in my hotel room all the time. I've never even considered that it would set off a smoke alarm and so far it hasn't. It doesn't set off the smoke alarm in my living room or bedroom, why would it set it off in a hotel room? But then I'm not a cloud chaser either. Never had anyone from the hotel question me, if they even know I was vaping.

It depends on how much vapor your devices make. My vapor would set off the smoke alarm. And fog up the windows.

I suspect my own case would be like DSFA's... 85% PG tootle-puffing isn't likely to trouble anyone. :) It vanishes in seconds. I love it!

Andria

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
I vape in my hotel room on holiday with no issues. It is allowed, however, and doesn't set off the alarms. One of the ladies even smokes in the room, but opens up the windows and sits on the sill between the double windows...
yeah, I do it also with the window open and exhaling out the window. Thats definitely the best way to do it, short of going outside.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
yeah, I do it also with the window open and exhaling out the window. Thats definitely the best way to do it, short of going outside.

What about the bathroom? If the room can stand shower steam, then why not vapor?

Andria

Reactions: puffon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread