Status
Not open for further replies.

GabbyD

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2008
Southern U.S.
Nicotine is not illegal, and making it such would hurt big tobacco so much that I cannot see it happening.

Tobacco is not illegal. Nicotine in a liquid form is not something you can lay your hands on except for our, as of yet, untested and unregulated e-liquid. Read up a bit on the subject. Google nicotine water. Look at the FDA regulation of nicotine replacement therapies like the patch and gum. None of that has anything to do with the tobacco industry. They are exempt. These other products are not. And our e-liquid won't escape scrutiny as soon as they have time to fool with it or as soon as somebody's kid swallows a gulp of e-liquid and gets hurt.

cucurucho

ECF Veteran
Sun Vaporer, you missed the very important line following that quote:
"that are classified as Schedule 7 poisons".

A device can not be classified as a Schedule 7 poison.

Edit: Here is a more detailed look at the amendment that the Premier's statement was referring to:
http://www.health.vic.gov.au/dpu/poicode.htm

Last edited:

cucurucho

ECF Veteran
TB. Are you referring to www.tga.gov.au/ndpsc/record/rr200810.pdf ?

That document does not contain any changes in legislation. Only recommendations to do so.

Whether our beloved vaporisers are considered a 'device' or a 'nicotine delivery system' makes no difference. Read the laws. The only thing that is banned is nicotine (pure, or in a preparation) that is for human use, not in tobacco and not approved NRT.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
But I think there's a glitch there....because they can also deliver no-nic....so they do have another use.

It just so much reminds me of headshop paraphernalia. Everyone knows what they are used for....illegal drug delivery...but the fact that they can be used for plain tobacco then gives them another use....and they can be bought legally.

So it would seem...just as you better not be caught with a pipe with pot in it....you better not be caught with an ecig device with nic in it.

Lu

I stockpile anyway. I do believe that the government will get their hands on this eventually...and I'm prepared for the next shipment of e-goodies to get stopped at customs. I got a good supply of juice. I'm stockpiling more of my favorite e-cigs now.

One thing's for sure...I won't be without if I can help it.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
I stockpile anyway. I do believe that the government will get their hands on this eventually...and I'm prepared for the next shipment of e-goodies to get stopped at customs. I got a good supply of juice. I'm stockpiling more of my favorite e-cigs now.

One thing's for sure...I won't be without if I can help it.

That's interesting, Karen. Am I right in thinking that e-liquid will last up to two years in storage? Just received some spare usb passthroughs today which are going straight into a drawer for future use. If the worst comes to the worst they'd be hard pressed to stop us vaping glycerine with a touch of LorAnns. :)

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
That's interesting, Karen. Am I right in thinking that e-liquid will last up to two years in storage? Just received some spare usb passthroughs today which are going straight into a drawer for future use. If the worst comes to the worst they'd be hard pressed to stop us vaping glycerine with a touch of LorAnns. :)

I think two years has been quoted, how this is actually worked out, I don't know. I stockpile and panic buy I'm afraid, got at least a years worth of liquid and atomisers, the new liquid I buy goes to the back of the queue.

The screwdriver is the weapon of choice should they start getting nasty, they can't ban the batteries and should anything go wrong with it, I can fix it myself.

D_Struct

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Lufkin, TX
I am to the point where I think, if word comes down the pipe that Uncle Sam is about to step in and halt shipments and sale of ecigs and liquid, I would take a large chunk out of my savings and load up on 50 ml bottles and as many atomizers as I could find.

I can always build more mod setups in place of the batteries! Unless they plan on banning flashlights, soldering irons and digicam batteries, I should be fine. lol

I can't go back to analogs. It's just not in the cards.

Alain59

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Montreal Quebec Canada
I am to the point where I think, if word comes down the pipe that Uncle Sam is about to step in and halt shipments and sale of ecigs and liquid, I would take a large chunk out of my savings and load up on 50 ml bottles and as many atomizers as I could find.

I can always build more mod setups in place of the batteries! Unless they plan on banning flashlights, soldering irons and digicam batteries, I should be fine. lol

I can't go back to analogs. It's just not in the cards.

The way Governments are acting these days who knows maybe they will outlaw flashlights or if caught in the possession of the above mentioned articles your passable to time in Jail .......

Where do the stupidities end with the government , or should i say when will we put an end to letting these fools dictate are lives ???

devonschmoker

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Portland, OR USA
I would have to suggest keeping ALL of your dead parts including atomizers. Remember anything can be rebuilt with enough determination.
(Now the next part is a worst case scenario) I think that you might be able to get carts through in a ban situation if they were completely unloaded (without even stuffing) and marked as simply “Mouthpieces” or possibly we could get the factories to send “build your own” kit for the new models that are released. All that would be needed is the final assembly. As far as liquid with nicotine goes I think that it there would be a serious black market for it. And heaven forbid nothing can get through and all available parts are reused to their fullest extent and there is no fluid containing nicotine available at all. I would sadly return to my Eclipse Analogs. (Hell, if we all pushed RJ Reynolds hard enough they might re-release Premier with a better taste, possibly even using the same flavoring as the tobacco like e-fluids) OR (here is a bit better one it is also more likely to be the case if a ban is passed) they may end up disappearing for a bit and reemerge as just a PVD with out nicotine fluid but you may be able to get nicotine containing fluid by way of a prescription. (A black market will fallow as with any prescription medication.) End scenarios.
I hope that it never comes to that. I think that our biggest weapon against the ban may end up being coming from a rather odd group, the slightly nicotine friendly Antis. (Yes there is plenty of them out there too.) As I say when I am posting in one of the “Doom and Gloom threads” Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. -Devon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread