Status
Not open for further replies.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
How many tax dollars are being spent to chase down illegal drug dealers? Geez, man it's costing us a fortune! Don't kid yourself on how deep the investment in drug enforcement is. DEA is expensive! I have strong feelings that most of our tax money for this is wasted, but to suggest that government turns its head to illegal drugs is foolish. It doesn't.

Nicotine in the form we use it is branded an unapproved drug. It's poison, to boot. It can be approved, of course, and that's why Pillbox was asked for his FDA number to allow shipment into the U.S. He didn't have one.

There's a right way and wrong way to do things, and most suppliers have chosen the quick and easy buck over the more expensive proper following of the rules. We're soon going to find out who played fair and who didn't.

burnt

Moved On
Jan 30, 2009
I checked with the FDA and their registration number 14732819018 is definitely bogus. Apparently anyone can get a number in a matter of a couple of hours (48 max). Their registration is for a food manufacturing facility which they are not and have not been inspected and validated as such let alone a manufacturer of inhalants which is a whole other animal. They need a valid FDA medical registration for inhalants and nicotine and they do not have that. This is fraud so beware, no matter how good it might taste. They have risked their entire business, ICANN registration, hosting possibilities and opened themselves up to a class action suit from all their customers as well as the FTC. Beware of smiling faces as the Stevie Wonder song warns.....

bri1270

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
Massachusetts - USA
I was in NH today... as I am on most days, and I went to buy a lottery ticket at a tobacco and liquor store and right on the door is a huge sign reading:

"Manufacturers have increased the price of cartons by $7 each. Effective Today."

This is on top of a tax increase of some significance which is due to hit on April 1st. So no matter what happens, I will not be going back to analogs. F- That action. Both the tobacco companies and the government have received enough of my money over the years. I will not willingly give them any more.

Let the procurement begin...just in case.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
From my experience, ordering from China is asking for trouble. Buy from a supplier in your country.

And there is a big difference between registering with the FDA (it's supposed to required) and getting approval for sale of a new drug or medical device. Johnson Creek properly registered; that is NOT approval. That's required registration. Nothing wrong with doing that; it's exactly right, in fact.

No approvals for anything involving e-smoking have been issued by the FDA. From their e-mails, they seem inclined to disapprove everything about e-smoking.

bri1270

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
Massachusetts - USA
From my experience, ordering from China is asking for trouble. Buy from a supplier in your country.

Thanks Bob. I only bought a couple of things...just in case. Honestly, at the time I placed the order, no one in the US really had any stock, so I just figured I'd give it a shot and see how it went. Then I started reading about all of the customs issue and what not. I'm glad I only ordered a single bottle of liquid. Most of the order is spare atomizers and batteries.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Thanks Bob. I only bought a couple of things...just in case. Honestly, at the time I placed the order, no one in the US really had any stock, so I just figured I'd give it a shot and see how it went. Then I started reading about all of the customs issue and what not. I'm glad I only ordered a single bottle of liquid. Most of the order is spare atomizers and batteries.

I wouldn't worry about it yet bri until you see where it goes. Maybe it won't turn out well, but maybe it will. A lot of orders have gone through with no problems. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Lu

strell

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2009
www.VapeZone.com
vapezone.com
I just tracked my order and it left Shanghai on March 5th, so I'm probably a week out providing there aren't any issues.
I'm in the same boat with two shipments from HK. I already received one order successfully a week ago. The two more are en route and the last one "shipped" on 3/5. I'm assuming it has to spend some time in customs before it is fully out of the country.

To answer the question in the thread title, yes. Depending on how the pending shipments go, I am already figuring out my best domestic options to get backup everything.

ninjapuff

Nov 28, 2008
The simple truth is that as long as there is demand for ecigs, ecigs will be available. The only uncertainty is whether they'll be available in the open market or the black market.

I think if there is a ban on them, they'll just grow in popularity. That happens with almost everything that the government bans.

Obviously, it's better if it stays in the open market. It will be safer, easier to get, cheaper, and better quality. If it goes to the black market, it can only go bad as people get hurt from bad batches of homemade eliquid, and the government starts putting people in prison for it, then starts a "War on Ecigs".

I'm happy to see so many people here that understand that the purpose of the government is supposed to be to protect our freedom, property, and rights; not to take them away in the name of protecting us from ourselves.

ps - Any Ron Paul fans here?

Grow your own ;)
That's what I was about to do. If I would have went to the roll your own website before I found this forum I would have been planting tobacco this spring. Not sure if I would have been smoking any of it though come fall. Plants don't seem to like me very much. :(

I was in NH today... as I am on most days, and I went to buy a lottery ticket at a tobacco and liquor store and right on the door is a huge sign reading:

"Manufacturers have increased the price of cartons by $7 each. Effective Today."

This is on top of a tax increase of some significance which is due to hit on April 1st. So no matter what happens, I will not be going back to analogs. F- That action. Both the tobacco companies and the government have received enough of my money over the years. I will not willingly give them any more.

Let the procurement begin...just in case.

blotter

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
Portland, OR
My god, sorry to take a morbid stance but... has anyone died yet using an e-cig as directed? Has anyone even died on accident with any of the materials associated with e-cigs? Why ban? If e-cigs get banned, I would seriously consider taking to the streets and protesting... loudly.

Truth is, I can't afford to stockpile as much as I'd like to and I certainly can't afford smoking, though I likely would as I haven't been able to quit analogs with anything I've tried (other than e-cigs.)

Honestly, I'm still a bit miffed from the ephedra ban. I swear, how could I possibly survive without the governments guiding hand and intervention. (Or was that oppressive rule and intimidation.)

:mad:

so2late4me

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Williston ND
If they ban i would not only stock pile i would happily break the law. I switched to e smoking because i was tired of being treated like a criminal and second class citizen for smoking. The Drug reference really really tics me off since my children's school sent my kids home crying after telling them that their dad and I are drug addicts (because cigarettes are drugs) and that we were going to die. That and telling my daughter in front of the whole class that she stunk and all her stuff stunk, is what promoted me to change to ecigs in the first place. Now those Nazi ....*s want to take my ecig too. Now i am just plain ...... off fighting mad. I hope the whole country riot in the streets and demands the !***ing government stay out of peoples personal business and leave our right alone. Government sanction murder is A-ok but Smoking is evil and must be stopped? Hey FDA, don't you think you should get your nose out of my smokes, and try stopping that swine flu. At this point we would all be better off letting China buy the U.S>

so2late4me

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Williston ND
BTW the fda approved a heart med last year, they sent a nice note to my grandpa to discontinue use of the drug. To bad the note did not arrive till after he had been dead a week. (he had only been on their new wonder drug for two weeks). My grandma could not sue because he had a history of heart disease, so she couldn't prove their med caused the heart attack? of course he had a heart condition why would you take a heart med if you didn't have a heart condition What about the fact that it was supposed to prevent a heart atack? Yea the fda is really out to protect our health, anyone read the label on chantex? hell the fda approved an asthma medicine that has a "side affect" of increasing asthma related death they think they should decide if my evo is safe? I think Not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread