Status
Not open for further replies.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
If you got Scarlett Johansson home and naked and in bed and discovered she liked to eat crackers, would you kick her out?

It's not really a fair question. The odds are much better that I could get hundreds of different types of cancer or win the Mega Ball lottery 12 times while being struck by lightening than they are of getting Scarlett Johansson in my bed naked. I would give up vaping, a kidney, and sell all those I love into indentured servitude for a naked Scarlett Johansson. Well, for a naked Scarlett Johansson and my own personal Oscar Meyer Weiner mobile. I think it would be fun to cruise around in a large hot dog shaped car.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    I'd cut down, and maybe if some times I though I cig would substitute for a lot of vaping, I'd do that sometime.

I stopped vaping over a year because it was harder on my throat (then) and other concerns, and started doing it again partially despite that, because I remembered also really enjoying it. It went better this time due to reduced expectations and bottom coils being less harsh.

I kind of think smoking is a lot less harmful in practice than you would reasonably think (e.g. it would kill you within a year), so I wouldn't be totally unbelieving that vaping could be more dangerous than reasonably expected (e.g. almost completely safe, considering smokers don't always die of smoking).

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 5, 2013
    In the Mountains
    It would depend on the amount or risk. Breathing air in many cities isn't good for you. How high of a cancer risk? What is causing it? Over what period of time? I suppose you are asking if it caused more cancer than cigarettes in a short period of time (not likely at all), than yes, I'd probably ween myself off vaping. And I'd probably have a lot of relapses.

It's not really a fair question. The odds are much better that I could get hundreds of different types of cancer or win the Mega Ball lottery 12 times while being struck by lightening than they are of getting Scarlett Johansson in my bed naked. I would give up vaping, a kidney, and sell all those I love into indentured servitude for a naked Scarlett Johansson. Well, for a naked Scarlett Johansson and my own personal Oscar Meyer Weiner mobile. I think it would be fun to cruise around in a large hot dog shaped car.

:lol:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    increase ur chances of cancer, would u stop ?
    Well, the only reasonable way that could even remotely happen would be flavors.
    And if that happened, I would just vape unflavored.

So if vaping propylene glycol/vegetable glycerin were found to increase the chances?
    Damn, I don't know.

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 4, 2015
    Ocala, Fl
    Well, let's make the assumption (if no other reason than it fits my point ;) ) that the carcinogen would be either the PG or VG.

Now, dint I read that PG was what powers the Asthma inhalers? Well surely we can't have all those Asthmatics getting cancer
    from their inhalers can we?

So, once they figured out a new safe replacement, we could start using that instead of the PG or VG.
    Bruce in Ocala, Fl

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 23, 2013
    My priorities regarding vaping were and are as follows, in order.

1. Improve my health and chances for a longer, better life
    2. Lose the smell and filth of smoking
    3. Lose a very expensive habit

As long as #1 is even slightly better than smoking, numbers 2 and 3 still apply. I would however, try to quit vaping as I did smoking.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    a hypothetical question deserves a hypothetical answer.... So, YES! I would quit vaping. But, thank God it was just a hypothetical question.....because I'm a vaping snob who has a ton of stuff that several folks feel I don't need.

And Izan saying "it depends on what Crackers looks like" was one of the funniest things I've read in awhile!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread