Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodeorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
Guthrie, OK
Wow....6 pages ....no Ahlusions yet?
If you're a Tribeca fan, you owe it to yourself to give Ahlusion's Gold Rising a try.
I too found Halo juices to be chemically. Ahlusion flavors are very clean. Its better than Tribeca IMO.

I'd also add that I just received some Hangsens RY4 from fasttech, and its surprisingly good and similar to Tribeca.

Sig Fan 55

Verified Member
Jun 27, 2013
Bay Area, CA,USA
Tribeca literally tastes different to different people because it is such a complex flavor with a lot of subtleties. It is a very subjective RY4 in terms of its taste. A juice that tastes like Tribeca to someone else will probably not taste like Tribeca to me, and I believe there is not a single juice out there that replicates it EXACTLY. I have had several that shared different properties with Tribeca, but nothing spot on. Mr. Vape RY4 shares a similar caramel flavor to Tribeca, so I buy that sometimes as it is much cheaper.

I started on Mr. Vape RY4 and loved it, then the wife and I found our true love Tribeca. After going broke from $20 per 30mil I think it's time to re visit Mr Vape again. I also think the PG in Tribeca has not been agreeing with me so back to the 10/90 that I can get at Mr Vape.

I don't think I have seen them mentioned on here before and they only have only one vote on the top 5 vendors people order juice from thread. Funny cause i think they are so much better than all the other RY4's I have tried. Thanks for the reminder!

ericsp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
NY
I love heathers heavenly vapes, heavenly tobacco and also Vermillion River, Kentucky Blend and their RY4 version as well. Tribecca has me hooked as well, just offering my two cents :)

I love Heathers also.. I mean love it..

I bought the sample Halo pack and the only only ones that I like were the Tribeca and Prime 15... To me the rest do taste like a Lab experiment.

misterholidayhouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
Central Oregon
Tribeca for me is the same from start to finish of a 30ml bottle as long as I start it off with the cap off for a day or two. Literally just made the switch from the end of an old bottle to a new one tonight and it's exactly the same to me. I vape Tribeca about 50% of the time in my daily rotation with other juices. It's somewhat of an enigma for me.. I crave it, I never get tired of it, and at the same time it really doesn't taste as good to me as many of the other juices I use, but I still have to have it. I don't taste a lot of the things in it that others describe. To me it's a artificial sweetener followed by an actual smoke taste. That's it.. I still love it and don't really know why. Lol. I can't think of anything else I've tried, including several RY4's, that I could make a direct comparison to with Tribeca. Definitely a unique juice without equal in my opinion.

bluehaze013

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Florida
Throat hit was too Harsh with Tribeca for me and it had that chemically taste someone else mentioned. I preferred Freedom Juice but TH still too harsh I think its because of all the PG Halo uses. If you want something similiar to Tribeca though try Indigo RY. My Tribeca was 30 days old when I got it from B&M but unsteeped (3day old) Indigo RY tastes exactly like Tribeca to me.

charlzrocks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Hamilton, MS
I love Ry4 variants too and have vaped many. My favorite vendors currently are Vermillion River (KY4, K-Max, Kentucky Premium Blend)Maddcatt Vapors (RYW4, RYJ4 and RYJ5) Backwoods Brew (Malty Toffee and Casablanca). I have tried the Halo Tribeca and found it a unique taste but the throat hit was just a tad bit harsh, and the stuff is $$ compared to what you get from other vendors for the price.

SpiralOut

May 13, 2011
Tanners Mill
I have been abusing Tribeca for a couple of years now and in my opinion, nothing could come close. Well nothing I've tried has anyway.

After hearing all the good things about BWB Virginia I ordered some and it arrived today. First impression... nothing like Tribeca, at all. I was pretty disappointed about this. I don't hate it and it may grow on me, but the jury is still out. It has a weird kind of hot pepper taste to it. Maybe in a few days it will change.
I just wanted to put that out there for anyone expecting it to taste like Tribeca.
Some good suggestions in here, though!

Jim Diamond

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
North Texas
Im missing something with Tribeca...to me it tasted like Triaminic...the worst cough syrup known to man.

All the Halo tobacco juices tasted like chemicals to me...like they were made in a lab to create the perfect tobacco substitute and in the end they taste fake and nasty.

Prime 18 wasnt too bad...but it wasnt much of anything really. BWB flavors have a hint of tobacco plus a blend of other things to make a great flavor...not just to replicate something that doesnt taste that good to begin with.

I still own my Halo juices and Ill still give tham a chance...but Im not looking forward to vaping them again anytime soon.

Couldn't agree more. When I first started vaping, I vaped Halo juices a lot. This was before I discovered the NET's. I agree that Halo's juices have a chemical taste and smell. Ahlusion, Heather's, Vermillion ... so much better.

But hey, taste is subjective, right? If someone enjoys the Halo juices, then more power to them. I'm sure we all have stories of how we didn't like a popular juice, or did like one that isn't very popular. I recently discovered "Darkness" by EC Blends. I absolutely love it, and I don't think I've ever even heard it mentioned here.

Last edited:

SpiralOut

May 13, 2011
Tanners Mill
Update on the BWB Virginia: It tastes like some kind of hot Doritos flavor or Flamin Hot Cheetos. Subtle but weird.

I don't know where you guys come up with a chemical taste with the Tribeca. I like to vape that late in the evening. I used to vape it all day long but want to keep it from becoming boring. No matter what I've been vaping on all day as SOON as I exhale the 1st hit of Tribeca I say out loud ".......n", without exception!
It has a buttery taste at first. Truly premium juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread