If you sell E-Liquid with Paypal make sure they don't say in the Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaMulta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
T-Town Oklahoma
Well I was kicked from paypal. My phone call was :p with them over it. Total BS them kicking me FOREVER over a few bottles of e-liquid. They told me I'm forever banned from the system for it.

All because I sold a few bottles of e-liquid, and those people put down what they bought in the notes. So make note make sure people don't do that when they pay if you happen to sell any e-liquid on ECF sales section....

They are also charging me 1.50USD to mail my remaining funds to me LOL that just takes the cake.

Dear $$$$$,

The PayPal User Agreement states that PayPal, at its sole discretion,
reserves the right to limit an account for any violation of the User
Agreement, including the Acceptable Use Policy. Under the Acceptable Use
Policy, you may not use PayPal for the sale of certain products that
present a risk to consumer safety. To identify products that jeopardize
consumer safety, PayPal reviews laws, regulations and other government
actions, other available evidence, and marketing content related to the
product. The sale of e-cigarettes is covered by this policy. Please see
the following link for more information -
http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm173401.htm.

The complete Acceptable Use Policy can be found at the following URL:
http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/use/index_frame-outside

To learn more about the Acceptable Use Policy, please refer to our Help
Center page here: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/helpweb?cmd=_help

We are hereby notifying you that, after a recent review of your account
activity, it has been determined that you are in violation of PayPal's
Acceptable Use Policy regarding your sales of e-cigarette liquids.
Therefore, your account has been permanently limited.

If you have a remaining balance, you may transfer the funds to your bank
account. Information on how to withdraw funds from your PayPal Account can
be found at our Help Center.

You will need to remove all references to PayPal from your website(s)
and/or auction(s). This includes not only removing PayPal as a payment
option, but also the PayPal logo and/or shopping cart. We thank you in
advance for your cooperation. If you have any questions, please contact
the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy Department at aup@paypal.com.

Sincerely,
PayPal Acceptable Use Policy Department
PayPal, an eBay Company
Thank you NHaler for 60Mg;) I have a nice mood enhancer 50Mg mix going on ATM over this....

DaMulta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
T-Town Oklahoma
It's ok if you live in the UK. It's only if you live in the US. It sucks because now I can not buy used PC Hardware from other boards anymore, nor can I sell anything computer related on other boards. So there goes a few extra thosand for the year for me.

I really wise I would of received a warning instead of being banned forever.....I guess I will just have to set up a dummy account some how.....

DaMulta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
T-Town Oklahoma
We received your email where you asked us to reconsider. You mentioned that you did not believe that there was a legal concern in the US for the e-cigarette and e-cigarette liquid products, but unfortunately that is not the case. In the email where you were notified about the limitation, you were given the below link to where the FDA had posted about this issue. FDA Warns of Health Risks Posed by E-Cigarettes Also, as you had a concern about others who are potentially in violationof our Acceptable Use Policy, I'm including the instructions below on how to report potential violations for us to review. We regret to inform you that we cannot overturn the limitation on your account. Due to the violation of PayPal’s Acceptable Use Policy regarding prescription drugs, your account has been permanently limited.Please remove all references to PayPal from your website(s) and/or auction(s). This includes not only removing PayPal as a payment option,but also the PayPal logo and/or shopping cart. If you have any questions, please contact the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy Department at aup@paypal.com. Jared,PayPal Acceptable Use Policy Department PayPal, an eBay Company

tony206

Moved On
Sep 25, 2009
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

DaMulta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
T-Town Oklahoma
I'm on the phone with them right now....They are thinking about banning it world wide. IF the FDA gets over turned in court about it being a prescription drug then I might be able to have my account re-opened. Because the FDA stopped some shipments at the border in the US shows that they have been banned.

I could tell this guy has delt with this many times in the past.

DaMulta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
T-Town Oklahoma
I wonder if they could ban us if they find out that we buy e liquid or parts, or if its just to people that sell the stuff

I asked about that, and they really didn't want to say. It's my understanding that you can buy with paypal outside the US where it's legal.....

So say you bought from TW that would be OK, because they are not in the US.

Deschain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
England
Isn't it time we boycotted paypal? From now on I will use no merchant that uses paypal. I don't care what it is I want to buy. Find another way.

Pretty hard when they have their logo on pretty much every site I see...I use them a lot and have never had any problems with them.

The OP has been treated disgustingly though.:nah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread