Not open for further replies.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Welllll......
Honestly I really don't WANT to quit vaping, so it would kind of depend on EXACTLY what and why.
I could CHANGE how I vape, or what I vape, etc - to avoid harm.
But if that really weren't possible. Like if VG were poison, and no one had a substitute, then I probably would quit altogether rather than continue a hobby THAT bad for me. You SAID "worse than cigs" - that's pretty bad.
And see, I am certain that quitting vaping wouldn't be as difficult as quitting smoking - I don't have "cravings" like I would for a cigarette if I go without vaping for a few hours. All I have is a mild nicotine addiction now. I also have a mild caffeine addiction. Not a problem.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
If you learned tomorrow that vaping was even worse for your health than smoking.. would you continue to vape at all?
No chance.

I'm already not using nicotine.
So I guess I'd just quit vaping at that point.

Of course, that would mean I'd have to quit drinking.
That would suck a lot more than quitting vaping.
:(

But if I'm going to have a few drinks, I'm either going to vape or smoke.
That's a given, and is unchangeable.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
Yeah, I would go back to smoking.

Oh, wait, that would mean going to back to using nicotine.
And paying the $50/month extortion fees levied by my health insurance.

Wow, I'd be screwed coming and going.

I'm just going to go ahead and reject your entire premise.
It's far too unlikely, and I don't want to deal with this stress.
:laugh:

Just Want To Quit

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
San Fernando Valley, So-Cal
If you learned tomorrow that vaping was even worse for your health than smoking.. would you continue to vape at all?

I would. I enjoy it more than smoking and didn't really stop for health reasons. I always needed 'a crutch' too.

what about you?

My goal with vaping wasn't to trade one habit for the other and I plan on quitting vaping eventually as well. If some new groundbreaking scientific info did come out that proved without a shadow of a doubt that anything in EJuice is harmful to me.... that would make me quit immediately! It wouldn't be a problem for me, not even cold turkey.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada

I would. I enjoy it more than smoking and didn't really stop for health reasons. I always needed 'a crutch' too.

what about you?

I would wean off vaping and quit.

VapexTwin

Oct 28, 2015
Loads of different views. It's quite right that it's never going to happen, but I know for a fact that I'd continue to vape if it did. I smoked heavily for 25 years and never once tried to quit. I knew the health risks. I'd loads of relations that had died from smoking, some in their death beds still puffing. Never stopped me from lighting up a single one for decades. 140 Reds in a day once. You make yourself believe that you're invincible and just don't think of your health, well I did when young anyway. I tried a cig-a-like and it was rubbish. So smoked for another year until I tried a Kanger and that was me hooked on vaping. It was a tastier, better hit.

It's fantastic that I could instantly quit smoking for vaping. But I can remember smoking stinking butts found down the back of the sofa for a hit.. and with a lucky build it's now like I'm hooked on caramel frosted flavoured cigars hand rolled by God.

Reactions: Woofer

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Inappropriate. If you have an issue with a thread, report it.

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
yes the only reasons I do stop vaping and I do for a short amount of time is when my DIY juices are horrible and I can't afford store bought for the time being or when prices are just too insane. I used to see myself quiting in the future or going down to 0mg but right now life is very stressful having to deal with moody people at work that I am happy I vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread