Status
Not open for further replies.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Saw that iJoy is getting into the 20700 battery mods with the Captain PD270. Dual battery and can also use 18650s (according to the specs). Seems to be the typical iJoy chip and features.

I like the look and the fact that it can support a 30mm atty without overhang. More details on their website at: IJOY Captain PD270 234W Dual 20700 BOX MOD

According to a short video on their FB page, they also seem to going to release a 20700 mech mod.
IJ1A.jpg
ij1.jpg
IJ2.jpg
IJ3.jpg

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Aspen valley Vapes has these batteries for $14.95 or $14.99 (and I hope that is for a pair) and pre-order for the mod and it comes with two of these batteries for $79 and change.

I just can't believe these batteries are 40 amps though?? They are also advertising the batteries will give you the power you want and last all day too??

Not sure I would believe that yet either??

Reactions: Gallant

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
i'm sure this will be a great mod, it looks like their entry into the alien/predator genre. I love how ijoy include their HQ batteries.. the rainbow doesn't work here, too much carbon fibre/black clash, but the black one with different insert stickers looks great :)
Question is, which popular chargers will work with 20700s?
for example, will my efest? the nitecore d4??
nitecore officially validate their new I series for 20700s, and they look to have a different sled to the D4

Reactions: sherifgd

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
i'm having dry hits galore in temp mode at just 400 faranheit.. the mod fires faster than any dna i've tried, it is that fast.. grip is exceptional as is comfort and firing button. TC mode is just way out at the mo though, unfortunately (mine came with v1.2, i don't see anything newer). I won't use it to vape my nautilus nickel tootle coils but it seems a bit better in SS mode with SS 316 coils. Put it this way, what i have in my dna's at 440 faranheit, i need to put at 350 ish in the captain.. that shows you how off the TC is.
And i have to lower preheat watts too, from 22.4 for the 0.15 triton mini nickel coil to 17 ish.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
i'm having dry hits galore in temp mode at just 400 faranheit.. the mod fires faster than any dna i've tried, it is that fast.. grip is exceptional as is comfort and firing button. TC mode is just way out at the mo though, unfortunately (mine came with v1.2, i don't see anything newer). I won't use it to vape my nautilus nickel tootle coils but it seems a bit better in SS mode with SS 316 coils. Put it this way, what i have in my dna's at 440 faranheit, i need to put at 350 ish in the captain.. that shows you how off the TC is.
And i have to lower preheat watts too, from 22.4 for the 0.15 triton mini nickel coil to 17 ish.
Mine did the opposite. wouldn't barely fire at any temp. I did just watch vics and his burnt cotton at 400f. sounds like major QC issues in the mods

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
wow thanks Anthony.. so yours is bad in TC but for opposite reasons, and vic's is exactly like mine. Yes these need a firmware update stat. Feels like a total waste of money at this stage.. i advise anyone against this mod for now.. I should have waited for Daniel of DJLSB to do a review. Oh well. Live and learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread