Ijoy Captain PD270 - 20700 dual battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

eLCruz

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Central Florida
I haven't either, I still use my Captain everyday.
I even still use my old Cuboid that lives down in the workshop too. ;)
Thats my work mod too! Cuboid is indestructible! Just real HEAVY! Great for work station, not out & about...

Sent from the edge of space & time.

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
I haven't either, I still use my Captain everyday.
I even still use my old Cuboid that lives down in the workshop too. ;)
I still my original Cuboid as well. Small world. :)
Yeah I read that, but mine seems to have a jumpy ohm problem. Tried 5 attys some prebuilt and some RB. All jump up & down even in VW. From 0.16 to .84! You know how that tastes! [emoji44][emoji32][emoji852][emoji34]
Yours might be older than mine. The original versions had issues with the 510 that have been paid some attention to since then. The one you get should be much better in that respect.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
My pd270 still works awesome for my low power vw use.

I really am a single battery vaper at heart. Waiting on 3f to get their Oceanus kits in, will definitely order one. In the meantime I have one of the $20 kanger k1 DNA75 mods on the way, expect it tomorrow [emoji5]

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
My pd270 still works awesome for my low power vw use.

I really am a single battery vaper at heart. Waiting on 3f to get their Oceanus kits in, will definitely order one. In the meantime I have one of the $20 kanger k1 DNA75 mods on the way, expect it tomorrow [emoji5]
I should have grabbed one of those Kanger's just for the board. It would make a great board for a regulated squonker.

Mark Spivey

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2015
Knoxville, TN
IJoy customer support is literally [emoji90]! Since june 20th, I've been back and forth with them about my defective Captain. They would not give me an RMA, address, or any info. Finally around July 17th they said they would send me a replacement. Here we are, August 8th, and no info! I ask for status, they say, "waiting for tracking". Either their mail system is a POS, or they are lying, shifty, crooks! This company is deceptive and disreputable! They don't stand behind their products and could give 2[emoji90]'s about customers. Real ....... [emoji90]!

I'm in the same loop with them as you are with a different Mod. Actually, I've had three bad experiences. I had a written promise from a Rep that was never kept (to rectify a problem on an Atty that was sent for review but the grub screws were seized and stripped out while trying to remove) as well as two ticket numbers on two different Mods (that is where their communication ended until I hit social media with it). After putting the dirt out on Social Media I got into the same horse crap as you. I personally will never buy another iJoy Mod, perhaps any iJoy product. Personally I think the company name should be NoJoy. It's definitely a company solely interested in sales only and not customer service.

eLCruz

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Central Florida
I'm in the same loop with them as you are with a different Mod. Actually, I've had three bad experiences. I had a written promise from a Rep that was never kept (to rectify a problem on an Atty that was sent for review but the grub screws were seized and stripped out while trying to remove) as well as two ticket numbers on two different Mods (that is where their communication ended until I hit social media with it). After putting the dirt out on Social Media I got into the same horse crap as you. I personally will never buy another iJoy Mod, perhaps any iJoy product. Personally I think the company name should be NoJoy. It's definitely a company solely interested in sales only and not customer service.
Yeah, I've pretty much written them off myself... NoJoy! Ha, that's a good one! [emoji868]

Reactions: Mark Spivey

Mark Spivey

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2015
Knoxville, TN
At this point, anything I have made by iJoy I consider to be trash on failure. I may try to scavenge a few parts that may be able to be used on something else. If I weren't concerned about hurting the environment, I would take great pleasure in chucking it into a river. Then it would be I Joy... LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Sorry to hear of people having so much trouble. My pd270 has continued to work fine, a solid pv. Resistance reads a little low, but stays consistent, a generally pleasant, long running setup.

I do understand people not liking its tc operation; fortunately I'm strictly a kanthal vw vaper.

Last edited:

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
At this point, anything I have made by iJoy I consider to be trash on failure. I may try to scavenge a few parts that may be able to be used on something else. If I weren't concerned about hurting the environment, I would take great pleasure in chucking it into a river. Then it would be I Joy... LOL

I tried my best to warn people

Reactions: Mark Spivey

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I joy has released the V1.5 firmware... :lol:

Well the TCR values still only go as high as 200. It will still reset to power mode if you pop the batteries out while in M1 or M2 TC mode.

I have been running a dual 4mm SS316L 28x3/36 fused in my Aromamizer Plus in power mode (110W) since TC was not working on the Captain.

I was really looking forward to testing out TC with the new firmware. I set the Captain to TC SS, left it at 110W and set the temp to 440F. Locked in the resistance on the cold coil and hit the fire button, the numbers look good. It didn't immediately fall to 0W like on FW 1.4 and I proceeded to take a vape. After I finished coughing from the burnt wick taste, it seemed to be firing at full power instead of the set value. The LUX suffers from the same useless TC functionality. I dropped the power down to 5W and tried again, same full on hit...

This could have been a fluke and I am going to try the Plus build on the DNA to get a reference TC vape after I rewick it. Then I'll try it again on the Captain, I don't have very high hopes.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Well it just plain and simple doesn't work...

For those that still have firmware V1.4 could you confirm this? Take a normal Kanthal or Nichrome build that you run in power mode on the Captain and try it in TC SS. I never tried it with V1.4 before I flashed ti to V1.5 to see if it happens.

Set the power to 5W and the temperature to 300F and give it a fire. On any other TC mod out there this will produce zero vapor or kick you out of TC.

With the V1.5 firmware, it will fire the mod at maximum wattage. Be prepared, the vape gets very hot quite quickly.

It will also do this with a TC build if something is a smidgen off.

eLCruz

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Central Florida
Well it just plain and simple doesn't work...

For those that still have firmware V1.4 could you confirm this? Take a normal Kanthal or Nichrome build that you run in power mode on the Captain and try it in TC SS. I never tried it with V1.4 before I flashed ti to V1.5 to see if it happens.

Set the power to 5W and the temperature to 300F and give it a fire. On any other TC mod out there this will produce zero vapor or kick you out of TC.

With the V1.5 firmware, it will fire the mod at maximum wattage. Be prepared, the vape gets very hot quite quickly.

It will also do this with a TC build if something is a smidgen off.
I can confirm this on 1.4.
Mind you, my mod is clearly defective HW ( OHMS jump drastically), but at 5W it should not mater.
It is applying full power to coil. Instantly reaches temp setting! No good! At 5W it should take a few seconds to reach 400° F.
This mod was no ready for retail! This company is using us as "paying Beta-testers". Very unethical!

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I can confirm this on 1.4.
Mind you, my mod is clearly defective HW ( OHMS jump drastically), but at 5W it should not mater.
It is applying full power to coil. Instantly reaches temp setting! No good! At 5W it should take a few seconds to reach 400° F.
This mod was no ready for retail! This company is using us as "paying Beta-testers". Very unethical!

Thanks, I never tried it with 1.4 and figured it might be a new "feature" of 1.5. I don't mean just hitting temp protection at 5W. I mean it fires and dumps out vapor like you were running it at 200W+ never hitting a temperature protection at all.

iJoy has no idea how to do TC, their version of it doesn't even come close. They should stick to making RDTA's like the Combo and Limitless.

eLCruz

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Central Florida
Thanks, I never tried it with 1.4 and figured it might be a new "feature" of 1.5. I don't mean just hitting temp protection at 5W. I mean it fires and dumps out vapor like you were running it at 200W+ never hitting a temperature protection at all.

iJoy has no idea how to do TC, their version of it doesn't even come close. They should stick to making RDTA's like the Combo and Limitless.
Yeah, I didn't want to ruin my set up so once I saw it hit temp I let up. But it basically kept firing. I woud let up and press again and it would keep firing! No temp protection there...
BTW, I vape rayon wicks, their burn temp is lower than Cotton.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Yeah, I didn't want to ruin my set up so once I saw it hit temp I let up. But it basically kept firing. I woud let up and press again and it would keep firing! No temp protection there...
BTW, I vape rayon wicks, their burn temp is lower than Cotton.

That's what I'm talking about. I use Rayon as well and the burnt hit from it is nastier than cotton. ;)

Reactions: Eskie

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Sad really sad. While on the one hand at least they are trying however on the other hand they are at v1.5 and seemingly no closer to actually functional firmware.

My Lux's kinda sorta mostly sorta work with Ni200. Anyone try Ni200 with the Captain?
The LUX fires a little too hot, the Captain is full throttle...

This isn't 2014 where the DNA40 is the only TC game in town. I don't know if it's the iWepal chip that doesn't work or it's a lack of programming. The LUX has it chip and the Maxo does as well...

eLCruz

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Central Florida
Sad really sad. While on the one hand at least they are trying however on the other hand they are at v1.5 and seemingly no closer to actually functional firmware.

My Lux's kinda sorta mostly sorta work with Ni200. Anyone try Ni200 with the Captain?
Yes, before contacting ijoy I tried ni200, Ti grade 1, SS316L, & kanthal A1. All performed unreliability on Captain in temp. With the exception of kanthal & SS, in VW, worked but had to fiddle with Watts because ohms were off and jumpy.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
I wonder if anyone else (with stable resistance) has tried manual TCR.
With 1.4 & 1.5 my OBS Engines and SC Plusses have read resistance .01 low but vape fine using manual TCR.
Odd that I had two G Class that we’re crap and got lucky with this mod.
But, I’m not in line for another.
I’d rather use the luck on lottery tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread