Status
Not open for further replies.

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
I just got tge Aromizer Plus..... juice control TIGHT ! my 1st no post..any reccommendations on wire gauge..I kno it fits big builds..I fire 50-70 w..I'll put it on the SXQ or ipv8 or flask..
That's that..I give up..lol..I really liked the 228.just sent it back. Still in box.
Thx :facepalm:
I found these about 2 months ago (but haven't tried them yet).
NOTE: Kanthal = FeCrAl at a lot of places. Kanthal is a trademark name, so any company that makes them without using actual Kanthal has to call them FeCrAl.
Some of these are quite Power hungry!​

MaxVaping Pre-Built Atomizer Coils
Tons of FeCrAl & Stainless Steel Complex coils in 10 Packs. (MaxVaping)
Listed again in the post below with details about each one.

MaxVaping Pilot Vape Coils
FeCrAl 10 Packs for $7.95 (Pilot vape)

MaxVaping Stainless Steel Coils
Stainless Steel (type unspecified) Clapton Coils for $9.95 (MKWS)

MaxVaping Pre-Built Coils
FeCrAl 26/32g Clapton 0.6Ω, 10 Pack for $9.95 (Youde)

Last edited:

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
More from MaxVaping...

Spools and Tubes of wire

Vapeman Tech (results of search for Vapeman Tech brand)
3 Tubes or Spools

TiNi Heating Wire Spool
30m Spool of wire from MKWS made from Titanium and Nickel (TiNi).
32g, 30g 28g, 26g, & 24g

MaxVaping brand Coils

Nickel Coils - Pack of 10
Pack of 10 (Single Coils of 28g, 26g, 24g, & Twisted 22g)

Nichrome Coils - Pack of 10
Pack of 10 (Single Coils of 28g, 26g, 24g, & 22g)

Premium Sub-Ohm Coils - Pack of 10 (these were listed above, but are here with details about them)

Approximate Resistance of each FeCrAl coil:
  • Alien Wave Flat: 32GA*1.5mm flat, 0.2 ohm
  • Clapception: (28*32*26)GA, 0.3 ohm
  • Clapton Twisted: 28GA*32GA+28GA*32GA, 0.9 ohm
  • Half Staggered Fused Clapton: (26*32*24)GA + 32GA, 0.27 ohm
  • Hero Alliance: 28GA+32GA+26GA+0.1*0.9mm flat, 0.55 ohm
  • Juggernaut: (28GA*32GA)*2+0.1*0.9mm flat, 0.45 ohm
  • Staggered: 24GA*2+32GA, 0.3 ohm
  • Staggered Fused: (26GA+32GA)*2 + 30GA, 0.4 ohm
  • Staircase: 24GA*2+0.1*0.9mm flat, 0.25 ohm
  • Super Clapton: 26GA*32GA+0.1*0.9mm flat, 0.7 ohm
  • Super Juggernaut: (26*32*24)GA+0.1*0.9mm flat, 0.3 ohm
  • Taiji: 28GA*32GA+22GA, 0.25 ohm

Approximate Resistance of each Stainless Steel coil:
  • Staggered Fused Clapton (32g/26g): 0.2 ohm
  • Alien (32g/24g): 0.1 ohm
  • Fused Clapton (32g/26g): 0.2 ohm
  • Twisted Clapton (32g/26g): 0.2 ohm
  • Clapton (32g/22g): 0.16 ohm
  • Clapton (32g/24g): 0.25 ohm
  • Clapton (32g/26g): 0.34 ohm
  • Notched: 0.23 ohm
  • Notched: 0.5 ohm
  • Parallel Clapton (26g, 32g/26g): 0.18 ohm
  • Parallel Fused Clapton (26g, 32g/26g): 0.11 ohm
  • Parallel Tank Track (26g, 32g/Ribbon): 0.13 ohm
  • Interlocked Alien (32g/24g): 0.09 ohm
  • Juggernaut (32g/26g): 0.18 ohm (coming soon)
  • Tank Track (32g/Ribbon): 0.28 ohm
  • Variety: 2 of each - Clapton 26/32, Alien, Staggered Fused Clapton, Tank Track, Interlocked Alien

Last edited:

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
Addendum to my post yesterday about Firmware Update V1.3. I said...
NOTE: I say these worked better/OK with Power/Norm 60W, but they do not perform like they should, especially at 60W.
I just compared the Captain at Power/Norm 60W to my SX Mini Q Mini at Power/Novice 60W using the Horizon DUOS SUB Tank with a Kanthal Tiger Coil Head (the same Tank on both Mods). They seem to be working about the same. On the second vape of a chain-type vape, they are both a bit hotter, and the first one is about the same, too. I guess the Tiger coil is already up to temp. It's rated 80W-100W, so it's Power hungry, and I'm only giving it 60W.

I really wish that some of you would go ahead and try V1.3, and post your results. Temp Control is still sucky for me with SS316L, but I'm using UD brand wires and Notch coils. No premade Coil Heads like @greenmachine17 asked about. Nor any other TC wire types.

Let's please all get together on this. If you don't want to contact iJoy with your results, then I'll do that for you. The more feedback they get, the better it will be in the future. I'm just trying to do my part. And if you've found anything that you'd like to see added to the list, then please post that, too.

Last edited:

greenmachine17

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2015
Street Level U.S.A.
Addendum to my post yesterday about Firmware Update V1.3. I said...

I just compared the Captain at Power/Norm 60W to my SX Mini Q Mini at Power/Novice 60W using the Horizon DUOS SUB Tank with a Kanthal Tiger Coil Head (the same Tank on both Mods). They seem to be working about the same. On the second vape of a chain-type vape, they are both a bit hotter, and the first one is about the same, too. I guess the Tiger coil is already up to temp. It's rated 80W-100W, so it's Power hungry, and I'm only giving it 60W.

I really wish that some of you would go ahead and try V1.3, and post your results. Temp Control is still sucky for me with SS316L, but I'm using UD brand wires and Notch coils. No premade Coil Heads like @greenmachine17 asked about. Nor any other TC wire types.

Let's please all get together on this. If you don't want to contact iJoy with your results, then I'll do that for you. The more feedback they get, the better it will be in the future. I'm just trying to do my part. And if you've found anything that you'd like to see added to the list, then please post that, too.
Okayyyyy. Wth !
I can't update. .... Apple computer won't allow it.I can drive/fly just about anything w wheels,wings and tracks..but this Apple $2200 pc ? :facepalm: Probably gotta get my wife or grand kids to work it.;)

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
Okayyyyy. Wth !
I can't update. .... Apple computer won't allow it.I can drive/fly just about anything w wheels,wings and tracks..but this Apple $2200 pc ? :facepalm: Probably gotta get my wife or grand kids to work it.;)
You probably need a PC instead of a Mac. The iJoy Update Installer is a Windows executable file... IJOY Update installer.exe. Or load Windows on your Mac. :D
I'd love to comment, but don't expect mine in until month end (just got my shipping notice).
Dang it! Ours were arranged at about the same time, and I got mine on June the 5th. :blink: I hope you get it before month's end! DHL Tracking can be goofy at times, plus we don't have a DHL office here anymore. Packages get dropped off in my state, up in the northwest, and are carried to me by the Post Office from there.

Last edited:

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
My Captain has been processed through Vava'u, Tonga - it's moving!
:blink: It's on a freaken slow boat from China? Somewhere in the South Pacific?
scared.gif

Vavau%20Tonga.jpg

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
RiP Trippers has a video on the Captain DP270 that I just got an email about today. I was posted on June 13, and he said he'd been using it for a month without issue. So I was curious about which version his Firmware is. This is a Screen Shot of the video at 5min 22sec, just after inserting batteries.

RiPs%20Firmware%20V1.0.jpg

This is a 1920x1080 picture, which I left big so you can easily read the version. We're all still waiting for a video of full coverage testing from Daniel, or a 2nd one from Anthony, but I thought I'd share RiP's here. He loves his!

Most of us have V1.2, with at least one of us having V1.1, but he was happy with his so that really made me wonder what was up! @greenmachine17 seems happy with his V1.1, but some of us have issues with V1.2. I installed V1.3 and didn't see any real improvement, except that my coils were no longer Hot n Nasty, and they didn't burst into a flame, or make that Poof sound. But that was about it for me.

I wish I could know about everything DJLsb Vapes is working on with iJoy, to have a clue of what will be in V1.4 (assuming that V1.3 wasn't it!). He hasn't released a video yet, so we still have to wait for him, and for Anthony to get his Rainbow.

I've added two things to the list now...
  • Slow down the (+) & (–) Adjustment button scroll rates. They zip up and down too fast. Maybe make them adjustable in a menu setting for user preference.
  • Please make Firmware Updates available for Mac computers.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
RiP Trippers has a video on the Captain DP270 that I just got an email about today. I was posted on June 13, and he said he'd been using it for a month without issue. So I was curious about which version his Firmware is. This is a Screen Shot of the video at 5min 22sec, just after inserting batteries.

This is a 1920x1080 picture, which I left big so you can easily read the version. We're all still waiting for a video of full coverage testing from Daniel, or a 2nd one from Anthony, but I thought I'd share RiP's here. He loves his!

Most of us have V1.2, with at least one of us having V1.1, but he was happy with his so that really made me wonder what was up! @greenmachine17 seems happy with his V1.1, but some of us have issues with V1.2. I installed V1.3 and didn't see any real improvement, except that my coils were no longer Hot n Nasty, and they didn't burst into a flame, or make that Poof sound. But that was about it for me.

I wish I could know about everything DJLsb Vapes is working on with iJoy, to have a clue of what will be in V1.4 (assuming that V1.3 wasn't it!). He hasn't released a video yet, so we still have to wait for him, and for Anthony to get his Rainbow.

• Slow down the (+) & (–) Adjustment button scroll rates. They zip up and down too fast. Maybe make them adjustable in a menu setting for user preference.

I thought we were over this. Firmware can't fix hardware. The 510 pin sucks. No firmware update can fix it. IDK why you are still harping on it.

Also rip is nothing more then a hype man at this point. I wouldn't trust a word he says. He can't even wick his own atomizer he designed.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
I made the mistake of picking up s Perseus based on glowing review of it, Lesson learned [emoji5]
That's why I do what I do. What the shill reviewers won't and that's thoroughly test stuff and tell the truth

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
I thought we were over this. Firmware can't fix hardware. The 510 pin sucks. No firmware update can fix it. IDK why you are still harping on it.

Also rip is nothing more then a hype man at this point. I wouldn't trust a word he says. He can't even wick his own atomizer he designed.
I'm not harping on anything. Why don't you cool your jets and read what was posted?!!!!!

I'm talking about you testing your Rainbow when it comes in. You said you would.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
I'm not harping on anything. Why don't you cool your jets and read what was posted?!!!!!

I'm talking about you testing your Rainbow when it comes in. You said you would.
Yes I know my jets are cooled but you keep saying firmware will fix my issue and it won't lol

greenmachine17

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2015
Street Level U.S.A.

Ummm..that guy Rip..doesn't he kinda like EVERYTHING :shock:

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
I wonder how long the Captain will stay in Tonga. Perhaps it will next set sail for Samoa [emoji5]
Still no movement? You know how the Captain and his band of pirates and mates love to stay ashore, drink and brawl, and look for the ladies. I'm sure he'll set sail again before too long. :D Hawaii should be his next port of call. :lol:

Seriously, I hope it gets to you soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread