ijoy elf mini review for MTL people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
Hmmm.. I am not sure where I rate this tank.

It has one massive lead over the nautilus 2 0.7 coil, in that it can handle the watts rated and not dry hit. Right now i'm using the 0.5 at 25 watts.. the thing is, it's a warm vape, and i find the throat hit better with the same juice using the nautilus bvc 1.8 coil in the mini triton at 12 watts.

I like the airflow ring tension, it's just right, and has resounding clicks for the 5 slots. This is very very much a MTL, even with the 0.5 and the airflow wide open, although i have it at 3 holes open.

Filling is easy as you just unscrew the top, but be careful with over filling.. this is where i don't like this tank.. you can't fill it all the way to the top as it overflows significantly.. so to know where to stop, you have to use a syringe on a totally empty tank and put in exactly 2ml, as that's what it can take without overflow. Then maybe mark the fill point with a perma marker on the outside or something. It's quite irritating. Drip tip is quite beautiful in resin, and comfy, and of course it can take all the nautilus or mini triton coils.. It comes apart completely for cleaning and the glass is not hard to remove off of the o rings like it is on many other tanks. No leaks yet from the base.

If i was to rate it, i'd give it a 6/10.. the 0.7 coil is better than the nautilus 0.7 by far, but the 0.5 is far too warm for me even though not burnt at all, and low throat hit IMO.. but for something different, a unique drip tip and the ability to use naut coils, sure, it was worth a go.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Hmmm.. I am not sure where I rate this tank.

It has one massive lead over the nautilus 2 0.7 coil, in that it can handle the watts rated and not dry hit. Right now i'm using the 0.5 at 25 watts.. the thing is, it's a warm vape, and i find the throat hit better with the same juice using the nautilus bvc 1.8 coil in the mini triton at 12 watts.

I like the airflow ring tension, it's just right, and has resounding clicks for the 5 slots. This is very very much a MTL, even with the 0.5 and the airflow wide open, although i have it at 3 holes open.

Filling is easy as you just unscrew the top, but be careful with over filling.. this is where i don't like this tank.. you can't fill it all the way to the top as it overflows significantly.. so to know where to stop, you have to use a syringe on a totally empty tank and put in exactly 2ml, as that's what it can take without overflow. Then maybe mark the fill point with a perma marker on the outside or something. It's quite irritating. Drip tip is quite beautiful in resin, and comfy, and of course it can take all the nautilus or mini triton coils.. It comes apart completely for cleaning and the glass is not hard to remove off of the o rings like it is on many other tanks. No leaks yet from the base.

If i was to rate it, i'd give it a 6/10.. the 0.7 coil is better than the nautilus 0.7 by far, but the 0.5 is far too warm for me even though not burnt at all, and low throat hit IMO.. but for something different, a unique drip tip and the ability to use naut coils, sure, it was worth a go.
Great review Vesh, I had no idea the elf mini could take Nautilus and Tmini coils too! It's a good bit shorter than the Triton Mini or Nautilus Mini isn't it?

Reactions: Vesh

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
yes it's shorter than both David, thanks for your positive comment really appreciate it mate.

It's nautilus 2 ish size.. 22 mm diameter with 2ml tank so as you can imagine not very tall but not short.. the triton mini is so tall cause it's only 20mm, and i think the naut mini is 19mm and 2ml, hence, height.

Drip tip is way nicer than anything aspire give on any tank though, IMO. It's just so comfy and each one is unique due to the resin.. a cool little feature.

I think really it's more of a 7/10 cause it's better than the nautilus 2.. with the naut 2 I have issues where i unscrew the cover to fill it, and the whole glass lifts off when i try to lift the cover off..there was still 1ml of juice left in the tank so you can imagine what happened. But the con with the ELF is that you can't fill it to the top, which is really strange for a bottom coil top fill tank. It's the way the pressure top screw works and is a flaw IMO but once you've sussed the max fill spot it's ok.

I have some coming MTL tanks i'll review, the vapefly nicholas and the hotcig smart tank ( already have the latter but haven't use it yet, nicholas on it's way from heaven gifts.). :)

PS the hotcig smart tank is 2ml also and is the world's smallest tank, so very clever design they managed to pull off.

The reason I decided to start reviewing tanks, was that i have been watching DJLSB alot, and every single MTL tank he has loved, i haven't. I am starting to think that direct lung vapours who MTL just here and there for a review, don't know what a good MTL is.. i've bought quite a few terrible tanks by trusting his reviews.. for example the smok spirals, of which i bought 2 different colours, and is an utter POS to put it mildly.. dry hits galore and leaks from the base galore, terrible pressure seal. I'll be giving the unused 22mm gold one away at some point when i get round to it, i hate it that much.. So i thought it would be a good idea to give some reviews of MTL devices from a 95% MTL vaper. :)

Last edited:

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
yes it's shorter than both David, thanks for your positive comment really appreciate it mate.

It's nautilus 2 ish size.. 22 mm diameter with 2ml tank so as you can imagine not very tall but not short.. the triton mini is so tall cause it's only 20mm, and i think the naut mini is 19mm and 2ml, hence, height.

Drip tip is way nicer than anything aspire give on any tank though, IMO. It's just so comfy and each one is unique due to the resin.. a cool little feature.

I think really it's more of a 7/10 cause it's better than the nautilus 2.. with the naut 2 I have issues where i unscrew the cover to fill it, and the whole glass lifts off when i try to lift the cover off..there was still 1ml of juice left in the tank so you can imagine what happened. But the con with the ELF is that you can't fill it to the top, which is really strange for a bottom coil top fill tank. It's the way the pressure top screw works and is a flaw IMO but once you've sussed the max fill spot it's ok.

I have some coming MTL tanks i'll review, the vapefly nicholas and the hotcig smart tank ( already have the latter but haven't use it yet, nicholas on it's way from heaven gifts.). :)

PS the hotcig smart tank is 2ml also and is the world's smallest tank, so very clever design they managed to pull off.

The reason I decided to start reviewing tanks, was that i have been watching DJLSB alot, and every single MTL tank he has loved, i haven't. I am starting to think that direct lung vapours who MTL just here and there for a review, don't know what a good MTL is.. i've bought quite a few terrible tanks by trusting his reviews.. for example the smok spirals, of which i bought 2 different colours, and is an utter POS to put it mildly.. dry hits galore and leaks from the base galore, terrible pressure seal. I'll be giving the unused 22mm gold one away at some point when i get round to it, i hate it that much.. So i thought it would be a good idea to give some reviews of MTL devices from a 95% MTL vaper. :)
I think more reviews of True MTL tanks would be awesome! I too have been mislead by YouTube vapers and those who like really airy MTL in the forum who say a tank is good for MTL. The Kayfun V5 is one of the airiest tanks I've had, maybe good for restricted lung lol. I do trust P Busardo on YT he knows a good tighter draw MTL. If the draw can't be varied down to tight air flow it's not a MTL. Period. :rolleyes:

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
hey just a heads up, have you tried the mouth to lung adapter for the kayfun 5? I think a few reviewers were indeed honest with that one and say it wasn't ideal as was, for MTL.. but the MTL adapter fixes it apparently.

I was thinking of finally getting into a MTL RTA.. what do you think of digiflavour siren, or Kayfun 4 if i can find? Ultimate thing is ease of use and assembly for me, since it will be my first time ever building coils. In and fact, i will start with pre built coils that i just need to snip, connect and wick. You can get them everywhere in any wire you want.. I'll be doing SS builds :)

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    hey just a heads up, have you tried the mouth to lung adapter for the kayfun 5? I think a few reviewers were indeed honest with that one and say it wasn't ideal as was, for MTL.. but the MTL adapter fixes it apparently.

I was thinking of finally getting into a MTL RTA.. what do you think of digiflavour siren, or Kayfun 4 if i can find? Ultimate thing is ease of use and assembly for me, since it will be my first time ever building coils. In and fact, i will start with pre built coils that i just need to snip, connect and wick. You can get them everywhere in any wire you want.. I'll be doing SS builds :)
    The MTL air adapters will tighten the airflow to some degree, I use a Kayfun 5 clone for work but absolutely love my Sirens. I would not recommend the Siren to anyone just starting to build and tinker with tanks. The Siren has wicking slots that are just a little to big and will cause some seeping, but the airflow is the smoothest I've found on any tank and you can close it down super tight. There is a fix for the Siren using a O-ring, when you get comfortable building and tweeking check out the Siren thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread