IJOY EXO SERIES TANKS (EXO S, EXO X, EXO XL, EXO RTA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Well, after yesterday's 'Adventures in poor wicking technique', I'm loving the EXO with the single coil deck.
To be technical, wow, wow, wow!
Might have to give the dual deck a whirl.
I'm not a single coil guy usually but I really like the single coil on the EXO. The dual coil deck is quite lack luster in my opinion. I use crius plus and engine dual coil tanks and the dual deck on the EXO is not at all in the same league.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Well, I did an nonscientific, yet good comparison between the OBS Engine dual coil, and the EXO single coil.
I happen to have a few VT133s, so I copied the SS430 profile to each of them, freshly charged Samsung 30Q in each, new SS430 claptons (you gotta try these!) freshly wicked.
I DIY, so I put one of my favorites in each, but different flavors so I could tell which is 'better' if either.
First vape, I found that 440F is way too hot a vape for me with the OBS, so I turned it down in steps until I got a comfortable vape at 420F.
So, my lovely coil assistant did the timing, 'Ready, set, go' for a 5 second pull. We repeated this 3 times alternating tanks. Between each pull, I cleansed my palate with hand ground coffee.

Here's the outcome.

I notice little difference between the two. Some additional vapor from the OBS, some extra flavor from the EXO. Neither was enough of a difference to say 'Holy cow, what a difference'

It amazed me that a single coil can keep up with a dual for me. The EXO draws less watts to maintain its temp of course. The OBS needed 44W vs the EXO at 15W.

Juice consumption is unknown, but I'd think maybe the same due to the vapor production. EXO may have a slight advantage, but I just don't know. They are about the same juice capacity, 6ml vs 5.2ml.

The OBS Engine has been leakproof for me. The EXO has been leakfree for only a day, so I can't judge.

What has made a huge difference is the switch to the SS430 claptons from Advanced Vape Supply. Night and day. Wish they had this wire long ago.

Mind you, completely nonscientific, but kind of controlled conditions. It's what I found. YMMV.

OBSvsEXO.jpg

Herrick

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2016
Hi all. Thanks to Heartsdelight's recommendation, I'm considering this RTA. Other than juice capacity, how does the X compare to the RTA? I've had seeping with my two Merlin RTAs (one which I just got today) so I'm going to be retiring them. I also have an Engine Nano which has good flavor to me anyway.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Hi all. Thanks to Heartsdelight's recommendation, I'm considering this RTA. Other than juice capacity, how does the X compare to the RTA? I've had seeping with my two Merlin RTAs (one which I just got today) so I'm going to be retiring them. I also have an Engine Nano which has good flavor to me anyway.
@SirRichardRear has the X, but that's not an rta it uses coils but does utilize a rba. I think I remember him saying it's comparable.
Is your Merlin seeping problem like others? Not out of the airflow but underneath a ring on your mod? Mine is like that but it isn't too bad so I just wipe it off every now & then & still use it because it's a really good rta.

Herrick

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2016
@SirRichardRear has the X, but that's not an rta it uses coils but does utilize a rba. I think I remember him saying it's comparable.
Is your Merlin seeping problem like others? Not out of the airflow but underneath a ring on your mod? Mine is like that but it isn't too bad so I just wipe it off every now & then & still use it because it's a really good rta.

RBA? Whoops not for me then. I'll look more into the 2ml/6ml RTA.

Yeah I'm having that same problem with the Merlin RTA. Even with the juice flow closed it still seeps and a little ring forms between the bottom of the tank and the top of the mod.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
RBA? Whoops not for me then. I'll look more into the 2ml/6ml RTA.

Yeah I'm having that same problem with the Merlin RTA. Even with the juice flow closed it still seeps and a little ring forms between the bottom of the tank and the top of the mod.
the RBA on the EXO XL is pretty dam good to be honest. very comparable but the EXO RTA wins out for sure. I got like 8 more RTAs i'm working on lol wondering if nay will crack my top 5. Right now the EXO RTA is my favorite

Herrick

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2016
the RBA on the EXO XL is pretty dam good to be honest. very comparable but the EXO RTA wins out for sure. I got like 8 more RTAs i'm working on lol wondering if nay will crack my top 5. Right now the EXO RTA is my favorite

Hmm...you know I always thought an RBA was the same thing as an RDA but I don't know. I've no interest in dripping.

Reactions: TrollDragon

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Hmm...you know I always thought an RBA was the same thing as an RDA but I don't know. I've no interest in dripping.
No it's a rba head (after you build on it) you screw onto the base instead of a manufactured coil head. Rda's are drippers. I feel a dedicated rta is better than an rba head, those tanks are meant for coil heads but give you the option to build on the rba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread