IJOY EXO SERIES TANKS (EXO S, EXO X, EXO XL, EXO RTA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Ahhhh. No wonder you don't have leaks. Your juice frozen :thumbs:
We have to scrape high VG juice into the tank with a butter knife... ;)
Canada.jpg

BlackCRX

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Vancouver Canada
Hello all. What is the trick to removing the glass tank & chimney from the base? If I don't remove the tank for a few days, the chimney always gets stuck to the bass and the glass unscrews from the chimney. Very annoying and messy.
Tighten the .... out of the top and bottom/chimney section.
This happened to me before. I put on rubber gloves and tightened it as much as I could. From that point, the top and chimney has never separated

Reactions: TrollDragon

BlackCRX

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Vancouver Canada
I also tighten the top cap all the way
then back off 1/4 of a turn
so it won't unscrew the glass and chimney
section from the base when removing
the top cap to re-fill.

Yes. I no longer fully tighten the top cap. I've over tightened it before to the point I needed rubber gloves to remove it. Now I just "gently" turn the top cap down with just my thumb and pointer finger.

BlackCRX

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Vancouver Canada
The chimney came apart on me once when taking off the top cap. I put a pair of needle nose pliers in the top fill holes and tightened the tank section nice and tight. I havn't had a problem with the top cap since.
I had thought of that also. But depending on the tolerances and machining you can easily over tighten it using pliers and crack the glass.

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
You don't stand on it and torque the heck out of it, just a tweek slightly past hand tight, I've done that with every tank i've owned set up like this, never an issue. If a person is one who strips nuts and bolts, and has little mechanical aptitude then it could be an issue.

Not saying cracking a tank is impossible, but I've never lost a tank that way. The tanks I've cracked in the past were always due to putting it on a little crooked, or stuck/tight o-rings

If anyone is still shopping for an Exo Eightvapes in Vegas has them for $19.99

Herrick

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2016
The chimney came apart on me once when taking off the top cap. I put a pair of needle nose pliers in the top fill holes and tightened the tank section nice and tight. I havn't had a problem with the top cap since.

Yeah this is what I need to do but I'm too lazy to dig through my messy toolbox for the pliers. Maybe I'll work my way up to it in a couple days.

Herrick

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2016
As close as possible to the side air flow & top half of the coil is raised above it

All right I'll try that out. I've had the coil centered this whole time.

Edit: I was watching around 21:40 of this video and it looks like I have my coil too far from that side airflow. Hopefully this will be an easy fix. It might require another coil build because the leads of the current coil are too short for me to move them. I won't have a chance to wrap a new coil until Sunday unfortunately.

Last edited:

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
Just got mine a few days ago, wasn't in a hurry for this tank, figured when I found a reasonable deal from a US shipper I'd grab it.

I'm going to add something I've not seen mentioned, which has a big potential to cause leaks, especially if your not meticulous in your building habits. Now this goes for mine, and probably most of them. the tolerances between the deck and chimney seem tighter then usual China atties, because of this you need to make sure you don't have ANY stray fibers outside of the build deck. It snags them rather easily, and when it does it tends to pull your wick slightly away from the deck. Something you may not even notice except for the leaking it will cause. I noticed it before I filled.

Not saying its anybody in specifics problem, just saying it is something I've noticed with mine. So if your having leaking issues take an extra bit of care and make sure your wicking media is well tucked into the deck to avoid snagging and a slight lift off the deck.

It may not even happen on the first fill, it might snag a stray after x number of fills, and make you question WTH...

Last edited:

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
I've had good luck using one of the coils that came with
it.

I always use 4mm coils with my EXO tanks.
I also have tried a 4.5mm Notch coil (I got when I bought my Merlin tank in the past) and it performs even better.

Anyone knows where can I buy a coil jig tool which allows me to build 4.5mm (or even bigger one like 5mm) coil?
I have been searching for weeks, but the biggest one I can find is 4mm coil builder...

Herrick

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2016
I've been getting decent flavor the last couple days by using Power Mode on my Therion 166. TC just doesn't cut it. Oh well.

The flavor is a lot better on the OBS Engine Nano but the liquid capacity and consumption of the EXO RTA is much better for me. I have to refill the Engine Nano every few hours it seems whereas the EXO RTA can last all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread