ECF Veteran
  • Dec 4, 2013
    Edmonton, AB, Canada

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Aromamizer Supreme 7ml is the best tank I have and that includes the Griffin 25 and Billow V3 Plus.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I have a Aromamizer Supreme and retired it because it was always damp around the AFC ring. The small Griffin failed for a similar reason. While I tried to like the Billow V1, it to got tossed into the retirement bin.

I have a few TFV4's in service and just wound up a TI-01 coil on one of them that I'll set aside for the Lux. The only drawbacks of the TFV4's is getting the wick "just right" so I'm not looking at major leaks while filling/using while not chocking the wicks juice flow.

I liked the JFC on the Griffin, maybe I'll try a 25mm.

CrayCrayRay

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 14, 2016
    Ohmega BFT, Ohmega Calypso, BFDFT, VCMT. All are 30mm in diameter

Personally, I'm rocking a dinky KF 5

f509480349733438985462982326031a.jpg

Some more attys

Tornado Nano
    ce22aeafcb614eb30b1dfcb8a011ea9a.jpg

aa909427ccbdfdfb7c0602fb1e2c531d.jpg

2e1d251b825426bac43953196d79bf64.jpg

Indie duo 30mm
    2cb28c9ffa5ce8f368977912efc2379a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I picked up a Griffin25 while out and about today. I'm testing it on my Boxer26650 right now.

EDIT

While the Griffin25 seems to be working ok it still is only 25mm so I went out searching some more. I ended up bringing home an Atlantis Mega. 30mm - short and FAT. Wound up a Ti coil in a 3rd party RBA and it is sitting on a Boxer while I test/vape a tank on it.

So last night I had a Lemo2, Atlantis Mega, ToptankMini and Griffin25 in use. As far as air flow goes the Griffin25, Lemo2, TTM and the Atlantis Mega was dead last. (the RBA deck on the TTM is larger and allows for more air flow than the 3rd party decks for the Atlantis)

If a single 26650 will last me all day and then some, here's hoping that the 2x Lux will last nearly twice as long!

I'll post some pic's when I get home tonight.

Last edited:

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Ok, mine just came in....not a big surprise this thing is a Monster!

Unpacked two branded and mostly charged batteries, very easy to install. I was up and running in TC-Ti mode fairly quickly. A few items I found are:
    • if you hold the up/down buttons you can lock the resistance
    • if you hold the down+fire buttons you can then change the temperature
    On the down side the up/down scrolling is kinda funky seemingly requiring more button presses than need be. Personally in TC mode I'd rather have the TEMPERATURE in BIG letters and the wattage in small text and equally have the UP/Down buttons by default control the temperature.

I've mounted the Griffin25 and AtlantisMega. The Mega needed a washer as the 510 pin is to long for the tank to sit flush.

Here's a crappy Cell phone shot:
    28244462603_211ddef119.jpg

This mod on weight is giving my P4U 7-22 a run for its money!

I like how the battery compartment just snaps together. Installation was a breeze. The top facing screen lets you look at it while vaping on the beast!

After trying a few puffs on the included batteries I put them on the charger and put in a fresh (new!) set of charged Basen Blacks.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Personally I don't see much difference between the modern Joytech (eLeaf, Wismec, Joytech), YiHi (P4U, Boxer, Yihi), Dicodes or this mod. None of them agree on the coil resistance. All but the IPV4S and Lux have TCR mode which allows me to use NiFe and other types of wire.

I built up two tanks (the Mega and Griffin25) with Ti special just for the Lux. (I do have a Lemo2 built with TI which used to live ontop of the IPV4S)

Then again I'm a fairly low power/energy vapor. I use the 26650's and dual 18650's for battery life and not power. I also tend to set the power levels according to the build. The Lux is pushing a whole whooping 20W at the Atlantis Mega. To compare I was driving it with 15J on a Boxer just the other day.

If your vaping style and typical settings highlight the differences between a DNA and YiHi chip, I'd suggest getting a DNA chipped device. My 'toodle puffing' builds and settings don't really push the regulation weaknesses of most chips.

The "Q" fits in the hand better and is much much lighter than the Lux.

No mention in the Lux manual what flavor of SS it supports. (not that I'd likely buy any of it) I suppose after playing with TI for a while I'll wind up a Ni200 coil. Seem to have plenty of that around from my early days of TC vaping.

Here's the IPV4S, Lux and Cuboid in a row:
    28826923186_ffe7df21c2.jpg

Reactions: mjag

Irene1991

Multiple ID Suspension
    May 4, 2016
    • Deleted by retired1
    • Reason: Multiple ID Company

CrayCrayRay

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 14, 2016
    I had a chance to hold one at a local shop. Nice mod but $80 nice.....hmmmm, just wasn't there for me. Going to wait for a sale or for the price to drop after it has been out for awhile.

How does the vape compare to your Yihi Q?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    I wish they would have cut 20$ and not added the batteries since I have plenty of good 26650's. They are excellent batteries though and excellent 26650 batteries cost around the 10$ mark per battery retail. I believe they added them because there are only a few decent 26650 batteries on the market and getting a good pair is more difficult than 18650's.

DavidAmonettNashville

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 2, 2014
    Nashville,Tn
    I wish they would have cut 20$ and not added the batteries since I have plenty of good 26650's. They are excellent batteries though and excellent 26650 batteries cost around the 10$ mark per battery retail. I believe they added them because there are only a few decent 26650 batteries on the market and getting a good pair is more difficult than 18650's.

Has anyone tested these 26650 batteries yet? Really interested in what they spec out at...

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    My two are sitting in a Opus charger. Internal resistance came out to 34 and 41.

I just set them on a 1a discharge test. I'll report what the mAH rating comes out to when the charger is done with the test.

EDIT: the Opus results are 4498 and 4586mAH.

I'd say these are 1/2 way decent batteries. I kinda liked that they were included. (I to already had some decent 26650's) Nice to have a pair that I'll only use in the Lux.

I just refilled the 5ml Atlantis Mega tank. The battery indicator on the Lux is down two bar's from full (5 more bars to go). Here's hoping its 2 bars for 5ml!

Last edited:

DavidAmonettNashville

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 2, 2014
    Nashville,Tn
    My two are sitting in a Opus charger. Internal resistance came out to 34 and 41.

I just set them on a 1a discharge test. I'll report what the mAH rating comes out to when the charger is done with the test.
    Thanks and I appreciate you taking the time to give us a cursory look...

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    Texas
    I got my iJoy Limitless Lux 215 Mod from Heaven Gifts a few days ago and so far have been very pleased. It's a fairly big mod, it's got some heft to it thanks to the dual 26650's, but it's not as heavy as I thought it would be. Despite the size, it feels really comfortable in the hand. I like the large fire button, I just wrap my hand around it and just squeeze to fire, I like that. The looks, fit and finish is really nice and all the edges are rounded and curved, it feels solidly built. The 510 connection is nice and sturdy, I like the little well around the connector too. I also got the wood print sleeve for it and it looks nice, wood grain on one side and transitions to a burl wood look on the other.

Buttons all feel solid, I'm not getting any rattle and I really like the screen on top. This is my first mod with a top screen and it's convenient, bright and easy to see while vaping. The screen is nice and flush and well sealed, no gaping for liquid to seep into. I've used it in TC mode with SS316L and NI200 and it seems to work well. I didn't have any issues using it in TC mode, but I've been using it in Power Mode with the hard boost the most.

The thing I've been the most impressed with is the battery life. iJoy claims the board operates at 95% efficiency and so far has been working very well. I also like it included two 26650 batteries, I don't know who makes the batteries for iJoy, but they do seem pretty good quality. I have to check out Mooch and see if he has any info on them. On one full charge, I vaped 35-36ml of juice, just ridiculous battery life! Well over 30ml on one charge is amazing, love that. I was using my Limitless Plus most of the time with a Kanthal Clapton build 0.22 ohms and vaping at 65watts using the hard boost. I can't get over the battery life on this thing.

lux5_zpsm9mkaxcg.jpg

Here's some more size comparisons
    RX200, Lux, VT133, SX Mini M and SMY SDNA75
    lux6_zpslscqh8t7.jpg

lux4_zpshiufckao.jpg
    lux3_zpsbiohl6zo.jpg

lux1_zpscviwkm4n.jpg

Gallant

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Dec 4, 2013
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Finally I have my hands on it
    I was the first to order it & last to receive thank to Customs Canada for holding my package for a long time waiting for health Canada to inspect, after a long wait health Canada inspected my package to find a mod in it with no liquid or nicotine in the package they said this should not been inspected by them however it should go to product safety for inspection long story short the package was released from customs few days ago & I received it on Friday Sep 2nd.
    My first impression so far I love the build quality very solid device & feels great in hand & works great in both power & temp.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread