IJoy Limitless LUX 215W Mod First look

Status
Not open for further replies.

eLicky

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2016
Sydney - Australia
Mine arrived today, I mainly bought it as well for 30mm RDA's. Overall I'm quite happy with the performance and package especially the included batteries however there are a few things which need to be noted. As one of the Australian reviewers has shown the up/down buttons are in reverse to the default screen orientation, basically backwards to any other mod.

Secondly is my main gripe, the fire button on mine is notorious for stopping mid-vape because its not sensitive enough. You'll find you need to actually apply slightly more pressure than just holding the button for the tank to fire, if you relax your finger at anytime it cuts off.

Its not an absolute deal breaker but for the price I paid $119 AUD its something I feel should have been right from the start and unintentional fault of the unit. I've owned $50 $60 mods that fire perfectly.

So its something to keep in mind, I've read some comments on utube their units are the same.

The battery life is awesome, I've been vaping at 40watts on 0.5coils and only lost one battery bar after 12 hours of vaping, I imagine even a heavy vaper will get 2-days thereabouts.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    - First issue: I just rotated the screen as I like looking over the tank and looking at it.
    - I must of got one of the early units with a nice and clicky fire button. It does require some effort to fire but not as much as my two Boxers (about 1/2 the effort).

This is the mod I took on a 3 day camping trip without any worry I might need backup batteries. :)

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    Texas
    I haven't tried the updates yet, but this is what they stated on their "News" page

The lux firmware ver1.1 description

1.Improved temperature control effect and calculation program, users can experience a better temperature control.

To protect atomizers being geting burned, so we set a limit in output wattage on TC modes. NI and TI modes, no more than 60W, SS mode no more than 80W.

2.Modified operation details, TC interface has changed into memory parameters set by the users.

3.When using TC atomizers, please press the up and down button at the same time in bright screen state to regulate the initial resistance after the atomizer completely cool down to achieve a better temperature control effect.

4.Other details of the protection parameters modified.

The lux firmware ver1.2 description

1, the output can be set to the maximum 215W, no limit in TC modes

2, output current amplified to 40 amps

3, When using the TC atomizers, when atomizers completely cooled, press plus and minus buttons together at bright screen mode to regulate atomizer initial resistance, to achieve better temperature control effect.

The lux firmware upgraded software released

Reactions: Gallant

Calvin Jason

Nov 22, 2016
    I will try that tonight thanks
    My LUX also has the same problems as yours. After updating to v1.2, my LUX battery power indicator are not working properly. When inserting 2 fully charged battery, it doesn't show full battery status. Sometimes when my battery has only half the capacity left, my mod cannot fire due to "Low Battery". I even tried to upgrade it again to V 1.2, but the problems still occurs. Even the V 1.1 also are not solving the problems.

Reactions: Super Flex

Super Flex

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 25, 2015
    Tuscaloosa al
    My LUX also has the same problems as yours. After updating to v1.2, my LUX battery power indicator are not working properly. When inserting 2 fully charged battery, it doesn't show full battery status. Sometimes when my battery has only half the capacity left, my mod cannot fire due to "Low Battery". I even tried to upgrade it again to V 1.2, but the problems still occurs. Even the V 1.1 also are not solving the problems.

Any solutions on how to solve Limitless LUX battery power indicator not working properly after updating the firmware?

I tried to update mine twice to no avail, i will keep trying because I do like the Lux just hate that this happend.

Super Flex

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 25, 2015
    Tuscaloosa al
    To eliminate the doubt that you have a corrupt download I suggest that you download the firmware file again & try to upgrade again if you still run into issues contact
    Never thought of that i will try this, I love the LUX very smooth vape i will try this thanks again..

I was going to contact Ijoy monday, not mad mind you because i don't know if user error some how did this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread