Ijoy limitless screw size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLM

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2015
NE Ohio. USA
Sorry to bump this but both sizes I listed are wrong for the Limitless Plus.
Did you get the correct screws for the original?
I believe the plus has m3 screws. I hate the ones on the side to I used the backup top screws in their place. Much better.

No worries!

Mine isn't a Plus, just a regular one. The screws are sitting in customs right now. Probably won't get them delivered by Saturday and I had them sent to work and I'm off next week. Maybe I'll go get them if they get there.

whiteowl84

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2016
The plus (I'm sure you've seen it) comes with 2 big headed philips screws in the top (fine) and 2 philips set screws in the sides (not fine for big wire).
I couldn't get enough tension on the sides. Second build I made some clapton right before bed, got it coiled and installed and while I was straightening them the side screws gave up so I jacked the coil all up. So now I'm 30 minutes behind when I need to be in bed trying to make more clapton.
That's when I decided that would never happen again so I used the backup top screws in the sides. No problems since.
I have no idea why they didn't use the same screws in every hole. They aren't even close to touching anything.

Reactions: SLM

SLM

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2015
NE Ohio. USA
The plus (I'm sure you've seen it) comes with 2 big headed philips screws in the top (fine) and 2 philips set screws in the sides (not fine for big wire).
I couldn't get enough tension on the sides. Second build I made some clapton right before bed, got it coiled and installed and while I was straightening them the side screws gave up so I jacked the coil all up. So now I'm 30 minutes behind when I need to be in bed trying to make more clapton.
That's when I decided that would never happen again so I used the backup top screws in the sides. No problems since.
I have no idea why they didn't use the same screws in every hole. They aren't even close to touching anything.
Yea, I saw that. I kinda wondered why they used what look like pretty nice screws on the top holes and dinky ones on the sides. Good to know the screws are the same size! Thanks!

I'm sure I'll end up with a Plus sometime fairly soon. I did like the original. I was kinda bummed when I broke it last night.

whiteowl84

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2016
It's the same deck with the same screw size. They just chose to use impossible to tighten screws on the velocity deck. Be careful if you're a builder...
6632d769a905ee7ec421540b436bc569.jpg

They chose to use a plastic insulator which could have really gotten me hurt.

Sent from my E5306 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread