Ijoy Maxo Zenith Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

N_vj5497

May 19, 2017
Hi, this is my first post here, although ive read threads here and elsewhere many times. I usually dont do the forum/blog stuff, but ive been pushed by heartbreak and failure. I recently bought the Ijoy Maxo Zenith from FT, and it works great, i love it. Until this morning. I was puffing iton my break at work, i handed it to my friend who is considering dropping cigs for a vape, and he hit it. Everythings ok. Then he goes to hit it a 2nd time and the lights flash and it turns off. Ok, i take it and click it 5 times to turn it back on. Only it doesnt come on. He didnt do anything, i was litteraly watching as it happened. Ive taken it apart and cleaned the juice out of the button, around the board, etc. But it still wont come on. The lights briefly flash green once when i put the batteries in, but it wont do anything other than that. (the lights are supposed to flash green 5 times on battery insertion, and the single blink is far shorter than one normal flash) Does anyone have any idea as to what may be going on? Im desperate, im in love with this one, its my favorite mod ive ever touched. Im no novice, but i cant spot any bad wires, the terminals are clean, the board looks fine to the eye, the button is clicky and making contact. Its not my batteries theyre near new HG2s and they work in my other mods still. None of the safety features went off, the lights are supposed to flash red 3, 5, or 10 times if so. I have dropped it once, but that was a month ago? And barely a 1' fall? Its worked fine until now. The warranty isnt out yet, but fasttech is sooo slow, if i can fix it my self, i want too. Ive always fixed my vapes myself. I had a smok X Cube 2 that did the same thing, but i got a new mod shortly after and never bothered to fix it. Ive read so many things on here that have heloed me before, im hoping someone can help me now.
I repeat, Im desperate, im in love with this one, its my favorite mod ive ever touched!!!
Sorry for the long post btw..

N_vj5497

May 19, 2017
Yes i did actually, but you may be hesitant to try it.
However, this is the 2nd mod i have fixed like this.
I took out the battery sled and seperated the contacts from it (make absolutley sure you put them back how they were when you're done) then rinse it out well with 90%+ iso alcohol to wash away every bit of juice. I used a 10 ml syringe so i could lightly pressure wash it, making sure to get behind the board too (which is easier to do if you remove the side vent plates and shoot it sideways in there)
Wipe any dirty contacts gently a few times with a qtip wetted with the iso.
Then here comes the scary part..
Put it in the oven on as low as possible for 5-10 mins to evaporate the alcohol so it doesnt sit on the glue, and to shrink the wire wraps alittle around any weak connections. I noticed in the first place the wraps were definitely a little loose on the wires.
Do this AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.
This most definitely will void your warranty from ijoy or fasttech, they both say any maintenance/alteration/work-in-general on your mod that is not done by IJOY voids your warranty. However using any atty not made by IJOY also voids the warranty sooo... But how would theu know what tops you put on? Also i didnt see any water damage markers or any differnce at all before and after color or shape wise.
In the end its up to you to decide what to do.
I swear it worked (twice now for me)
Im actually hitting it as i type this.
Not so much as a single malfuction since.
Just dont forget about it in there, and make sure to remove the battery sled so it doesnt warp.

Reactions: thetrucker

N_vj5497

May 19, 2017
Dont call me crazy either, the vape shop guys did that and said noone should ever do that blah blah blah, we know everything there is to know. But then again theyve busted quite a few mods and tell me they always just get another. Ive yet to truly lose a mod, and i do all sorts of tinkering.
If you think its crazy then dont do it. If you're likely to forget that its in the oven, dont do it. If you dont think you can remember how the contacts go back in, write it down, map it out, snap a pic, or just dont do it. If youve lost all hope and want it working again, do it (;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread