Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    I don't normally do reviews because, well, frankly many others are much better at it than I am. I felt like I needed to though in this case. So first, the disclaimer. I did not buy this device, it was a contest win from Heaven Gifts.

For those that aren't familiar with the iJoy RDTA Box Mini, here is a brief rundown and a couple pictures. First, while having nothing to do with the device itself, this really ticks me off...
    15yyiic.jpg

How can a hunk of metal, plastic, and silicone be required to carry this warning? The FDA really needs to get their heads out of their, ummm, well, y'all know what I was going to say. OK, onto the real review.

2qtz37s.jpg

This is the RDTA Box Mini. It is a TC capable mod, with a 100w max wattage. It comes with an RDTA with preinstalled coils at .25 ohms, and also a velocity style build deck. Those familiar with iJoy RDTAs like the Limitless, etc, will notice the atomizer has a familiar look.

If you are not familiar with this device, you may be thinking "Wait, you said RDTA, that looks like an RDA, an RDTA has a tank, where is it?" There is in fact a "removable" tank that holds 6ml in the top of the mod. I'll touch on that later.

I have had this for a week, and have put close to 30ml of juice through it, which is quite a bit for me from a single setup, since I usually swap between 3 or 4 setups each day, averaging around 8ml per day from them combined. So this one device pretty much took over this week. Guess you could say I love it! Great flavor, though I have to run the preinstalled coils around 50w, which is a slight negative in my book. Why? This device has a built in 2600mAh LiPo battery. For me, personally, that's an extremely high wattage when the battery can't be swapped. I think they should send it with something closer to .5 ohm personally.

As far as other features go...I can't speak for the TC, as I haven't tried it. It also has updateable firmware for those that worry about that. And it has a configurable "intensity" setting, that allows you to alter the power output at the beginning of the vape. Probably most useful if you are using a coil that ramps up slowly. It also has a standard 510 unlike the larger RDTA Box so you can use any atomizer you'd like, though you should probably empty the tank first if you have been using it.

So, all in all I love this device, and I really almost want another. Why only almost? Well, here are the negatives, from my point of view. First, the "removable" tank, which I keep putting in quotes, is not really easily removable. It requires a torx driver, which is not included, to remove. Second, the LiPo battery. Not a big deal to some, but for me it is likely to keep me from buying another. If there was a single 18650 version that was otherwise identical, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Otherwise this is a fantastic all-in-one RDTA setup in my opinion.

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 29, 2014
    Houston, TX, USA
    Nice review, Brother! And I absolutely agree with you about the nic warning... it ain't built into the plastic! As for the mod, I can see the love... all in one, compact and capable. But I'm with ya on the built in battery... as a contest win, it's a great score... not sure that I'd spend the cash on it, though.

:thumbs::toast: Awesome review, thought!! Great job!!

Reactions: Sir Kadly
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread