IJOY Tornado Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
Have to agree with the IJoy cheap construction. I am really not impressed with the quality of their manufacturing. I think I will just leave their products alone.

Just got the Merlin Mini and it is great for a single coil. The only drawback is the 2ml size tank. But filling it is super easy so I can live with it at my desk. The flavor is outstanding. Top quality on the materials and threading.
View attachment 623829
Hey looks great bud,I see you're rocking the minikin v2 as well,I got a black one cause I didn't want a finger print magnet lol,going to get a chocolate one soon,I love that rubber coating on them,I have my eye on the sence tank that just came out,the blazer I think it's called,it's a sub ohm but they will be having an rba base for it as well,it as one of the best filling methods I've seen on tanks to date,mike vapes did a review for it,thanks for the update bud ;-)

Reactions: Eskie

TheBMP

Jan 6, 2016
as i said before i still love my nano. my biggest problem with it is actually getting the deck out of the chamber sometimes...

still for its price its just an awesome performing tank. great flavor, great vapor production and 4ml in such a little thing still makes it my no2 tank next to my engine. esp on my alien box its such a nice little setup and the engine seems to have a tendency of scratching my mods...

but reading the first impressions here it seems like its not really worth getting the hero. hope they will do something like a nano v2 or something with just slight tweaks.

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
Hey looks great bud,I see you're rocking the minikin v2 as well,I got a black one cause I didn't want a finger print magnet lol,going to get a chocolate one soon,I love that rubber coating on them,I have my eye on the sence tank that just came out,the blazer I think it's called,it's a sub ohm but they will be having an rba base for it as well,it as one of the best filling methods I've seen on tanks to date,mike vapes did a review for it,thanks for the update bud ;-)

Yeah, I am enjoying the Minikin v2. I got the raw so I could just let the fingerprints shine! LOL. I'm actually going to put a "brushed" finish on it with some steel wool. A little tiny bit of texture. I like it so much I will be ordering the black one. I love the "Curve" setting on the Minikin2. Works really well.
Just ordered the Praxis Banshee 150w TC for $42 off FT. Looking forward to that arriving in about 2 weeks.

If the Blazer has a RBA deck I will check it out. I just don't use the pre-made sub ohm coils. I rewick every 2nd day due to the NET tobacco DIY juice I vape. It is worth it for the great flavor I get.

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
I have been wicking it this way. No leaking, no dry hits. But the flavor is just "meh". I get much better flavor from a host of other tanks. Even with top airflow, the OBS Engine has a richer flavor. So does the Boreas, Merlin, Merlin Mini, Mage, as well as the Tornado Nano. I realize flavor is a bit subjective, but not totally.

I will give it another try with the coils they included and see if there is some difference in performance.

Last edited:

Gallant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Dec 4, 2013
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    I will give it another try with the coils they included and see if there is some difference in performance.
    Let us know I'm keeping my eyes on the thread
    Have not received mine yet since I pre order it with G320 marshal, the hero is in stock but the marshal is not I'm assuming they wont ship till they have the marshal.

Reactions: franck

franck

ECF Veteran
    May 8, 2015
    California,USA
    Let us know I'm keeping my eyes on the thread
    Have not received mine yet since I pre order it with G320 marshal, the hero is in stock but the marshal is not I'm assuming they wont ship till they have the marshal.
    I wick my hero in that exact same manner as well,but as dp as stated flavor is just not there,I don't think builds of different sorts will help this tank in that department as its a very very airy tank that just produces good vapor but alas that's it,filling it is kinda of a pain as well,it's not as practical as the obs engine or crius as it threads on,so what happens is you have to push down on the top cap to get the threads to catch and that forces juice out of the bottom deck,it goes away but it's annoying to always have to wipe it dry,am sorry to say that I regret my purchase of the hero:-( as it as the cons out weigh the pros..

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    I wick my hero in that exact same manner as well,but as dp as stated flavor is just not there,I don't think builds of different sorts will help this tank in that department as its a very very airy tank that just produces good vapor but alas that's it,filling it is kinda of a pain as well,it's not as practical as the obs engine or crius as it threads on,so what happens is you have to push down on the top cap to get the threads to catch and that forces juice out of the bottom deck,it goes away but it's annoying to always have to wipe it dry,am sorry to say that I regret my purchase of the hero:-( as it as the cons out weigh the pros..

Sorry you're stuck with it, but I'm glad I took a pass on this one. One thing I'm pleased about is after stocking up in light of new US regulations, I don't feel the need to just grab for the sake of stashing away, and my purchases are directed at stuff I would really like. This doesn't seem to be one of them.

Reactions: Gallant

franck

ECF Veteran
    May 8, 2015
    California,USA
    Sorry you're stuck with it, but I'm glad I took a pass on this one. One thing I'm pleased about is after stocking up in light of new US regulations, I don't feel the need to just grab for the sake of stashing away, and my purchases are directed at stuff I would really like. This doesn't seem to be one of them.
    Eskie I do not buy vape gear for the sake of stashing away lol,I purchased it because I liked the looks of and thought it would perform better then it does,sometimes no matter how many reviews you watch and how many praises an item might get does not guarantee that it will live up to your expectations,alas for me this is one of them,let me take the time to wish you a happy 2017 ;-)

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    And a Happy New Year to you as well! I did not mean to infer your selection was in any way driven by anything other than the desire to find items you would enjoy. Rather, it was my unfortunate situation to find myself building out a vape "collection" with a thought to not only what would I have access to, but what would I purchase that would last a long time should I find myself unable to replace a failed item in the future. I did find myself buying some items I would have preferred to hear more about before committing to them.

Given my enjoyment of their Tornado nano, I would have bought this tank without much thought as the nano has worked well for me (outside of the usual top cap complaints). It's unfortunate they couldn't continue in a successful fashion, but I guess they're not the first vape company to experience that issue.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
    Jan 6, 2016
    I picked this guy up and all though I dont think the flavor is horrible the chamber is just too big for that nice flavor Atty rich flavor. You can cheat with this RTA and by pass that a bit by using some large advanced coils and high wattage which is what I have done. I am using some tri core staggered Clapton's 3.5mm id ohming out to .16 and running it at 90w with the airflow about %45 open. Its funny though as I'm getting decent flavor but not enjoying the insane amounts of vapor I'm vomiting out. My whole vaping style has changed and I really find myself drawn to lower wattage higher resistance single coil atomizers with reduced chamber space. The last dual coil bottom airflow atomizer I got that I enjoy is the billow v2.5. Its all subjective though as I actually enjoy the juice fill on this one.

hoosierhickvape

Jul 17, 2015
    Middlebury, IN
    I have not pulled the trigger on the Ammit. I'm reading some mixed reviews. Since I use 70-80 VG I'm afraid it won't wick well with the tight fit of the glass and chamber.
    Same here. I was very interested in the ammit. Here's my thought. Had geekvape made it a 25mm tank insteadof a 22mm, but left the chamber/deck as is, it would have given more room for those bubbles to rise out of the way for more efficient wicking.

Reactions: DP2Raja

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 31, 2012
    New Mexico
    Same here. I was very interested in the ammit. Here's my thought. Had geekvape made it a 25mm tank insteadof a 22mm, but left the chamber/deck as is, it would have given more room for those bubbles to rise out of the way for more efficient wicking.

They are showing a 24-25mm version of the Ammit on their FB page (future release). Hope they keep the chamber about what it is on the 22mm and give us that bubble room!

mimöschen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 15, 2016
    My Tornado Hero arrived yesterday and all in all, I think it's a really good RTA.

I like the sidefillport, although the one on the OBS Engine is better. But it works really well.
    Building on it is really easy. From the start, I had no problems with leaking or dryhits. I first used the provided Aliencoils, which came out at 0,17 ohms, and the precut cottonstrips, but replaced them with 26/32 Claptons at 0,4 ohms later. But I spaced them out, so that they fit over the airflowtubes.
    Flavour and cloudproduction is really good. Is it the best flavour I've ever had?
    No. But for an RTA it performs really well and I think it is on par with my Engine.

The only real con on this tank is, that if you close the airflow, it gets really noisy. But I prefer my tanks wide open anyway.

jeanyang2017

Multiple ID Suspension
    Jun 7, 2017
    • Deleted by retired1
    • Reason: Multiple ID Company
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread