iJoy vs. Limitless beef?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadVLN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2016
Central WA State
the Limitless/iJoy collaboration released some of my favorite gear of 2016. but it seems things have gone awry. looks like both companies are pointing fingers. this could get ugly.

ly9YW2I.jpg

VL7MHeJ.png
ZZD9agq.png

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
You beat me @MadVLN :) Looks like they may have ripped this one off: IJOY COMBO RDTA TANK

Not sure if ijoy could come up with those amazing deck configurations on their own. That said, and it sucks for Limitless if they did design this RDTA combo because it sounds awesome, I will be picking up one of these.

Reactions: MadVLN

MadVLN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2016
Central WA State
The different clamp styles are what really interest me. I don't have a Goon yet and I was hoping more companies would pick up this post setup after seeing Rip's Pharoah RDA.

yah, i think it's great that those decks are available for big builders. but for me, basic claptons are as big as i go, so i don't really have a need for the different clamp styles. i do think it's great that they have the options available to try out new styles without having to buy a whole new atomizer and just the optional deck. very versatile.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
the new iJoy Combo RDTA/RDA is the item that supposedly stirred the pot. looks basically like a Limitless Plus RDTA with interchangeable decks and can convert into an RDA

5971695e71.jpg

Lots of tanks look like others. This seems more like a ripoff of the new Aspire Flex, with RDA, RDTA options, so others are doing similar products. The wording on iJoy's site is done very carefully to talk about limitless without saying it's a Limitless design. Not saying Limitless doesn't have a real issue here, but it might not be as clear cut as that tweet makes it sound.

it's pretty crazy how social media between two parties can blow up without having to set up a news conference or calling up the National Enquirer for an interview

The power of FB and Twitter. Whoever thought we might elect someone President based on a tweet?:D

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Well, having followed the trend with Limitless and the RDTA`s for a few months now, I would tend to think I-joy IS, absolutely IS, selling out the back door grey market items consequently squashing a lot of business Limitless would have gotten from the deal.

But then again, they made a deal with the devil, kinda had to see that coming if they had known what they were dealing with.

MadVLN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2016
Central WA State
Lots of tanks look like others. This seems more like a ripoff of the new Aspire Flex, with RDA, RDTA options, so others are doing similar products. The wording on iJoy's site is done very carefully to talk about limitless without saying it's a Limitless design. Not saying Limitless doesn't have a real issue here, but it might not be as clear cut as that tweet makes it sound.

The power of FB and Twitter. Whoever thought we might elect someone President based on a tweet?:D

have you used a Limitless RDTA or Limitless+ RDTA? it's pretty much exactly like those , but the deck unscrews. there are lots of genny style attys out there, but none are this similar. seems like lots of these collaborations go sour. it happened with wismec first using Evolv DNA boards in the Realeaux, but then releasing the cheaper version shortly after. happened with the Praxis Decimus. china released an unauthorized v1.5 that had temp control. and with Asmosdus vs Sigelei after the initial snow wolf. can't we all just get along?

but you're probably right. there's probably a lot going on behind the scenes that we don't know about.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
have you used a Limitless RDTA or Limitless+ RDTA? it's pretty much exactly like those , but the deck unscrews. there are lots of genny style attys out there, but none are this similar. seems like lots of these collaborations go sour. it happened with wismec first using Evolv DNA boards in the Realeaux, but then releasing the cheaper version shortly after. happened with the Praxis Decimus. china released an unauthorized v1.5 that had temp control. and with Asmosdus vs Sigelei after the initial snow wolf. can't we all just get along?

but you're probably right. there's probably a lot going on behind the scenes that we don't know about.

I have a Limitless+ and yes, it sure does look familiar. Although only one of those offered decks is the same (a Velocity deck is a Velocity deck). Those several other options are interesting, especially for specialty coils in the RDA.

I'm not suggesting iJoy hasn't taken advantage of Limitless. Yes, they probably did. But if Limitless was working with iJoy on multiple products, didn't they bother to have some sort of intellectual property agreement to protect themselves before sitting down and reviewing designs with iJoy?

It reminds me of Beats. Beats by Dr Dre was originally developed and manufactured through Monster Cable. Even though Monster Cable reportedly contributed to the design of the headphones, Beats held the IP rights. Beats eventually decided to move manufacturing to another company (HTC) and left Monster Cable standing around holding, well, a cable. Beats eventually moved on from HTC, although without as much drama, before eventually being bought by Apple for x billions (forgot the exact number). Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine made out real well from that deal, and while I do believe their very clever marketing established the value of the brand, neither Dre or Iovine were electrical engineers capable of creating the guts of the headphone. Monster did that, but were so enamored of working with Dre and Iovine they never pushed for a binding contract regarding property rights.

Unfortunately, this is what can happen when creative collaborations are made but the business relationship is poorly defined. I hope Limitless can work something out, but if not, I hope they are able to collaborate with another manufacturer for new products with better protections in place. Assuming, of course, that with all the new regulations both in the US and Europe, they have some way of even bringing new products to market.

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
vapor hub / Limitless released this statement on their page.
IJOY Combo RDTA - Vapor Hub
That is funny. I didn't catch the "Developed by USA and Manufactured by iJoy" at the bottom there. I didn't know we, as a country, developed this RDTA:confused: Blatant ripoff.
And I wonder if LMC is just saying that it has flaws as a scare tactic. I might just wait to see the "true" LMC version before pressing the buy button. Hopefully they will change the gd awful logos. I favor their bandana styling. It would be really sweet to see the skull w/ Indian headdress logo on there:thumbs:!

MadVLN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2016
Central WA State
That is funny. I didn't catch the "Developed by USA and Manufactured by iJoy" at the bottom there. I didn't know we, as a country, developed this RDTA:confused: Blatant ripoff.
And I wonder if LMC is just saying that it has flaws as a scare tactic. I might just wait to see the "true" LMC version before pressing the buy button. Hopefully they will change the gd awful logos. I favor their bandana styling. It would be really sweet to see the skull w/ Indian headdress logo on there:thumbs:!

not sure if serious. :2cool: lol. if limitless puts one out on their own, it will be $100+.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Intellectual property rights and China, egads man.

Simple fact is communism (I hope thats not a banned word), is communism. When you are dealing with china, you are`nt dealing with a sole individual that is concerned with his company and cares about its success. You are dealing with a iron fist dictator that will fire or shot a non preforming employee or company. When you work for such a system, you don`t give a .... about being good in your field, you care about going home at night and you`ll do whatever it takes to keep the product flowing, integrity be damned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread