Status
Not open for further replies.

leekeylee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Hull, UK
Hi All,

I have just purchaed the iJust 2 tank from a local B & M store and I must say I am very impressed. Used to use the Kanger Subtank Mini which I like but have found the iJust 2 has better flavour and holds more juice, which is needed as the stock 0.3ohm coil is drinking the juice running at 38w on my iStick 50.

Looking at the stock coils they are parallel vertical coils which looks easy enough to re-build when this one has given up the ghost.

Any one else built a parallel vertical coil for these heads? any tips, would like to get to the .03 ohm range so I am thinking of 3 wraps (In parallel 2 wires) of 26g nichrome 80. should get me there. Any thoughts peeps.

Cheers

OhmzRaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2015
Hi All,

I have just purchaed the iJust 2 tank from a local B & M store and I must say I am very impressed. Used to use the Kanger Subtank Mini which I like but have found the iJust 2 has better flavour and holds more juice, which is needed as the stock 0.3ohm coil is drinking the juice running at 38w on my iStick 50.

Looking at the stock coils they are parallel vertical coils which looks easy enough to re-build when this one has given up the ghost.

Any one else built a parallel vertical coil for these heads? any tips, would like to get to the .03 ohm range so I am thinking of 3 wraps (In parallel 2 wires) of 26g nichrome 80. should get me there. Any thoughts peeps.

Cheers
Use http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp enter your wire gauge, ID target resistance and it will tell you how many wraps etc.

leekeylee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Hull, UK
Just thought I would post an update on re-building the stock coil on the iJust 2 tank.

I used 26 gauge Nichrome 80 with the 3.5mm rod with my coil master in parallel (two strands together) 5 and a half wraps as It needs to be vertical coil. Using the coil master it was a perfect contact coil.

Bang on the money 0.3 ohm according to my iStick 50w wrapped Muji cotton around the coil and inserted in to the cup.

Works just as good if not slightly better than the stock coil which was very good to start with.

When I next do a re-build I will post some pics on the build.

Loving the tank it is a great draw without the stupid plastic airflow ring plenty of air flow, running 38w on my iStick 50 and drinking the juice as it taste really good.

OhmzRaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2015
Just thought I would post an update on re-building the stock coil on the iJust 2 tank.

I used 26 gauge Nichrome 80 with the 3.5mm rod with my coil master in parallel (two strands together) 5 and a half wraps as It needs to be vertical coil. Using the coil master it was a perfect contact coil.

Bang on the money 0.3 ohm according to my iStick 50w wrapped Muji cotton around the coil and inserted in to the cup.

Works just as good if not slightly better than the stock coil which was very good to start with.

When I next do a re-build I will post some pics on the build.

Loving the tank it is a great draw without the stupid plastic airflow ring plenty of air flow, running 38w on my iStick 50 and drinking the juice as it taste really good.
Looking forward to seeing the build pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread