IkenVape Help Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Have a question and don't want the hassle of using emails?
Here is a central location for any questions e-cig/mod/battery and/or ordering Questions & Answers!

Look at it as a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) for your convenience. Answers to any questions will try to be executed as soon as possible by an IkenVape rep or Experienced Member. :D For efficiency this thread will be stickied, meaning it will always be near the top of the IkenVape sub-forum. So Fire away!

Electricnut

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
East Central Ohio
The button on my Chameleon started misfiring the other day until it wasn't working at all. I unscrewed one of the end pieces and squirted water through it with a squeeze bulb. Blew the water out. Works perfect again, as it always did. Maybe some juice or dirt got in it.

Don't know if it was the right thing to do but it worked. Would you recommend this, or not?

After about 10 hits with my new Chameleon the buttons stuck and melted the mouthpiece. Yikes. About every fourth push it would stick. Did the same water trick and it works perfect now. Maybe was some debris in it from manufacture or something.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
The button on my Chameleon started misfiring the other day until it wasn't working at all. I unscrewed one of the end pieces and squirted water through it with a squeeze bulb. Blew the water out. Works perfect again, as it always did. Maybe some juice or dirt got in it.

Don't know if it was the right thing to do but it worked. Would you recommend this, or not?

After about 10 hits with my new Chameleon the buttons stuck and melted the mouthpiece. Yikes. About every fourth push it would stick. Did the same water trick and it works perfect now. Maybe was some debris in it from manufacture or something.

Ahh? You nut! lol I honestly do not know if that was the safest thing to do! The button sector does not have any wiring in it. It's all based on contact but still! Tonight I'll preform water-tests on it, but as it stands, I would be against it. That's great and wonderful that it worked, but still. I'm a little scared of the concept. It very well could've been due to left over debris from the manufacture and there was a little build up of sorts, that I somehow missed.
29eaf885.jpg
Excluding removal tool #1.

Electricnut

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
East Central Ohio
It worked perfect for about 10 hits, then started sticking. Thanks for checking the water treatment. I just was going nuts, ha, thinking I might have to give up my Chameleons, and now I don't have to. Honestly they are both working perfect. I should have asked you first if there was anything I could do myself.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
It worked perfect for about 10 hits, then started sticking. Thanks for checking the water treatment. I just was going nuts, ha, thinking I might have to give up my Chameleons, and now I don't have to. Honestly they are both working perfect. I should have asked you first if there was anything I could do myself.

Haha That has to be cool to say! You sound as if your talking about your pets! I'm glad that your Chameleons are healthy, but please make sure to feed them every once and a while and come to me first about out of the blue treatments! lol If you need any kind of replacements, I'm always here for ya Nut!

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
You actually have to unscrew the bolts on each side. By looking at the sector is it easy to determine which side is removable. Then screw the unit back on to the housing for leverage. Then you slide a narrow enough screwdriver into the hole, just underneath the lip and pop open like a soda bottle. It will come right out much easier. I recommend doing this to both of your units for reference on what goes where. Just remove the components (if need be) out of one of the sectors, not both. You'll see that it's not really all that complicated as it seems.

The adapter, a cotton swap with some alcohol will do you some fine justice;)

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
I may try it if I need to but right now they are working perfect. Good idea on the alcohol.
Thank you! and good idea on your half, "Don't fix it, if it's not broken' hehe
How are you getting the pin to pop out. Maybe my hands aren't strong enough. I worked up a blister trying to hold the adapter and push the pin out. Got it 1/2ml but no more.

Aww Tina! I just found something hard but yet soft, held tightly on the adapter (first time with alligator clips) and pushed right through. It was a breeze. I'm sorry your having trouble, would you like to send a few this way for me to unloosen? Dried liquid can make it difficult or helpfule! Try running some hot water on em!

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
No apologies for anything Cos, it's good to see you :)
This thread is for all types of help in any department.
I don't have them anymore but I'll be more than happy to point you in the right direction. Skinomi TechSkin - Gadget and Cell Phone Screen Protectors, Skins, Cases, Shields, Covers They're located right in California and their e-mail and phone number is Tel: (562) 692-9013
customerservice@skinomi.com
They are Great wonderful people and very easy and flexible to talk to. You can get any protective shield made, all you need is to send them dimensions or better yet a sample. I was dealing with GG, due to the 'manufacturing' process, nothing was evenly made. So if your looking to get that job done, they already have the template, But it's Not going to be accurate. If you need any further info, just shoot. :D

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
Hey everyone!! Guess what came in today!!! That's right... our Chameleons, extension sleeves, & our Chameleon USB pass-throughs! We are going to be testing everything and getting pictures of the new usb pass-through soon... maybe even a little video...

7 hours later and the Chameleons are all sold out again already? 8-o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread