IkenVape Help Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Any update as to when cartos will be in stock? It's been around 2 months!
Haha yes the difficulties of OEM stuff. It does take more time than ordering from a factory outright. While the Notros are in production I was focussing on reviving the Platinum series. The Nitros are in bound though!
Are there any official stockists in the UK for Ikenvape cartos, or failing that any in Europe? or failing that, what's the easiest way for me to get my sticky paws on some as several people have recommended them to me now and i feel i am missing out as i use carto tanks for 90% of my vaping.

Cheers.
Ah we used to know a great guy across the pond, but he ended up taking a break. We do have 1st class shipping to you guys available. :)
If the FDA does strike hard, you might be able to obtain our products far easier! :laugh:

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
Haha yes the difficulties of OEM stuff. It does take more time than ordering from a factory outright. While the Notros are in production I was focussing on reviving the Platinum series. The Nitros are in bound though!
Ah we used to know a great guy across the pond, but he ended up taking a break. We do have 1st class shipping to you guys available. :)
If the FDA does strike hard, you might be able to obtain our products far easier! :laugh:

Thanks for the quick reply... I'll just have to keep an eye on your website and bang an order in for a decent batch of them when they are available. I've been using smok cartos around 1.5 - 2.0 45mm pre-punched, which ikenvape cartos would you recommend? (I was looking at the 510 mega platinum LR punch v2)

As for the FDA, we have our own draconian idiots authorities over here trying to ban/regulate anything e-cig related they can think of so you may need to break China ;)

edit: actually, scrub my question about which one, i just ordered 25 of the 510 mega nitro punch :)

Last edited:

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Thanks for the quick reply... I'll just have to keep an eye on your website and bang an order in for a decent batch of them when they are available. I've been using smok cartos around 1.5 - 2.0 45mm pre-punched, which ikenvape cartos would you recommend? (I was looking at the 510 mega platinum LR punch v2)

As for the FDA, we have our own draconian idiots authorities over here trying to ban/regulate anything e-cig related they can think of so you may need to break China ;)

edit: actually, scrub my question about which one, i just ordered 25 of the 510 mega nitro punch :)
I have been trying..to break it. Machinists here are proving to be more difficult lately. A few years ago, I ventured out to a total of 10+ of them for a device only to be ripped off by a couple. For the current project of doing cartomizers it has become worse. Though OI'm not giving up. Back then, it came down to a 20,000 start up and we couldn't cover it. Then Provape put up a digital image of something close to my design and took in pre-orders which extended up to the 40,000 mark. That is a lesson well learned!

I'm still working on the Platinums to fix the issue but once we get there, for a recommendation I would ask what is your preference on feel, draw flavor etc but for the moment we're kind of limited to the Nitro line. Which has a medium draw, strong feel and decent flavor. The fillerless model is more airier in terms of draw but focuses more on the flavor aspect.
Thanks for the reply Brother Isaac

Of course brotherman, I'm really sorry for the delays. It sucks to be out of products. Maybe we should get into the factory standard products :laugh:

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
I have been trying..to break it. Machinists here are proving to be more difficult lately. A few years ago, I ventured out to a total of 10+ of them for a device only to be ripped off by a couple. For the current project of doing cartomizers it has become worse. Though OI'm not giving up. Back then, it came down to a 20,000 start up and we couldn't cover it. Then Provape put up a digital image of something close to my design and took in pre-orders which extended up to the 40,000 mark. That is a lesson well learned!

I'm still working on the Platinums to fix the issue but once we get there, for a recommendation I would ask what is your preference on feel, draw flavor etc but for the moment we're kind of limited to the Nitro line. Which has a medium draw, strong feel and decent flavor. The fillerless model is more airier in terms of draw but focuses more on the flavor aspect.

20,000 units sounds like a hell of a lot for a start-up! That would scare me off!

As far as preferred draw / flavour, etc then it's hard to say. I find something like the protank 3 to be overly tight on the draw, but i am probably more inclined to go with a tight draw over too airy so somewhere in the middle is spot on for me. Flavour preferences depend very much on the juice, but generally the more flavour the better. I ordered the Nitros DCTs at 2.0ohms as that's probably the closest to what i have been used to with the smoks. Looking forward to them arriving and giving them a go though. Even though i use a KFL and a Sophia i still use carto tanks more regularly than anything else.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
20,000 units sounds like a hell of a lot for a start-up! That would scare me off!

As far as preferred draw / flavour, etc then it's hard to say. I find something like the protank 3 to be overly tight on the draw, but i am probably more inclined to go with a tight draw over too airy so somewhere in the middle is spot on for me. Flavour preferences depend very much on the juice, but generally the more flavour the better. I ordered the Nitros DCTs at 2.0ohms as that's probably the closest to what i have been used to with the smoks. Looking forward to them arriving and giving them a go though. Even though i use a KFL and a Sophia i still use carto tanks more regularly than anything else.
ok great, by the sounds of it, the Nitro may be your golden ticket here. The Platinum line is focused more on an airier draw that's primarly for flavor. The Nitro is basically the return of the 510 Fusion. Just from a different factory but we kept the specs the same save for the coil upgrade. The 510 Fusion was always directed to match close to the 801 Fusion which has a smooth medium draw with an emphasis on feel as well as delivering flavor. That model is a veteran and cornerstone to our company as it's an all-arounder in the aspects of vaping. It was the first cartomizer that we had full control to develop a few years ago.

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
Hey guys! I have need of some small atomizers and was hoping to get some guidance on what I should order, and how to properly maintain them

I have rather recently began to DIY juice in the last few months and want to experiment more. The obvious way to testy creations would be via small atomizers since its such a pain to keep changing out wick in an RDA for each new flavor. Would rather have a handful of small atomizers that I could continually clean and cycle through as needed.

Which atomizers would have a good lifespan and are easy to clean? I do typically use RDAs (and some RTAs) day to day at 0.5 - 1.3 ohm so lower ohm atomizers would probably best help test flavors as of normally vape them.

On the cleaning question, would it be as simple as rinsing other hot water and maybe soak in alcohol overnight, them rinse again and let dry? That's pretty much what I did with a 510 Atty I got from a B&M years ago but if there's a better cleaning regiment with your suggestions please lete know. I think I was briefly dry firing too but not sure if the atomizers are made for dry firing.

Anyway, thanks for any suggestions you guys may have.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Hey guys! I have need of some small atomizers and was hoping to get some guidance on what I should order, and how to properly maintain them

I have rather recently began to DIY juice in the last few months and want to experiment more. The obvious way to testy creations would be via small atomizers since its such a pain to keep changing out wick in an RDA for each new flavor. Would rather have a handful of small atomizers that I could continually clean and cycle through as needed.

Which atomizers would have a good lifespan and are easy to clean? I do typically use RDAs (and some RTAs) day to day at 0.5 - 1.3 ohm so lower ohm atomizers would probably best help test flavors as of normally vape them.

On the cleaning question, would it be as simple as rinsing other hot water and maybe soak in alcohol overnight, them rinse again and let dry? That's pretty much what I did with a 510 Atty I got from a B&M years ago but if there's a better cleaning regiment with your suggestions please lete know. I think I was briefly dry firing too but not sure if the atomizers are made for dry firing.

Anyway, thanks for any suggestions you guys may have.

Hello!
An i06 atty would be right up your alley. They are trusted atomizers so you can be assured if they fail with your liquid experiments to go back to the drawing board. Liquid vendors from far and wide use the i06 for liquid testing purposes for it's micro wick and feasibility of being cleaned out. Your maintenance regiment is just fine however, even though it is sporting a micro wick it is ill advised to dry burn the components. You can get away with dryburning on an RDA because you are only applying heat to the coil. However in atties and cartos there is a whole different environment that needs to be taken into account. You don't necessarily need a low ohm to connect it to as flavors do mutate with different degrees. All you would have to do is up the current to match the intensity.That said, it's unfortunate to report that we only have the 3.5Ω in stock at the moment. If your RDA is capable of 6V, the i06 would be the meal ticket.

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
Hello!
An i06 atty would be right up your alley. They are trusted atomizers so you can be assured if they fail with your liquid experiments to go back to the drawing board. Liquid vendors from far and wide use the i06 for liquid testing purposes for it's micro wick and feasibility of being cleaned out. Your maintenance regiment is just fine however, even though it is sporting a micro wick it is ill advised to dry burn the components. You can get away with dryburning on an RDA because you are only applying heat to the coil. However in atties and cartos there is a whole different environment that needs to be taken into account. You don't necessarily need a low ohm to connect it to as flavors do mutate with different degrees. All you would have to do is up the current to match the intensity.That said, it's unfortunate to report that we only have the 3.5Ω in stock at the moment. If your RDA is capable of 6V, the i06 would be the meal ticket.

Do you expect to have some lower resistance i06 atties in stock soon? If so I could wait it out. 3.5 ohm is a bit on the high side for me and would prefer 1.5 to 2.0 range.

Would I need a special drip tip or drip shield to use with the i06?

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
So I use a ibtanked setup and I'm needing more coils. The smok ones have been nice so far but I really want to give ikenvapes a try. Any idea when the nitro line (filler or no filler) will be back in stock?

Shouldn't be long on the no filler because I won some on the contest.:D I still have 14 of them because the first one I tried won't quit. If I get this kind of mileage on the rest I'll be set for life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread