I'll be making a new YouTube channel for Vaping, what would you like to see?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
The return of someone wrapping coils and reviews of devices for normal vapors again, instead of yet another " I wrapped a .2 ohm coil in this tank designed for cloud chasing with massive airflow.

So many awesome devices out there getting passed over cause its not the next goblin, mutation x or subtank.

Example
Ever heard of the gamma tank? Yea neither have 90% of the cloud chasers who value volume over flavor. But I bet the flavor chasers would love to find out about it

I think even old busardo has lost his way lately.
Todd seems to be the last one not doing just chaser devices

My 14 cents( adjusted for inflation)

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Just as the title says I'm making a new YouTube channel and would like to hear everyone's opinion on what they'd like to see. My plan is to focus on reviews and interaction with the viewers, testing juice, answering questiones etc.

I think Thrasher has a good point about lower power setups that not many reviewers are talking about, so if you're looking for something that others aren't doing much of and that's you, it's a good idea. One other area that I find isn't reviewed much are flavorings for DIY and DIY recipes.

Whatever you do, IMO it will be a better product if you know your stuff, do the research required when you don't so that you do and stay real.

So, how long have you been vaping? What are you experienced with in mods, attys and juices? Does your style lean toward the technical or are you more interested in the overall vape experience?

Cages2Clouds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2015
A couple months, I use to smoke but quit so I could continue my MMA training. All my coworkers and a lot of friends smoke cigs, pipes, or cigars and I've been dieing for one. My gf introduced me to Vaping and it was a game changer cuz I could get that feeling of realization and ease of mind that smoking brought minus the nicotine/tar/additives + awesome flavors. Lol I've started really small with a small aero tank and pen battery I got for free. I got lucky with clearance/friends and got a better pen battery and a nautilus aspire tank and a IPV3 box mod with a atlantis, Heracles, and maganus tanks. I'm looking into RDA's and want to try them out but I don't have much experience yet. Luckily my local shop has a good variety of e juices to try so I've tried a lot of veried flavors, space jam, ritual, pin up, suicide bunnies, and cosmic cloud to name a few. I'm also gonna try mixing my own flavors at some point. My style is definitely towards the overall vape experience but the technical stuff I'll learn if I get into RDA's.

Reactions: Ryedan

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
A couple months, I use to smoke but quit so I could continue my MMA training. All my coworkers and a lot of friends smoke cigs, pipes, or cigars and I've been dieing for one. My gf introduced me to Vaping and it was a game changer cuz I could get that feeling of realization and ease of mind that smoking brought minus the nicotine/tar/additives + awesome flavors. Lol I've started really small with a small aero tank and pen battery I got for free. I got lucky with clearance/friends and got a better pen battery and a nautilus aspire tank and a IPV3 box mod with a atlantis, Heracles, and maganus tanks. I'm looking into RDA's and want to try them out but I don't have much experience yet. Luckily my local shop has a good variety of e juices to try so I've tried a lot of veried flavors, space jam, ritual, pin up, suicide bunnies, and cosmic cloud to name a few. I'm also gonna try mixing my own flavors at some point. My style is definitely towards the overall vape experience but the technical stuff I'll learn if I get into RDA's.

Congrats on quitting smoking :)

You're still pretty new to vaping Cages2Clouds. IMO if you start reviewing with the experience you have now you need to be careful not to let that make your reviews less meaningful to people. One example of the kind of thing I'm thinking of that comes to mind right now is about juice reviews. I know how different the same juice tastes to me through the course of vaping it for a week in one device and at one power level. Change the power and it can become a whole different juice. Change the atty and it all changes yet again. For me, reviewers who take this kind of thing into account are much more worth watching than those who don't. Generally, the more experience someone has with vaping the more of this kind of thing they understand. Then again, some people pick it up quick and some never do.

I do not want to discourage you from doing this, so please don't take it that way. I'm posting this hoping it will help you understand what someone like me appreciates in a reviewer, but ultimately the type of viewer you chose to appeal to is something you need to figure out for yourself.

Best of luck with it my friend :thumb:

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Not necessary

Cages2Clouds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2015
Congrats on quitting smoking :)

You're still pretty new to vaping Cages2Clouds. IMO if you start reviewing with the experience you have now you need to be careful not to let that make your reviews less meaningful to people. One example of the kind of thing I'm thinking of that comes to mind right now is about juice reviews. I know how different the same juice tastes to me through the course of vaping it for a week in one device and at one power level. Change the power and it can become a whole different juice. Change the atty and it all changes yet again. For me, reviewers who take this kind of thing into account are much more worth watching than those who don't. Generally, the more experience someone has with vaping the more of this kind of thing they understand. Then again, some people pick it up quick and some never do.

I do not want to discourage you from doing this, so please don't take it that way. I'm posting this hoping it will help you understand what someone like me appreciates in a reviewer, but ultimately the type of viewer you chose to appeal to is something you need to figure out for yourself.

Best of luck with it my friend :thumb:

I completely agree man. The mane reason I want to start a channel is because when I got into it I was scouring YouTube and the Internet for answers. YouTube seemed to be made up mostly of the intermediate to advanced level so a lot of the questions I had weren't andwered. So I figured I could try to fill those gaps when starting. Also I definitely know what you mean about different setups with juice. I've been trying to find good flavorful experiences at first and then take those juices and use them in different ways and see what I get. I have one juice called Betty from Pinup and its flavor profile was vastly different on my tank and my friends RDA. I've also found that in general I like my fruit flavors at a cooler temp and my coffee/creams at a warmer temp.

{DELETED}
thanks for the tip I'll have to send him a msg.

Last edited by a moderator:

xDarkRelic

Feb 2, 2015
Texas
I do this with video game reviews and podcasts. Here's my "rules"

Always announce that you aren't paid by that company. In the very beginning. People will know you're going off your true opinion and facts better that way. Of course, if you are paid by them then make it very clear that you are. You don't want that unnecessary Rip drama he just went through.

In unboxings, show everything. If it comes with a baggie with coils, a screwdriver, and cotton, (I'm looking at you, subtank mini) don't just say a bag of goodies.

Review juices. From vendors for and wide. It's always hard to find juice reviews from little unknown vendors. Send them a thank you letter for your juice and a link to your video that you reviewed them in. Critisism is always nice and they may send you some freebies to review!

Lighting lighting lighting.

Make sure you have a clear voice and good camera. Sadly, not many people will even watch 244p videos, it just depends on the person.

But above all, DO IT FOR FUN. Dont go in and expect money or fame. You'll find yourself more like working instead of having fun when this happens.

That's all I can think of. I look forward to you giving us a link to check you out! I'll certainly subscribe. :)

Cages2Clouds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2015
Thanks a lot DarkRelic and to everyone I really appreciate the help guys. To help me get my hands on more diverse juice I subscribed myself to zambplebox. Hopefully it will indeed give me plenty of new juice to try that aren't well known. I have a pretty good camera I use to record my MMA classes and sparing sessions but I have never done a YouTube channel, review or otherwise. Lol

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
Here's an angle that's needed that I haven't seen anyone do.

Do one full show a week for uber nOObs using No More than maybe VV stickVods. Maintenance, usual issues, cleaning coils, Juice Tests with Just those low power units.

There are A LOT of nOObs not in the positions to use More than that type of unit. Yes, there Are reviews of the VodsStock but it
goes from that to the assumption that Everyone is using a Mod. Well, they ain't.

By doing a whole show on a different day than maybe the "main" show, the more experienced vapers can avoid it if they wish.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

khalidmna

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2014
Liverpool, UK
Here's an angle that's needed that I haven't seen anyone do.

Do one full show a week for uber nOObs using No More than maybe VV stickVods. Maintenance, usual issues, cleaning coils, Juice Tests with Just those low power units.

There are A LOT of nOObs not in the positions to use More than that type of unit. Yes, there Are reviews of the VodsStock but it
goes from that to the assumption that Everyone is using a Mod. Well, they ain't.

By doing a whole show on a different day than maybe the "main" show, the more experienced vapers can avoid it if they wish.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

^^This definitely - when I first started out I didn't know what reviewers were going on about when talking about coils, wicking, tanks, voltage. A newbie review is a great idea that breaks down things and explains what the different pieces of the device they're reviewing are and also HOW TO FILL THE TANK they're reviewing, I've lost count of how many times I've had to google how to review a tank because all you see is them filling it with their juice, but no close ups or where the juice goes in

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I don't watch many reviews, anymore, unless I'm looking for something specific. But here are a couple things to keep in mind that I don't like:
-Don't fumble around. Have your stuff, whatever you're reviewing, ready, including whatever tools you'll need. There's nothing worse than a guy going off camera, mumbling "where the heck is my screwdriver".
-There's no need to blow half a dozen clouds at the camera, fogging up the view. We get it. The thing works.
-No need to spend half the video taking the thing out of the box. Nobody cares about the box.
-if your video involves any mechanical work, like building a coil; rehearse. If I see a guy fumbling around, not knowing what he's doing, I stop watching immediately.
-Don't babble on endlessly. Be accurate, brief, and concise. You don't need a 45 minute video to explain something that should only take 15 minutes.
-No screaming kids, barking dogs, squawking parrots, or Megadeath music blaring in the background.

LMS62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
Mesa, AZ
One of the big things I notice with many vape-related videos.....language. For some reason, even with many of the current top/popular reviewers, they can't seem to do a review without constantly dropping the "f bomb". IMO, nothing comes across as less professional and amateurish than using the same type of language in a review, as you would when you're out drinking with your friends.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
A couple months, I use to smoke but quit... My gf introduced me to Vaping and it was a game changer cuz I could get that feeling of realization and ease of mind that smoking brought minus the nicotine/tar/additives

Are you really quit smoking with zero nic juice? Are you sure?
My advice - continue vaping. Wait with your youtube thing for more experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread