I'm a "noob" that could use help

Status
Not open for further replies.

BROKEN1981

Apr 20, 2017
Hello, I am a long time vaper. I used the Johnson's Creek Vea and their DNA mod.

Recently I wanted to get into rebuilding atomizers so I bought the smok Alien 220W TC.
I have not yet used the Clapton coil as I am enjoying the premade coils.

The batteries I am using are the LG he4 and the LG he2 .

I just learned that they have the potential to explode if I am vaping at 150-190W.

From what I am reading I need the LG hb6 batteries. Is this correct?
Also, is the smok Alien a regulated mod? If so, what exactly does that mean? I've used Google and input "is Smok Alien a regulated mod" but haven't gotten anything in the search results other then where I can buy it.

Reactions: ej1024

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    They will not explode at 190W.

They might get very warm, which would help to decrease their overall life, but it takes a short circuit to force a battery ro burst. To get them to vent excess pressure/gas takes getting them up to wayyyyy over the boiling point of water.

At 95W each, 190W total, you're running those batteries very hard. They perform better if you stick under 75W or so. But, if they're not getting more than a bit warm and you're not unhappy with how long they let you vape then you can stay with them.

If they are getting toasty then try the Sony VTC5A. No need to use HB6's unless your batteries are getting hot from chain vaping at very high wattages.

Last edited:

BROKEN1981

Apr 20, 2017
    They will not explode at 190W.

They might get very warm, which would help to decrease their overall life, but it takes a short circuit to force a battery ro burst. To get them to vent excess pressure/gas takes getting them up to wayyyyy over the boiling point of water.

At 95W each, 190W total, you're running those batteries very hard. They perform better if you stick under 75W or so. But, if they're not getting more than a bit warm and you're not unhappy with how long they let you vape then you can stay with them.

If they are getting toasty then try the Sony VTC5A. No need to use HB6's unless your batteries are getting hot from chain vaping at very high wattages.
    I just saw this. Thank you for the response. I did order 2 VTC5A. As for my other batteries, 2 gives half a day. I've checked the batteries while chain vaping and they never felt warm.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread