I'M BACK AFTER 4+ YEARS AWAY. HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SMOK MICRO 150.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawnira

Jan 13, 2011
California
MY KNOWLEDGE WAS BASED ON THE PRODUCTS AVAILABLE 4+ YEARS AGO. THE "PEN TYPE" ABOUT THE DIA. OF A DOUBLE A BATTERY. TANKS WHERE EVOLVING.

FAST FORWARD, WANT TO QUIT SMOKING CIG'S. HAVE DONE WELL FOR THE LAST 3 WEEKS. I HAVE CUT BACK FROM ONE PACK TO 1/2 PACK. NO REAL ISSUES WITH "WITHDRAWL", JUST AT TIMES I WANT TO FILL THE MUSCLE MEMORY (HAND TO MOUTH) HABIT. SO......I'M BACK.

I BOUGHT A SMOK MICRO 150. DID A WHOLE 3 HOURS (PLUS OR MINUS) RESEARCH. THERE WAS LITTLE INFO OUTSIDE OF ADVERTISING I COULD GET. I AM NEW TO WHAT YOU ALL ARE CALLING "MOD"S. I DO NOT SEE ME "BUILDING" WHATCHA MA CALL ITS. I LIKE SIMPLICITY.

IN SHORT, IT IS MY WISH TO GET FAMILURE/UP TO DATE WITH MOST OF THE TERMS, HARDWARE, BLAH BLAH, BUT I WAS HOPING FOR SOMEONE WITH ON HANDS USE OF THIS VAPORIZER.

FIRST QUESTIONS REVOLVE AROUND THE eliquid VENTS; THE AIR FLOW VENTS; AND HOW THEY WORK. I FOUND MYSELF WITH juice LEAKING ALL OVER, THOUGH, NOW I DON'T. THE MANUAL HAS ALMOST NO DIRECTION. I HAD JUICE FLOWING OUT OF THE "AIR FLOW" VENTS. DON'T KNOW WHICH WAY TO TURN THE "GLASS" TO OPEN OR CLOSE THE eliquid VENTS. DO I NEED TO CLOSE THEM WHEN NOT IN USE?

I LOVE THIS THING FOR THE "HIT/DRAW" I'M GETTING......IT'S LIKE WHAT I WANTED YEARS AGO.

COULD SOMEONE TAKE ME UNDER THIER WING, AND HELP ME TO FLY?

YOUR TIME AND CONSIDERATION IS GREATLY APPREICATED.

SIW

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Hi there Shawnira and welcome back.
I'm assuming you got the Smok kit, the 150w mod and the, I think it's called Minos, tank. If that is the one then it also comes with an RBA (rebuildable atomizer) deck, one of those 'watcha ma call its', which you just might find yourself getting into after all given a bit more time, knowledge and experience. Anyway it looks like you got yourself a very nice device.

Lots and lots of folks here will be more than happy to help you in any way they can. Rather than simply asking broad questions though you may find it useful to do some more web research, especially on your particular hardware. There are lots of youtube demos for setting up atty's and writeups discussing various aspects of them. I'm not trying to blow you off or anything its just that when you ask a question here you'll get lots of answers and they won't necessarily all agree so it helps to have a bit of background info to fall back on to better understand what folks are saying.

That said you asked about juice flow and air vents, two different things obviously. The JFV opens and closes holes to allow the juice to flow to the coil. You'd find yourself adjusting this if your juice was thicker (max VG) or your coil was designed for max clouds etc. Thing to remember about the JFV and leaking is that it should be closed when you open the tank for filling.

A tank allows the juice to flow to the coil usually with a combo of gravity and wicking action. When the juice gets near the coil it is open to the air and can flow freely at that point. What stops gravity from letting all your juice flow out is the fact that the tank's upper part is sealed so as the juice lowers and it can't draw air in to replace it the pressure in the tank drops to a point that the juice won't flow anymore. Break that seal by opening the tank for filling and guess what happens, juice everywhere unless the JFV is closed. Open your tank up, take it apart and see how it works, and while doing that ensure it has good o rings in all the parts that need to seal. Bad or missing o rings will also cause leaks. With some atty's closing the JFV when not in use is a good idea to prevent leakage, others not so much, but again it also depends on the juice and how you've set it all up. The short answer is yes if you need to.

Airflow vents are even more important. If the vaporized juice can't be carried away from the coil, along with the heat, then the coil would get to hot and the juice would burn rather than vaporize. The size, positioning, and control of the airflow is what many atty manufacturers try to differentiate their product on, everybody's got a better idea. Opening the air vent tends to make the vape more airy and dry. Closing it down some does the opposite. Play with it and see the difference, it's a matter of preference.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
FIRST QUESTIONS REVOLVE AROUND THE ELIQUID VENTS; THE AIR FLOW VENTS; AND HOW THEY WORK. I FOUND MYSELF WITH JUICE LEAKING ALL OVER, THOUGH, NOW I DON'T. THE MANUAL HAS ALMOST NO DIRECTION. I HAD JUICE FLOWING OUT OF THE "AIR FLOW" VENTS. DON'T KNOW WHICH WAY TO TURN THE "GLASS" TO OPEN OR CLOSE THE ELIQUID VENTS. DO I NEED TO CLOSE THEM WHEN NOT IN USE?
Might like to read:
Tank Flooding Explained | Learning Center | VaVaVape
Tank type atomizers... For new vapists - how they work | E-Cigarette Forum

Reactions: smacksy

shawnira

Jan 13, 2011
California
I THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH. NOT ONLY FOR YOUR FORUM DIRECTION, BUT FOR TAKING THE TIME TO TOUCH ON MY "LEAKING" PROBLEM.

NOT ONE VIDEO ADRESSED MY SITUATION, NOR DID GOOGLE SEARCH. YOU DID, AFTER RE-FINDING THIS FORUM. AGAIN THANKS, AND AM LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING UP TO DATE WITH "TODAYS" VAPE TECH...WITH FOLKS LIKE YOU AND THIS FORUM.

Reactions: BrotherBob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread