I'm feeling shinyitis coming on....

Status
Not open for further replies.

haliwa69

Verified Member
Sep 21, 2014
United States
I'm looking at some mods to upgrade from my Sig 100+. I cannot decide what I want. I'm currently running a Zephyr Buddha v2 with a single nichrome 80 coil. 24 gauge, 10 wraps, comes out to .6ohms. I just got the Buddha and love it, but want more power(insert Tim the toolman grunt).

I'm looking at the Snow Wolf 200w, the ipv3 li, sigelei 150w on the regulated side. Kind of considering a bc box mod in series in unregulated mods.

I want to try temp control, but also don't care much for keeping up with the Joneses. I like reliable, I like safe, and I definitely like affordable.
My vaping style is somewhere between flavor and cloud chaser. I'm not really into all the theatrics, but I do like a good HOT vape. I mostly like dessert and cereal vapes and just placed an order with wizardlabs for a diy setup.

I like that the ipv3 li is upgradeable or already upgraded to 200 watts with temp controls. Dual 18650, aesthetically pleasing to me, and the price is doable. Not a fan of the touch sensor, although it can be disabled.

I'd jump on the Sigelei 150w if I knew they wouldn't come out with a 200w temp control, back scratcher, and soap dispenser as soon as I ordered mine.

I like the looks of the Snow Wolf, and I'm kind of wanting to believe it's a sibling or cousin to the Sigelei. But I am rough on equipment and don't see the casing lasting long.

Last but not least, bcboxmods. I like the idea of a lifetime warranty for a series box. If I did get this, should it be dual 18650 series or 26650 series. I also like the switch mod, but I have a bad short term memory and would forget to turn it back to parallel. I also like the fact that the Buddha v2 would look a little more at home on a hateful series box.

Also, little side action. Between the Herakles, Morpheus, and Zephyrus, which tank would you choose?

Last edited:
Reactions: dcfluegel

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
I ordered an Ipv3 Li and a new set of Samsung 25rs. Now I'm struggling with a new subohm tank to replace my janky Atlantis(it took a spill off of my car at 60)

You could get the Atlantis 2 or the Triton if you like Aspire tanks. Vaporshark makes nickel Atlantis coils which are interchangeable with the Triton if you chose to get either or and are interested in TC. The Triton also has an RBA coil head, but I'm not 100% on if it works in an Atlantis. Plus then if you get either, you have a choice of .3, .4, .5, 1.0, & 1.8 ohm coils between the two tanks.
I'm not a fan of Kanger tanks (had the original subtank, used it twice and got fed up with it), but the new subtank mini has a pretty solid looking RBA section if you're into rebuilding.

LuNar

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2014
Hays KS
I have the ipv3 liVR and it's solid so far. 50j in temp mode for nickel is pretty solid( it feels like a strong 50w.) Haven't used titanium yet. As for a standard power mode mod it's pretty great. I did 70w on my tugboat v2 with twisted 26g dual coil all day off fresh batteries. Only used about 1/5 of the battery charge. I too turn off the touch sensor, I'm just not a fan of the placement nor am I fan of a touch sensor for vaping.

I was about to get the special edition of the snow wolf 200w but I went with this ipv3 liVR and I am not disappointed at all. As far as durability It's not the most durable device. I accidently scratched it when rebuilding my rda and the finish came off kinda easy against my screw driver. Eeehh.... :c

I imagine the sigelei 150w tc wouldn't be a bad choice. To me it looked like the battery door came off a little easy. I'm not a fan of the little ramp that goes up to the 510 connector. Other than that it looks nice, looks like it feels comfortable.

I don't own a unregulated box but I do love the look of the hex ohm v2.1. It might be my next mod :D

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
You could get the Atlantis 2 or the Triton if you like Aspire tanks. Vaporshark makes nickel Atlantis coils which are interchangeable with the Triton if you chose to get either or and are interested in TC. The Triton also has an RBA coil head, but I'm not 100% on if it works in an Atlantis. Plus then if you get either, you have a choice of .3, .4, .5, 1.0, & 1.8 ohm coils between the two tanks.
I'm not a fan of Kanger tanks (had the original subtank, used it twice and got fed up with it), but the new subtank mini has a pretty solid looking RBA section if you're into rebuilding.
The Triton RBA won't fit on Atlantis tanks. It doesn't have the threading in the top section that is needed to thread into the Atlantis chimney.

Reactions: Tom Forde

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
The Triton RBA won't fit on Atlantis tanks. It doesn't have the threading in the top section that is needed to thread into the Atlantis chimney.
Thanks for the info. I'm using a triton .4 SS coil in my Atlantis right now, it's great that I can use it at such a low wattage and still get a great vape out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread