I'm looking for a good reliable DNA 200 mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clean Clouds

Aug 5, 2014
Waco, Texas
I'm looking for something reliable and with good battery life. My price range is <$200. Preferably in the $169 area. I don't want something I have to DIY and tinker with to get to work. I just want something sturdy and reliable. I also want something that is comfortable to hold and isn't terribly ugly.

Sorry if this question has been asked a billion times, I'm sure it has. There are just so many of these mods out there I don't know where I should be looking.

I was originally looking at the VTBox 200 by Vapecige for looks and battery life, but I was scared away after reading reviews.

So what do you recommend? Thank you in advance.

Scy123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2014
Canada
The Wismec DNA200 with hg2s has twice the battery life of most other DNA200 mods and is pretty comfortable to hold. It has been pretty reliable for me except a few minor problems that where easily fixed.

Also with the Wismec you can swap the batteries when they die, instead of having to charge up the device to be able vape again.

Clean Clouds

Aug 5, 2014
Waco, Texas
The Wismec DNA200 with hg2s has twice the battery life of most other DNA200 mods and is pretty comfortable to hold. It has been pretty reliable for me except a few minor problems that where easily fixed.

Also with the Wismec you can swap the batteries when they die, instead of having to charge up the device to be able vape again.

^^^^^^2nd that

I'm looking for a backup dna200 to my releaux

Thanks for the quick response. What are the pros or cons to 3 18650's vs. a LiPo?
Also where would you recommend purchasing one? Looking for quick shipping.

Clean Clouds

Aug 5, 2014
Waco, Texas
Pros of 18650:
Longer battery life.
Can swap batteries instead of having to wait for a charge. (technically you can do with with lipos but it's iffy)

Cons of 18650:
Heavy
Higher voltage sag at high wattage.

That's all I can think of.

I think you sold me. I'm going with the hg2s like you recommended. Do you have any tips on the escribe with the hg2s? (Sorry I'm a little confused about this escribe thing)

Reactions: Suwat666

Scy123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2014
Canada
First thing to do is upgrade to a firmware you like, or you can stay the same firmware. You can find different firmware here. Early Firmware - DNA 200 Early Adopters Forum

Next load the Wismec profile for escribe. This will load the manufacturer settings for mod resistance and case thermal. http://www.wismec.com/download/W009-151116-2.8V-CASEJB.ecig

Then change under the mod tab change battery capacity to 28.72wh and cutoff to 2.8v. After that load the HG2 profile you can find here. Wismec Reuleaux LG HG2 Batter Profile (Watt-Hours and Curve .CSV file in link) • /r/electronic_cigarette

Finally upload the settings.

After that the rest of the settings is up to you.

Paul lamb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2015
Newcastle, UK
Use hg2's or Samsung 30q for the added life but beware 20 and 15amp is not as great as others

I'm looking for a 2nd DNA fancy the boxer just for its looks not fussed on life as it will be used at home

There are lots of lipo powered dna200's as the only way to deliver 200w true is through a lipo or 3 18650's

Can't wait until they crack the lipo mah

Scy123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2014
Canada
I heard that was only on the RX model but not sure how true that is I own both and they look identical

Most reports are that it is identical. I do not own both and cannot say. It is hard to tell how far not to screw down though on the dna200 version, cause the spring is so strong, you think you bottom out but it can still screw further. Not a problem until you get one with a long 510 then you may not think you bottomed out but you really have and end up screwing down too much.

Reactions: Paul lamb

Paul lamb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2015
Newcastle, UK
Most reports are that it is identical. I do not own both and cannot say. It is hard to tell how far not to screw down though on the dna200 version, cause the spring is so strong, you think you bottom out but it can still screw further. Not a problem until you get one with a long 510 then you may not think you bottomed out but you really have and end up screwing down too much.
The tfv4 is supposed to be a culprit I own 3 and never had an issue but since reading reports I keep tfv4 and other tanks with similar 510's away from my releauxs

Foggyroomz

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Indiana
The Wismec is hands down the most user serviceable unit available most other DNA boxes have the battery packs soldered fast to the mod which means you have to send it back to have a pack replaced in the event of failure which means your mod is in the mail and gone for a month before you see it back and that's if they are quick about it. I'm building my own in a larger enclosure so I can use a 4000 mah 3s lipo pack in it but for 149.00 the Wismec is on the cheaper side and user serviceable which makes it a great bargain.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
going to go with something different.

Vaporshark DNA200, smallest form factor DNA200 (actually hotcig has a ti200 but its not popular), yes its a 900mah 3s lipo but if you don't usually vape above 40W its plenty of battery (lasts me at least 8 hours of semi chain vape).

Only DNA200 lipo mod that offers 2 amp charging (tested from weak battery warning to 83% in 1 hour of charging). Only gripe I have with this mod is slight fire button rattle and the fact that any atty >22mm will have overhang.

If I were to get another DNA200 it would probably be the lavabox.

I have the Reuleaux RX200. The form factor is great but I keep it at home due to its weight and thickness. Hard to pocket it for out and about.

[edit] PBusardo did a great review on some of the 1st batch DNA200 mods with an excel spreadsheet that shoes you their specifications such as battery, size, weight, etc. Fast forward to 54 minutes.

Reactions: Clean Clouds

SammyS

Mar 4, 2015
MN
I picked up the Efusion Mini. I love this mod! Enough battery life to get me through my normal vaping day. And I am really glad I did not go with an 18650 mod. The Wismec is the exception I feel because of the series triple 18650s are pretty fantastic, but I wanted something a bit lighter and less bulky. After what I picked up from these boards about battery knowledge I am very comfortable with my purchase. The duo was just coming out when I made my purchase and I still am good with my Mini. The DNA200 is well worth the money and my other mods have just been sitting. The quality of vape is awesome! Much more consistent than any other mod I own. Other mods I am comparing are the rx200, Cuboid, VTC Mini, istick TC60 and 50w. I don't vape at high wattages so all my vaping is pretty much 25-50w. The Wismec would be a great choice to, but whats going to happen when you switch what was supposed to be your backup mod with the DNA200 ;P

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
^ I honestly do not find the reuleaux pocketable with 3 batteries. I have the DX200, Vaporshark, Lavabox, and Boxer DNA133 (well its in the states but I should be getting it soon).

Out of the 3 I currently have my fav is the lavabox, 30 grams heavier than the vaporshark, slightly taller and fatter, but the aesthetics on this is just awesome.

DX200 if you like carrying spare lipos (go for a 1300mah spare)
Vaporshark if you're always near a 2amp charger b/c 2amp charging is the bees knees

dkane359

Apr 19, 2016
I'm looking for something reliable and with good battery life. My price range is <$200. Preferably in the $169 area. I don't want something I have to DIY and tinker with to get to work. I just want something sturdy and reliable. I also want something that is comfortable to hold and isn't terribly ugly.

Sorry if this question has been asked a billion times, I'm sure it has. There are just so many of these mods out there I don't know where I should be looking.

I was originally looking at the VTBox 200 by Vapecige for looks and battery life, but I was scared away after reading reviews.

So what do you recommend? Thank you in advance.
I am selling my wismec dna 200 for 120 with 3 25r only had it about month...its just too big for me

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Only DNA200 lipo mod that offers 2 amp charging (tested from weak battery warning to 83% in 1 hour of charging). Only gripe I have with this mod is slight fire button rattle and the fact that any atty >22mm will have overhang.

Yeah well that is still too slow for me. I like the 5 second charge method (5SCM) far better. You know, remove the drained 18650s and replace with freshly charged 18650s.

I have the Reuleaux RX200. The form factor is great but I keep it at home due to its weight and thickness. Hard to pocket it for out and about.

I don't find it horrible in the pocket or anything. But it is really tiny for a three 18650 mod. It is shorter than many of my one 18650 mods.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
sure you can pocket the Reuleaux and carry a set of 3 extra 18650s, however since there are so many available mods to choose from you have options.

Carry a Vaporshark DNA200, which is about half a reuleaux (319g vs 170) and a 2amp charger with usb cable which is than half the weight of a set of spares.

With the VS, I went through 3 refills of the griffin 22mm (around 10mls) and had about 20% battery left after an entire day being outside. The build was dual claptons 6-7 wraps on a 3mm IAD, came out to about 0.45ohms. Vaped it from 11:00AM to 10PM.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
@rice721: I don't think 99% of vapers would need to carry around any batteries with the Reuleaux. That is like 30Wh worth of capacity vs. the VS 9.9Wh. So the Reuleaux would last through three VS recharges and your vaping the whole time with the Reuleaux.

But your right, there are plenty of DNA200 mods out there. As I am using my two HCigar VT133 more often than my two Reuleaux DNA200. Still more Wh than a VS. But the Reuleaux are still very comfortable in the hand, nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread