I'm looking for a small bottom feeder box mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegrindre

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2011
Central Arkansas
allricksstuff.com
Hi all. The REO is out. I don't need a PV built like a 'tank'. I'm an old retired fart who sits behind his computer all day long. I don't go camping, or fishing, or hunting anymore. I stay inside where the temp is constant and comfortable 24/7. If I drop my PV, it'll land on a thick carpet undamaged. And, at about $130, I can't afford it anyway.
A $30 plastic model will work just fine for this old man on a fixed income.

I just discovered the Monkey Box. Nobody here has mentioned that one.
Again, many thanks for all your input,

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
A $30 plastic model will work just fine for this old man... I don't go camping, or fishing, or hunting anymore. ..

Just because it's in a plastic box, that doesn't mean it's all that fragile. I've had mine a little over 3 weeks, I think - maybe a month now. I haven't felt any need to make sure it was in any way protected. I carry it around my dads farm when I'm working out there. I don't worry about scratches or scrapes from fence, trees, rocks, or machinery. It doesn't have a fancy paint job to have to worry about. And, if a 1600 lb steer smashes it, well, an all-aluminum or wood box would suffer an equal amount of damage from such an event as a plastic box would. It would be catastrophic damage in no way covered by any sort of warranty.

I don't know how long you've been vaping. But if it hasn't been a long time, then maybe when your lungs start recovering from the tar, you might change your mind about the desire to hunt, fish, or camp. I've read a lot of people say how rejuvenated they've become as they regained lung capacity and were finding themselves able to do things they did at a much younger age.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
Hi all. The REO is out. I don't need a PV built like a 'tank'. I'm an old retired fart who sits behind his computer all day long. I don't go camping, or fishing, or hunting anymore. I stay inside where the temp is constant and comfortable 24/7. If I drop my PV, it'll land on a thick carpet undamaged. And, at about $130, I can't afford it anyway.

Go see Steve and tell him I sent you if a plastic mod at a good price is all you need. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-suppliers-forum/183648-quality-3-7v-box-mods-19-5v-box-mods-28-a.html

fray

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
arkansas
www.ejoose.com

Monkey boxes will be bigger than a mini and still cost you $100 bucks.

thegrindre

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2011
Central Arkansas
allricksstuff.com
Thanks for straightening me out on the Monkey Box. I guess they would be too big for me. A mini is what I'm looking for. Cigarette box size that'll fit in my shirt pocket like an old pack of cigs used to do. The REO's look too large, also from the pix I've seen here.
(A human hand next to these pix would be a nice comparison for size, guys.)

OK, I now have another question, what's the differences between a 3.6, 5, and a low res atty and batt thing??? I don't understand why voltage would have anything to do with it?
If you fire up a standard atty with 5v, doesn't that make it a LR atty?
I'm so confused...

Thanks,

tybin

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
WA
the monkey box actually does come in a mini size now. i don't think all attys work on all devices. they just can't take the volt difference. lr atty is not fore higher volt devices. a really high hv atty on a lower volt device won't work correctly...i believe

the reo grand is actually not that much bigger than a cig pack. neither is a phidias. my advice would be just start with a device you can afford. then move on from there once you figure out if you even like bottom feeding.
if you go to the reo subforum there is actually a post that will show you the dimensions of each device.
The reo is popular, but it's still all about what works for each individual:)

Last edited:

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
FYI

Standard pack of Marlboro Reds is 3.75 inches Width : 2.5 inches Thickness : 1.25 inches so thats what size mod you want. A pic with a hand holding one will give you an idea but some of us has big hands lol

That Woodvil in my avatar fits in my shirt pocket...if it had a squonk hole instead of a plunger it would be perfect! Mu new Mini Woodvil will be perfect!! lol

Last edited:
the vmod is another option to look at. It is made by Vapage and it is under $100, small, and has a lifetime warranty. I recently bought one and it is better than the other mods I have tried.

Attachments

• DSCN2803.jpg
    DSCN2803.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 63

thegrindre

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2011
Central Arkansas
allricksstuff.com
@ unsure, wow, that little thing looks just about what I'm looking for. I'm just not looking for some great big bulky thing to suck on.
I'm just trying to replicate an old smoking habit of mine as reasonably as possible. I don't need lights, bells or whistles to tell my if it's working or not. If it ain't working, it won't vape... That's pretty simple to figure out guys.

@ cajen I love that one!!!

Thanks again,

Last edited:

BiffRocko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
San Diego, CA USA

tybin

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
WA
i do see this under the question and answer though:unsure:

Q: Is V-Mod fully 510 compatible — can users interchange their own 510 system (Cartomizer or Atomizer/Cartridge) instead of our proprietary cone/silo design?
A: The VMOD has a 510 thread which means that any 510 will fit it. Although, only our Silo is compatible for use with the feed system. The VMOD can be used as a battery only, and as a drip base system with the others. We do encourage modders to be creative to mod their favorite cart/carto to work with the VMOD. Although, we feel our cartomizer is as good or better than anything on the market.
The reason we have a special cartomizer is our unique "tubeless" feed system. This eliminates a few problems with tube models, namely the mess. The design also incorporates a "juice chamber" that holds the juice right at the cartomizers feed ports to give longer times between pumping. It is also sealed so there is no leaking to the +/- contacts, and to the outside world.
Our cartomizer comes stock with a 2.0 ohms coil, a 1.7 ohms coil for the hardcore vapor will be available soon. These are considered "LR" or low resistance.
Another feature that no one offers that the Silo has is an interchangeable venturi valve. You can change the bottom port to draw hard or soft, to suite the users desire. We will offer 2 venturis (coming soon)

the vmod is another option to look at. It is made by Vapage and it is under $100, small, and has a lifetime warranty. I recently bought one and it is better than the other mods I have tried.

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
LOL, at 63, there is no quick anymore.
I now take my time because it just don't matter anymore. LOL
It's now time to slow down and enjoy life.

Many thanks again,

At 65, I feel your pain! :)

Seriously, though. I can say, now that I have one and have used it, the REO is absolutely worth it's cost. HOWEVER, since you've never tried a bottom feeder, it might be prudent of you to try one of the less expensive ones to see if it really fills your needs and wants.

The Old Goat one seems to have a good following and is very reasonable in price. I'd suggest you try for that (knowing it's a bit larger than what you want) to be sure bottom feeders are for you. If it turns out you like them, then you can sell the Old Goat on the classifieds section to get most of your cost back and purchase the REO Mini.

I have every confidence that if you like the bottom feeders, the REO is the way to go, but in all honesty, they aren't cheap and I'd hate to see anyone purchase it and be disappointed. Whatever you decide, though, don't hesitate to ask any questions you have, we're all here to help each other by sharing knowledge and experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread