I'm looking for a small bottom feeder box mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
SE Michigan
If you're going to step up, what are you going to do with your 'old' OG??? :)

It'll replace my eGo as my backup device =) And, of course, if I were to go to any high risk places like a ballgame or what have you where alcohol may lead to increased risk of losing it or dropping it down a flight of concrete steps or something.

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
oldgoat worked great till the wifey laid it on its side and walked away. It fired and melted everything. Think I read somewhere that he is using a new switch now, but not sure. Wouldn't buy one if it still has that itty bitty pin type button on the side, unless you like turning it off and on all the time.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
oldgoat worked great till the wifey laid it on its side and walked away. It fired and melted everything. Think I read somewhere that he is using a new switch now, but not sure. Wouldn't buy one if it still has that itty bitty pin type button on the side, unless you like turning it off and on all the time.

It has the little pin switch on the front. If the switch is activated, it is pretty hard to miss the color changing LED light. The visual indicator of it being engaged is unmistakeable, really. The whole thing lights up.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
Just to check in with you. I've had my OG 3.7v bottom feeder for a couple days now and its been performing wonderfully! It's nothing fancy being a plastic box mod, but for the price I couldn't have asked for more. the 14500 trustfire batt with a 1.5 ohm LR atty lasts me a good 5+ hours and surprisingly I didn't notice a drop off in power too much toward the end of the charge.

Of course now that I have discovered how much i LOVE bottom feeding I want to step up to a Reo partly thanks to all the reonauts in this thread =P

The OG sounds like a great deal for the price. You will be welcomed with opened arms as a REO owner. We are a family. :)

BiffRocko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
If you don't mind waiting 3 weeks or so, the trustfire flames are about half the price on dealextreme as they are just about anywhere else.

Best Offer Buy usually sells a 2 pack of the Trustfire flames for $4-5 with free shipping. It takes a while to get them too, but I've ordered from them at least 4 times with no problems.

Also, it's pretty easy to mod a box mod so it will accept any 14500 battery. Just take the bridge from an old atty. Straighten it out a bit and epoxy it over the negative battery terminal. Voila, an extended terminal that makes contact with any 14500. I do it to the box mods I make if the customer requests it, and I've successfully used AW IMR's and the long blue Trustfires in my personal box mod with it.

thegrindre

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2011
Central Arkansas
allricksstuff.com
Keep in mind that I'm only familiar with the pen sticks (M401) and have just started the whole vaping process about 6 weeks ago.
I'm about as nOOb as it gets, guys.
What I'm reading, or should I say, what I'm not reading at OG's site is that he's only selling the box mod. That does me no good at all. By the time I've added all the other parts to it before I can even start vaping, I might as well have bought a REO.
I don't know diddly squat about batteries let alone what atty, cart, carto or stem to add to it. Sheesh!
A DIY kit is out of the question, for me. I have to tools either.
No, OG is out. I'm looking for a complete PV unit I can vape, upon opening the box when I get it.

This raises a whole nother set of questions about this stuff. One is;
Do the REO's come complete?
Another is, who makes a 'plug & play' bottom feeder PV?

Thanks again, guys,

Last edited:

NicLiq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
nicliq.blogspot.com
REOs do not come with batteries or an atomizer/cartomizer. RTDVapor carries the batteries, $6.99 each for the mini and $9.95 each for the Grand, and a charger for either is $16.20 (I think).

A Plug & Play might be something like a Boge Revolution V2 which can be used as a passthrough. You can get one of those units for under $60 and it has a built-in battery and comes with a few cartomizers.

BiffRocko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
There are no complete bottom feeder kits. You have the buy the atomizer, batteries, and charger separately on nearly every boutique PV. The good news is that that's all there is to buy and it's relatively cheap. Attys usually run about $5-7 retail. Batteries run about $5-6 each if purchased from an American business or $5 for 2 if purchased from China. Chargers are about $10.

tybin

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
WA
there is a vendor named paul1288 who has them for 45.00 +3 buck shipping. is this the same guy?
It might take a while to get it but if you act fast, you can get a pre-sale Boge Revolution V2.1 at 20% off which comes in at a little under $50. It's available here. Use the coupon code GETLEA20OFF. I don't know how many more are available.

This model has a built in battery and USB charger.

Last edited:

thegrindre

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2011
Central Arkansas
allricksstuff.com
OK, guys, I've acquired me a bottom feeder in need of repair. I did get a few hours out of it before it died completely and wanted to say, "Holy cow!!! What a vape!!!"
I'm sold on this idea. I'm now a bottom feeder man. LOL Is there really any vaping better then one of these???

Thanks everybody,

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
I'd have to say, no, nothing I've tried beats it. And amazingly, they're very simple, usually a battery, switch, couple of wires and maybe an LED. Not much to fail there. The feed system can sometimes leak, but they're pretty easy to fix too.

Congratulations, welcome to REAL vaping, without all the fiddling. Which one did you get and what went wrong (if you don't mind me asking)?

thegrindre

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2011
Central Arkansas
allricksstuff.com
I'd have to say, no, nothing I've tried beats it. And amazingly, they're very simple, usually a battery, switch, couple of wires and maybe an LED. Not much to fail there. The feed system can sometimes leak, but they're pretty easy to fix too.

Congratulations, welcome to REAL vaping, without all the fiddling. Which one did you get and what went wrong (if you don't mind me asking)?

Not sure if it's a bad switch or a bad atty. I'm going to try an atty first then try to do something about the switch if it's not the atty.
Problem is, I have no tools nor much money to buy any with. LOL
It'll take a little time before I can get it up and running again but, I will eventually do it, that's for sure.
I'm not going to miss out on the perfect vape for very long, let me tell ya... LOL

Thanks,

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Sounds like you are just about ready to spend some time at "Current Bottom Feeder Mods Available" thread. I'll see if I can do a link for you:http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ttom-feed-juice-box-mods-available-links.html

The 2 new lower end mass market ones have some advantages that may not have been spelled out above --

Rev2 has an off switch and room to store atty/carto or carry a spare. It is a plug and play and comes with some carts. Not bad for $45 or so. The new version has bigger battery for all day use (not made to be replaced). It's about the same size as a ReoGrand. You can use as pass through when you are visiting ECF!

The VMod is smaller--looks sturdier? Most consider it an advantage that you can replace battery----but it's not plug and play. Have to buy batteries elsewhere. It says it'a a 5 volt device... but will add that the biggest downside is proprietary atty (have to use theirs) to use the feed system, though 510threads so other atty/cartos can be used on it.

Seems there is more coming out daily on feed systems --- both boxes and tubes.

Really glad you found a way to get started on the joys of bottom feeding & hope it's just a dead atty!

(If you say which one, I'm sure someone will be happy to quide you through repairs.)

:vapor:

Last edited:

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Thanks, Tear. I see you're from my home town, LA.

I'll stop by and visit...

You're Welcome thegrindre. Got a good friend visiting Little Rock with family as we speak. It's a small world!?!

May you have this soon:
mailboxhappy1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread