Im looking for Chi-You/Nemesis magnets for switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Hello. As title says I have been searching the web high and low trying to find a supplier of the Ring Magnets needed to upgrade the firing switch in these mods. Does anyone know of an ebay seller or similar that has them?

I am in the UK so I dont want to be paying more for the shipping than I do for the actual magnets. THanks
If you know the shaft (OD) and collet (ID) sizes, you may find the magnet you want from Hong Kong, via ebay.
Lets face it, Atmomixani gets them from someone, and most neodymium magnets seem to come from China and Australia.

As far as I can tell, the Atmomixani magnets are approximately 13mm X 7.5mm X 1mm, extrapolated by taking dimensions from the photos (If they didn't tell you they're 1mm thick, I'd have been screw'd on that trick). ;-)

Example... 12mm X 2mm X 8.5mm. 10 pieces for $13 shipped. I use these on a variety of 8mm shaft mechs... but they are a bit too big on the ID, and perhaps too thick for your needs.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Just curious, if the magnets are not part of the circuit per se., why is the bottom spring (small one that holds the pin) made out of copper instead of steel like the larger bottom spring? Just trying to wrap my head around this....for whatever its worth, I think you guys are right

Lower production cost. simple retainer, softer metal, more pliable for less wear over time.
Circuit is Direct from adjustable Pin through center post to end of switch. Least path of resistance. Jumping to the spring and back is not only negligible but would decrease efficiency.

I have seen many steel springs Snap with age, never seen a Broken copper spring.

Last edited:

nxus12

Verified Member
Nov 11, 2011
Toronto
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Rules: No mentioning of off site COOPS

Jerry J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Portland, OR
I found this note on one of the ebay vendor sites for the magnets.

*** NOTE: You may need to sand down the black delrin on the Nemesis switch to ensure the silver pin makes good contact after installing the magnets***

Has anyone that opted for the ebay version had to mod their mod to get the magnets to work properly?

Jerry J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Portland, OR
It appears that both vendors on ebay have sourced some standard sized magnets that will work with some effort but are not the custom sized magnets made specifically to fit the nemy. I'm holding out for some that will plop right in there and perform without further modding

I just placed an order for a set of 10 magnets from DX.com. Here is the link for the magnets: 10050098W Strong NdFeB Magnet Ring - Silver (10 PCS) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

I got the info from a post on the Cali-V board and it was stated that these just dropped in and no modding necessary to your Delrin. I'll post back once I get them in vape mail. I hope that this D.com isn't as slow as FT (aka SlowTech) has become.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread