Im looking for Chi-You/Nemesis magnets for switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dzzfzz

Sep 24, 2013
RI
DEAL EXTREME MAGNETS = NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will Not fit without modification. Center is to small @ 9.5mm and will not clear Rice pellet(Pin)

May try sanding out a few - only because I have 10 useless magnets now.

* if you try this seal with nail polish or something afterward.

Absolutely wrong. I have them in use one and they fit fine, even a little wiggle room.
View attachment 278623

Remove the pin, place magnets, replace the rest.
View attachment 278625

The magnets stay below the pin and the rest of switch.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Absolutely wrong. I have them in use one and they fit fine, even a little wiggle room.
View attachment 278623

Remove the pin, place magnets, replace the rest.
View attachment 278625

The magnets stay below the pin and the rest of switch.

Relax, I already revisited this in another Magnet thread. (Would be simpler if people all stuck to one thread on a topic)

I have Both the originals and after fiddling, the Deal Extreme Magnets in my 3 Nemesis.

Now, yes they can be used. They are a touch more difficult to set up since you have to fight with the pin after inserting the Delron piece. They are also weaker and in my application require 3 to get the same function as 2 of the 17mm magnets.

So, in short - what ever floats your boat.

Now to find some magnets that might work in my sigelei 8w's:)

Last edited:

Jerry J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Portland, OR
Relax, I already revisited this in another Magnet thread. (Would be simpler if people all stuck to one thread on a topic)

I have Both the originals and after fiddling, the Deal Extreme Magnets in my 3 Nemesis.

Now, yes they can be used. They are a touch more difficult to set up since you have to fight with the pin after inserting the Delron piece. They are also weaker and in my application require 3 to get the same function as 2 of the 17mm magnets.

So, in short - what ever floats your boat.

Now to find some magnets that might work in my Sigelei 8w's:)

Agreed here - the Deal Ex magnets do take 3 to work well. But you got 10 in the package anyway. At first I put 2 on the bottom and it didn't seem to work all that well. Then I read somewhere that someone said to put the single magnet on the bottom and the pair on the top and it works like a charm.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
When I used 3 magnets my switch would get hot. With 2 and a spacer I don't have that problem anymore.

That was a simple switch adjustment issue. You were not making full, solid contact on the battery. High resistance from weak contact always manifest at the weak link as high heat. Be it switch, contact or threading.

Rapture

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2012
Bay Area California

LReyes66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
United States
Got my magnets from supermagnetman. These magnets are strong to the point I broke 1 trying to pull them apart.

2 is enough to give u a soft throw, a improved version of the stock spring. 4 will make it sturdy and harder of a throw. Im using 3 cause its enough resistance and firmer throw that I can stand it up unlocked without it firing. Its a huge improvement from the springs, but it isnt buttery smooth like what the magnets did for my chi-you. Ive also modified the throw by adding a silicon ring under the screw for a shortend throw. That + polishing the switch stem/inside of the copper = smooth. The only minor crunch I get if the throw wasnt shortend is that the inside of the switch button rubs on the outside of the tube (the area under the lock ring).

Jonathan Rizo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
Riverside, California, United States
FatDaddy Vapes has them. Super quick shipping.

This, I just got my vape mail, nemi clone and magnets from fat daddy, mind you I ordered on Monday and I already got everything. Btw they're awesome I just installed them and omg what a difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LReyes66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
United States
I traded my authentic chi-you for a PB stingray but still have a Hcigar chi-you that I gave to my g/f. It originally had the 4 magnets from supermagnetman but I decided to switch back to the spring. It was stupid because you had to use 4 magnets cause 3 would make it auto fire when standing up unlocked. With 4 magnets, if you tightened the contact switch pin it would not have enough of a throw for it to reach the battery. If you untightened the switch pin just a little so it could make contact with the battery then over time it would loosen more and have the switch hanging out or just come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread