Im looking for Chi-You/Nemesis magnets for switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bce22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2014
Blackstone, MA
The magnet and contact upgrade kit from fat daddy are great. Couldn't picture a better setup for this mod. I didn't think I would like my SS FT Chi You nearly as much as I do. I don't like it when the locking ring gets stuck, but all in all its great. Big fan as well of fat daddy. I'm sure you can spend less elsewhere but what he sells is definitely quality little parts.

I'm glad I bought the fat daddy chi you contacts mostly because I use the original one as my hybrid pin for my aqua/origin.

Jerry J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Portland, OR
The magnet and contact upgrade kit from fat daddy are great. Couldn't picture a better setup for this mod. I didn't think I would like my SS FT Chi You nearly as much as I do. I don't like it when the locking ring gets stuck, but all in all its great. Big fan as well of fat daddy. I'm sure you can spend less elsewhere but what he sells is definitely quality little parts.

I'm glad I bought the fat daddy chi you contacts mostly because I use the original one as my hybrid pin for my aqua/origin.

Less than 10 minutes ago I ordered a replacement set of contacts for my Chi You from Fat Daddy. So I was glad to read that you are happy with the contacts as mine are a bit worn.

Man, like you, I sure didn't think I would like the Chi You as much I do, also. My gf has the clone version and she loves that so I went ahead and got the real deal. I don't see myself going for the magnets on the Chi as I REALLY like the switch as is. I'm not even sure that I like the magnet upgrade on my Nemesis.

Last edited:

Jerry J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Portland, OR
Less than 10 minutes ago I ordered a replacement set of contacts for my Chi You from Fat Daddy. So I was glad to read that you are happy with the contacts as mine are a bit worn.

I did receive the Chi You replacement contacts from Fat Daddy. Very nicely made and plating was done very well. Heck you can't beat the price! The only issue that I found is that the top part of the contacts are bigger than the original so I am having trouble with batteries that are a bit taller than normal. I use AW IMR batteries exclusively but it seems that the last pair of AWs are a milimeter taller than my older ones which leads me to think that the batteries are clones. All the same, I am able to get everything to thread together with the original contacts but if I put in the FD contacts, threaded all the way down, the switch assembly won't thread on.

I sent an email to Fat Daddy asking if he had heard of any issues and got no response. I guess that the new contacts "are just what they are" and have to use my older batteries in my Chi You. The taller batteries work just fine in my other mods. I'm just surprised that the new contacts don't exactly match the original contacts.

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
Agreed here - the Deal Ex magnets do take 3 to work well. But you got 10 in the package anyway. At first I put 2 on the bottom and it didn't seem to work all that well. Then I read somewhere that someone said to put the single magnet on the bottom and the pair on the top and it works like a charm.
You can also alternate twice. Bottom magnet N up, next magnet N down (so it repels from bottom magnet), last magnet S down (so it repels from middle magnet) and you should be good. The N/S doesn't matter, just used to help show repel / attract orientation.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread