Im new here, please be gentle.. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

philbert

Nov 29, 2016
hey everyone, im new to this forum. i have been vaping for about 3 years now, using a 510 setup. but i think im after something a bit better than my current setup. my choice in australia is quite limited, but when holidaying in the US i found another option, but again, i think its a bit on the cheap side.
i think i want something that still looks and feels like the 510 setup, but i would like something to give me some more grunt than what i currently have. And i have noticed that after a while, all the 510's start to leak bad. that could also be the 50/50 juice i like, but yeah.
The vape is also a bit inconsistent.
i have been looking around at some kangertech, but any advice would be awesome!
Thanks, and this forum is HUGE, its gonna take me a long time to get through all the advice already dished out on this site. so THANKS!! finally i can get some answers without trolling the internet back and forth and getting thoroughly confused!

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
hey everyone, im new to this forum. i have been vaping for about 3 years now, using a 510 setup. but i think im after something a bit better than my current setup. my choice in australia is quite limited, but when holidaying in the US i found another option, but again, i think its a bit on the cheap side.
i think i want something that still looks and feels like the 510 setup, but i would like something to give me some more grunt than what i currently have. And i have noticed that after a while, all the 510's start to leak bad. that could also be the 50/50 juice i like, but yeah.
Thanks, and this forum is HUGE, its gonna take me a long time to get through all the advice already dished out on this site. so THANKS!! finally i can get some answers without trolling the internet back and forth and getting thoroughly confused!
Relax.

There are a lot of helpful friendly people here.

Also this us moderated forums so yoy wont see much flaming. Moderators do a good job.

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Brisbane, Australia

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Hi there Philbert & welcome
Can't help much. What is better than a 510 setup, in fact what is a 510 setup? The only 510 I'm familiar with is the size of the mod connection to the tank which I believe is 510mm's (never bothered to measure it). Are you referring to older devices with non-510 connections? Or maybe I'm just totally confused.

Reactions: smacksy

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Hi Helen
I think you are encouraged here to start your own post and introduce yourself. Tell everyone a bit about your smoke/vape experiences and what your vape aspirations are and/or any concerns, questions, or observations you have. If you already purchased vape stuff let folks know what you're using, etc. You won't get many responses within Philbert's intro post.

Reactions: hellen19

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Can't help much. What is better than a 510 setup, in fact what is a 510 setup? The only 510 I'm familiar with is the size of the mod connection to the tank which I believe is 510mm's (never bothered to measure it). Are you referring to older devices with non-510 connections? Or maybe I'm just totally confused.
510 was originally a simple bigger cigalike type ecig by Joyetech. The connector from that one is what's primarily used today.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

philbert

Nov 29, 2016
hi Everyone, thanks for your responses. I fear i may have misled people with my subject line... it was an attempt at humour, but it seems as though im as funny online as i am in real life... haha.. anyway.
the 510 setup that i have (again, i thought this was what it was called) is by Volcano E Cig. I have the Inferno and the Lavatube Tube tank. It has a 1.8 Ohm heating element (im not sure what its really called).
I am probably using the wrong juice in it, its a 50/50 VG/PG blend, 3-8mg that ive found from a place called Health E Cigarette Australia. They are the only place ive found that can supply nicotine in liquids.
Im open to all suggestions, but i think i would definitely prefer something thats simple to use, and simple to setup, and potentially is still a vaping pen. Im certainly still open to other suggestions however.
does that make sense?
I will also check out those other sites you have mentioned, thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction.
I have seen a review on the KangerTech Top Box and it reviews really well, but im not sure i like the shape. what are the advantages? and also where do i buy batteries for it (because i notice it doesn't have one with it).
Would you suggest something like this top box over an Ego?

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona

When you get around to measuring make sure you have a yard stick handy as a 12" ruler isn't quite long enough, 510mm is a bit over 20 inches.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Welcome @philbert!

I had the Inferno setup and used it for quite some time. Never bit on the Lavatube - too spendy for me. They're still out there - and there was a Cyber Monday sale (you might check to see if it's still in effect) that had some of the earlier versions for not a lot of $$$

Why do you say "I am probably using the wrong juice"? If you like what you've been using, do you "need" to change your setup? (to your comment "...1.8 Ohm heating element" - coil is another term, if you like :) )

When someone asks about new gear, my first question used to be - "Stick/Pen, Tube, or Box"? The "Stick/Pen" styles have gotten chubbier IMO, and are closer to "tube" styles. The newer questions are "Do you want ginormous, fluffy clouds?" "Do you want to build your own coils?" "Do you want to pop in a pre-made coil assembly?" "Do you want internal or replaceable batteries?"

What's really more important (again IMHO) is the topper. Do you want a tight draw (more like a cigarette) or do you want a loose, airy draw? Then, with the combination of coil, the device itself is merely the power source. You might want to have a read here: (10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum This might help with some of your questions.

With your Lavatube, you're already used to replaceable batteries. I'm not familiar with the Aussie stores. Fasttech and Health Cabin are among a number of sites that will ship to Oz. Check the resources offered earlier - and seek out some of the folks here who are from Australia - I'm sure they can point you in an appropriate direction.

Cheers!

CupcakeKitten

Nov 29, 2016

Welcome, just joined today and haven't even gotten my vape yet. But I'm feeling so happy I found this site!!! The internet has so much information, but this site is well organized and I'm finding lots of answers!

Reactions: DingerCPA

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
Welcome philbert.... Another Aussie here. ElIcky has already mentioned Vape assist which is a web crawler through the Aussie vendors for the availability of the product you are after. That really helps when you have decided on the style you are after.

It's mentioned above that you need to get comfortable with size and shape and decide on what sort of vaping you want to achieve. Aussievapers would normally suggest an innokin T18 or T22 for slightly larger. They have inbuilt batteries but are great value for taking the next step up.

Reactions: DingerCPA

hellen19

Moved On
Nov 29, 2016
Hi Helen
I think you are encouraged here to start your own post and introduce yourself. Tell everyone a bit about your smoke/vape experiences and what your vape aspirations are and/or any concerns, questions, or observations you have. If you already purchased vape stuff let folks know what you're using, etc. You won't get many responses within Philbert's intro post.
My first time vaping is just one week ago. It's the Vaporfi Platinum II, I think. Actually, I hate smoking but feel really interesting about vaping. I'm here to learn more about it.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
Hi Philbert
Welcome to ECF!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
My first time vaping is just one week ago. It's the Vaporfi Platinum II, I think. Actually, I hate smoking but feel really interesting about vaping. I'm here to learn more about it.
Welcome @hellen19

You have done well to join up. The first bit of bad news for you (sorry to do this) is to tell you now that you should switch from a branded (supposedly premium) product to ordinary products (which are the same) without the branding.
I'm not going to say anymore specifically, but there are too many businesses in the e-cig world happy to take an existing product and charge double, triple, sometimes more.
It's not just the initial outlay, it's the replacement atomizers, the liquids... everything really.
Certain elements of the e-cig industry have a lot to answer for; the reviewers and reviewing platforms (websites) that are more interested in commission than people quitting smoking.
There are over 200 fake review sites just desperate to direct people to a few carefully chosen brands.
These activities is how folk paid $119 for a $29 e-cig until recently.
Or how people pay $59 for a $19 tank. Or $17.99 for $8s worth of atomizer heads.

When I started, I spent $800 on about $200 of hardware. Most of it is now thrown away too.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Welcome @hellen19

You have done well to join up. The first bit of bad news for you (sorry to do this) is to tell you now that you should switch from a branded (supposedly premium) product to ordinary products (which are the same) without the branding.
I'm not going to say anymore specifically, but there are too many businesses in the e-cig world happy to take an existing product and charge double, triple, sometimes more.
It's not just the initial outlay, it's the replacement atomizers, the liquids... everything really.
Certain elements of the e-cig industry have a lot to answer for; the reviewers and reviewing platforms (websites) that are more interested in commission than people quitting smoking.
There are over 200 fake review sites just desperate to direct people to a few carefully chosen brands.
These activities is how folk paid $119 for a $29 e-cig until recently.
Or how people pay $59 for a $19 tank. Or $17.99 for $8s worth of atomizer heads.

When I started, I spent $800 on about $200 of hardware. Most of it is now thrown away too.
I three away a bunch of bad gear too.

Bellus authentic
Kayfun Mini V3 authentic
Lemo 2 authentic
Aqua V2 authentic.

I use a little Kayfun clone i paid $5.43, and an istick Pico mod that can be purchased for $20-30.

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
I three away a bunch of bad gear too.

Bellus authentic
Kayfun Mini V3 authentic
Lemo 2 authentic
Aqua V2 authentic.

I use a little Kayfun clone i paid $5.43, and an istick Pico mod that can be purchased for $20-30.
Dang, was the Aqua v2 that bad? I have the v1 and it is a PITA, but had higher hopes for the v2. Have you pulled out the Squape clone yet? Hope all went well with your move and you've been successful in your new endeavor...

@philbert I was a kanger fanboy in my vaping "infancy". They make decent quality products. I am not so much a fan of the newer devices and tanks they are pushing out, but you can't go wrong with a top box setup. You can probably find the older "mini" kits (not top fill tanks) for fairly cheap now. The minis fit my hand well, the nanos are just too small for me. Welcome to the forum!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread