I'm new

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'm assuming that you are asking for recommendations for a vaping setup for a beginner? Your choices are many.

I recommend NOT buying a cig-alike, or cigarette sized battery setup. They are underpowered and overly expensive, aimed at beginners who don't know any better.

Do your research and buy either:

• An Ego battery setup with ego battery charger and tank.

• A "mod" battery setup with tank. Mods may have either a built-in non-replaceable battery, or will require external replaceable batteries and box charger. As a beginner, I recommend that you buy a "regulated" mod, and not a "mechanical" mod.

Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper
  • Typical starter setups recommended for a new vaper. Includes a video on the use of an eGo variable voltage battery/clearomizer and of the iStick and MVP mods.

Proper Terminology: Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Delivery Devices
  • A picture dictionary for beginners with descriptions of clearomizers, nano's, drip atomizers, bottom feeding mods, cartomizers, cartotanks, and RBA's (rebuildable atomizers). Includes video demos/reviews of all devices.
Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder
  • From cigalike batteries, to eGo's, to mods. Another picture dictionary of terminology and form factors for beginning vapers
Guide to Choosing a Li-ion Battery Charger

• Guide to help a novice in choosing a charger. Covers recommended brands; suggestions for the number of charging bays you'll need, discusses what independent charging bays are, LED and Liquid Crystal Display models, and "smart chargers".
Purchase e-liquid or "juice" with the appropriate nicotine level according to the amount of cigarettes that you smoked (read first link above). Flavors are nearly limitless; tobacco flavors will probably NOT taste like a cigarette.

Last edited:

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
Hi I'm new and want to switch from smoking cigarettes to the E-cigg , but can't afford to waste money on a kit that doesn't work
I've been off cigs for 5 years. The first two years I vaped exclusively tobacco flavors. My favorite was Red Luck from MyFreedomSmokes. Everyone has to find their own path.

Jack Riber

Mar 24, 2016
For a low cost entry, I would suggest.
1x Justfog C14 (or G14) Starter Kit, plus one extra ego battery and a pack of coils.
1x 100ml bottle of flavourless e-liquid base with 18mg nic and 50-60%PG.
1x 10ml bottle of Flavourart 7 Leaves flavouring.
1x 10ml bottle of Flavourart Glory flavourings.
5x empty 10ml bottles with tip.
Fill one empty 10ml bottle only half full with e-liquid base, and put 3 drops of flavorings in, shake well and vape it finish if you can. You may try 2 or 4 drops next time. When you know how many drops you like, mix up more and let it sit as it get better that way.
Otherwise, in the mornings you may find vaping a bit 'sharp', but that will go away after two or three drags. When vaping it's normal to drink more water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread