"I'm not looking for a hobby"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kabong30

Feb 7, 2016
Caddo Mills, TX
image_zpswtlyzmkw.jpeg
Yep, that's what I told the guy at the vape shop. So much for that! I was initially looking for something to replace my Vuse e-cig and I had read quite a bit about them and how they are pretty roundly panned. But they were the best e-cig I had had up to that point, I just got REALLY sick of buy carts and the hit or miss performance.

So I picked up and EVOD2 starter kit and was surprised at how much better these seemed to work. Within a couple of days I was finding more information and moved to what I'm using right now.

vaping scratches a ton of itches for me, there's the fact that I like to smoke (but I'd prefer not to have it kill me). There's a ton of cool tech involved with it, and the flavors are super nice compared to what's available in the "cig-alike" segment.

So here I am! Thanks in advance for all the information and patience. Looks like a nice little community.

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
image_zpswtlyzmkw.jpeg

Yep, that's what I told the guy at the vape shop. So much for that! I was initially looking for something to replace my Vuse e-cig and I had read quite a bit about them and how they are pretty roundly panned. But they were the best e-cig I had had up to that point, I just got REALLY sick of buy carts and the hit or miss performance.

So I picked up and EVOD2 starter kit and was surprised at how much better these seemed to work. Within a couple of days I was finding more information and moved to what I'm using right now.

Vaping scratches a ton of itches for me, there's the fact that I like to smoke (but I'd prefer not to have it kill me). There's a ton of cool tech involved with it, and the flavors are super nice compared to what's available in the "cig-alike" segment.

So here I am! Thanks in advance for all the information and patience. Looks like a nice little community.
Welcome mate,
You have a good start there...
Cheers
I

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Ah, thank you sir!
Welcome to ECF :)

Vaping can definitely become a hobby if you're interested, but there are plenty of people who just find what works for them and then stick to that. Looks like you've got a good start and yeah, your current gear is definitely better than the vuse.

Even if you don't become a hobbyist, one thing you should definitely do is check out CASAA.org and become a member. Vaping is under attack, at the Federal level, and in many local and state governments. It's a good idea to stay informed, and do what you can.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Welcome. :)

Yes, the V*** is a sorry state of affairs. It more or less sums up the attitude of tobacco companies to their customers. First it was "pay us for our addictive product so we can kill you off early" and then along came e-cigs and the new ploy was "trust us with your health, and we'll reward you with excellent/effective products that represent great value for money". :-x

..something like that...

You can hobby or not hobby. Most of the time, I just plug and play and dream up annoying posts for the e-cigs forums. But, at times the monster is unleashed and almost anything might happen. Most of it not that cloudy in all honesty.
I went to a convention once with just a 20w mod and a $8 RDA. I thought it would be interesting to see just how many new vapers decided to educate me better.
... then I showed them my badge. :eek:

I enjoy it all. The kit, the community, the irksome posts :?:

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I wasn't either when I started vaping but I found one! Welcome to the forum, if you have any questions feel free to ask!

Neither was I. I wanted to be free of cigarettes and need for nicotine.

I got off nicotine. My finances had a big fall thanks to Obamanomics. I couldn't afford to go back to cigarettes. If I did I would be homeless. So that meant I was FORCED to keep vaping so I punched pennies and learned to rebuild, and DIY my juicd.

By exploring the hobby side I no longer had to pay full price for juice and those cost of coils was almost non existent.

With an RTA I went from having to replace a coil head every 10 days.

A coil lasts me 10-13 weeks and costs about two cents and for 10 cents I could wick and re wick that coil for 3 months.

I found Fasttech and started buying good attys and selling them on eBay to help my income a bit.

GenericPCusername

Oct 6, 2015
NEPA
Its a hobby for me but there are plenty here who use pre-made coils and juices. Guess what, they are still saving their own lives and money when compared to stinkies.

Welcome aboard!

That's what's so great about vaping, whether you are just looking for a much healthier alternative to tobacco cigarettes, looking for a great hobby that can be very rewarding in and of itself or something in between there is something for you out there. Now, we just need to fight to keep it that way!

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
When I quit smoking with a cigalike and cartos I said, "I'm good, this is not a hobby."

When I moved to an ego and a top coil I said, "I'm good, this is not a hobby."

When I was using tube mods and carto tanks I said. I'm good, this is not a hobby."

Box mods and rebuildables...well you get the idea...but I swear, this is not a hobby.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I think for me I enjoy vaping and find it more satisfying than smoking that I'm afraid it will be taken away and stocking up on just about everything.

If Congress doesn't stop the FDA DEEMING REGULATIONS IN 2:1/2 years or less vaping will only be a memory for those who chose not to be prepared.

I've been a survivalist since 1973 and prepping is instinct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread