Status
Not open for further replies.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
USP Grade VG & PG easily obtained at the Drugstore, or many other suppliers. Flavouring many choices for that, IMO Flavour Art is one of the Best! Simple hypodermic needles with a blunt end, Bottles, most diy flavouring places carry the needles & bottles.

There are many site dedicated to DIY'ing with recipes & calculators, it saves a ton of money on juice.
Most home made juices are as good or even better than store bought :)
DIY is a necessity for any serious vaper.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Outside of the nic base what is needed for hardware

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I mix 200 ml every 4-5 weeks. In the beginning I used syringes and Erlyanmeyer Flasks. Today I use graduated glass cylinders. Some will advise mixing by weight with a small digital scale. After you've done a few mixes it's routine.

Reactions: DaveP

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Outside of the nic base what is needed for hardware

There are two popular methods for mixing your own juice, by volume or by weight.

If you mix by volume you will need a beaker or a graduated flask to pour into. Most people who do volume mixing have marker lines on their vessel for nicotine, PG, VG, and flavor. Since flavor and nicotine are small percentages of the mix, most use a tall narrow flask that will actually show small additions by the height of the pour. They also use small pipettes that are graduated for the small millimeter amounts of the ingredients. They add ingredients up to the marked line for that ingredient and go on to the next ingredient. When all ingredients are added, they pour the mix into a bottle. shake it, and set it aside .

If you mix by weight, you need an inexpensive digital scale. 500mg capacity is more than enough and those are available from under $10 to about $35 at Amazon.com. For mixing by weight, you need some bottles, preferably glass, IMO. Glass is heavier and less likely to tip over on the scale. Pipettes and droppers are good for transferring nicotine to the bottle on the scale. For PG and VG most use clear condiment squeeze bottles. Flavors come in dropper bottles and those are fine for adding drops or streams to a bottle on a scale. You add an ingredient, tare to zero, and continue with the next, pouring up to the weight of that ingredient.

I just put the bottle on the scale, tare the scale, and add ingredients one by one, taring to zero after each. When through, I cap it, shake it, and set it aside to steep, and the next bottle goes on the scale. Tare to zero and repeat.

This video teaches the weight method. It's what sold me on mixing by weight.

Last edited:

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
I may just start getting nic bace for now I would think u cud still get the rest any time anyhow

Sound like a Plan :) Every thing else is Multi purpose So should still be available no matter what happens :)
A lot of folks like to make it complicated :( I mix right in the juice bottle with a syringe, shake well, heat bath steep, good to go. It's not rocket Science :)

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Ya NY is looking to tax .40c per mil and a 70% tobacco tax and if you have over 100mils get a fine it's in the house to be voted on as we speak

Holy :censored:!

So a $12 30ml bottle would cost over $40? Just guessing that the 70% would be calculated after the 40 per ml was added. That would push me past "considering" to going full in to DIY!

For supplies, you got the nic, PG, and VG. You can always mix up some unflavored that I and others enjoy vaping. At a very small cost, you can add a few small bottles (10ml or less) of flavoring that at least sound good to you for some single flavor juice while you research recipes.

Hardware is a much more personal thing. Even though I mix by weight, an easy and inexpensive start would be a few pipettes and/or blunt tip syringes to mix by volume, that is measuring in mls. For starting out, I would just pick up some 30ml dropper bottles and mix into those. Nothing wrong with mixing a smaller batch, like 10ml in one of those. Or, nothing wrong (IMHO) with washing out some used store bought bottles to get you started.

Your initial investment will depend entirely on the quantity/quality of mostly the nic, but for as little as about $45, you can get a liter of 100mg nic that will make a whole lot of juice. Everything else should be readily available should you decide to expand or get into other mixing methods.

Maybe this legislation will not go through, maybe you could still get bought juice online without paying those additional charges, maybe they will find it difficult if not impossible to enforce all of it. Even then, coming up with some nice juice for under $1 for 30ml is pretty darn attractive.

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
819fcde9f84551c439678cde8167fd89.jpg

200mg worth playing with or just stay with 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread