I'm Sorry, but I have to Say This... Vaping Smells

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anima

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2011
Texas
... I teach 8th grade and there are days I go home with a headache since the little cherubs are under the impression they must marinade in their chosen scent - especially the boys with their Ax - I'd like to take an axe to some of those bottles!! :evil:

You don't smell like a sophisticated man of the world, you smell like someone spilled fruit salad on you. ~ paraphrased from Bill Maher

Stevew443

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2010
Shenandoah Junction, WV
www.bnyeshiva.com
I am one of those who is bothered by most perfume and aftershave aromas. I use unscented soaps and I don't put on any aftershave. When you are close to me, you get my scent and not some aroma that Madison Avenue says I should be wearing. I hope I am not offensive.
Anyway, I vape in my truck all the time. The windows are almost always up so any aroma from my vaping would be concentrated in the truck. I can occasionally get a whiff of my coffee flavored e-liquid after the truck sat in the sun all day.
I just visited my parents this week and I vaped in their house the entire time. My mom never did comment that she smelled anything at all, although I was vaping coffee flavor and her house usually smells of fresh coffee and wonderful baked goods.
On another note, my niece's new husband smokes like there is no tomorrow. He expressed an interest in my eGo, so I let him and my niece both take a hit from my eGo and they were both impressed enough to ask for more info. When I told my mom, she was thrilled because she is not wild about the stale cig odor on my niece's husband.

Chesterwiz

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2011
nowhere
This whole thread stinks. I could smell it walking up to my PC. Can you guys take it somewhere else? I dont like the smell. You 20something peps must go somewhere so I (1 person) can not smell this thread!.....

My wife is an ex smoker and cant even tell I am vaping. Sometime she notices the smell if a cloud goes near her and she says coffee or a fresh pack of smokes. Not burned tobacco. Like fresh tobacco.

I say its like the BO or a fowl smell someone dont like. If I got to smell you then you got to tolerate my harmless vape. And it depends on the owner of the establishment, like a friends house.
:rules:

illillillillilli

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2011
Cabot, Arkansas, United States
All comments have been positive here. People especially like the blueberry. I'm a walking air freshener. I guess there is a reason there are so many scents in different products from candles to bleach. Everyone's preference is different.
We did have a friend spend the night last night and when he walked in from smoking, I gagged from the smell. Bleh!

BullyBoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
Maryland, USA
Everything smells. B.O. smells. Your so-called cologne smells. Whatever goat-crap you ate for lunch follows you into the elevator and invades all our senses. I have a God-given right (even though I don't believe in God) to live in a scent-free world. I don't know why Obama hasn't issued an executive order about this yet.

Last edited:

Red Dog

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Massachusetts
www.facebook.com
I wonder how many people would comment on the smell if they didn't see the vapor. Sometimes when we see smoke, but don't smell anything, our brain fills in the missing information itself. When smelling a food you like to eat, your brain will activate your saliva glands. Now... ever seen a commercial with your favorite food in it and start salivating? Why? You can't smell it.

I'm not saying all people, but I would be willing to bet that a lot of people smell tobacco because that's what they expect to smell.

Conditioned reflex... I knew those psych classes in college would be useful some day. Good old Ivan Petrovich Pavlov.

phishtraveler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
...in middle america
Really, really like. ; ' )

I completely agree with you Katz, though I don't notice much smell lingering on clothes. As to people just wanting to complain, I just have to share my experience from last night. My wife and I took my daughter to the fair (no fall this time :lol:) and went to an OUTDOOR dog agility show. We intentionally went on the opposite side from the bleachers so our energetic toddler could run around. Five minutes or so later, a family brought their 2 school age kids over and sits right next to us, despite the 50+ feet of room we had left on either side of us. I started vaping, and the mother started putting on an oscar worthy performance. She was waving her hand in front of her face, giving me the stink eye, coughing, and holding her nose. I decided that if she couldn't talk to me politely that I would ignore her. Then her husband politely told me that the smell of cigarette smoke really bothers his wife. I told him that I feel the same way, which is why I was inhaling flavored water vapor. (A stretch, but a small one) I then asked him if she was also offended by the smell of waffles, because that's the offensive smell. He laughed, talked to her quietly, and they left.

Winner winner chicken dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread