I'm Sorry, but I have to Say This... Vaping Smells

Status
Not open for further replies.

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
Everything smells. B.O. smells. Your so-called cologne smells. Whatever goat-crap you ate for lunch follows you into the elevator and invades all our senses. I have a God-given right (even though I don't believe in God) to live in a scent-free world. I don't know why Obama hasn't issued an executive order about this yet.

Heh.

(And ZerOxity, watch the swearing, please . . . :angel:)

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
Heh.

(And ZerOxity, watch the swearing, please . . . :angel:)

Thanks El....I was ummm....yea.....speechless for a change....so thank you kisses.gif

sidetrack

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
among the sea shells
Just the other day I was going through some prefilled cartridges I had purchased 6 mo ago that came pre-filled with Dekang marl Red mix. Since I don't use a tabacco flavor any more I decided to clean out the filler material so I could reuse the cartridge. Before I did I decided to see what it would taste like.....YUCK. OMG it tasted like a nasty old cigarette, I had to go brush my teeth and spray the room with air freshener. So, I guess I agree with OP that e-cigs smell like whatever you're vapeing. I guess it all comes down to what smell you find offensive. If at all possible I think we should be considerate of the people we vape around.
In the OP I know a couple of people kinda snickered about the woman who couldn't stand the smell of bananas(me included) but think about it, don't you have a few smells that will get your stomach rollin'. Other than the obvious ones, diesel fuel or musk does it for me. At this point(6 mo vapeing) even the smell of a cigarette makes me a bit queasy.

Lisa66

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Florida
The only vape I've been able to smell is my sister vaping blueberry waffles. My smeller doesn't work very well, never has. I'll have to ask the people at work if they can smell my vape, but no one has mentioned it. I usually vape turtle, waffle, and an unmentionable at work.

?????????????
smiley-hmmmm-big.gif

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
In the OP I know a couple of people kinda snickered about the woman who couldn't stand the smell of bananas(me included) but think about it, don't you have a few smells that will get your stomach rollin'. Other than the obvious ones, diesel fuel or musk does it for me. At this point(6 mo vapeing) even the smell of a cigarette makes me a bit queasy.

I agree with this part and disagree to an extent. yes there are smells that make me queezy, but I do not EVER infringe upon their right to either smell that way or eat what they want....I remove myself from the odor. I get so tired of everyone thinking that only they matter....if they are offended, the offender MUST stop....no where is it written that we have the right to never be offended....you don't like the smell of the banana in the break room....hold your breath and get outta the break room as quickly as possible.....that's what I would do....lord knows I have rushed outta a break room b/c of a food smell or the lingering of a very strong perfume.

ThankU4Vaping

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2010
NJ
I agree with this part and disagree to an extent. yes there are smells that make me queezy, but I do not EVER infringe upon their right to either smell that way or eat what they want....I remove myself from the odor. I get so tired of everyone thinking that only they matter....if they are offended, the offender MUST stop....no where is it written that we have the right to never be offended....you don't like the smell of the banana in the break room....hold your breath and get outta the break room as quickly as possible.....that's what I would do....lord knows I have rushed outta a break room b/c of a food smell or the lingering of a very strong perfume.

Some smells make me queasy and I don't infringe upon other people's food choices, either. Depending on the situation, sometimes the offender has to stop or the offended have to exit.

For me, I can't stand the smell of cheese (unless it's american or almost odorless). This is an extremely rare smell dislike I seem to only share with my brother. We don't understand how anyone can mix any cheese with any noodle and eat it, even american cheese. I have to hold my nose when parmesan is being sprinkled in my vicinity. Don't get me started on romano! I live in a cheese loving world and have learned how to hold my breath while eating when necessary or just flee, but I am in the minority.

When the majority of people are offended by one smell (cigarettes, excessive perfume, BO) the offender should refrain or exit.

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
Majority is the key word there;) But in the one example...lmao...where the woman was offended by just the sight of the "smoke" it just gets ridiculous. I am tired of the oversensitivity of people these days. And TU4V....I will remember your cheese sensitivity if ever we do meet:laugh: I will admit, cheese stinks, but I love the taste...well of most. I am not a parmesan fan, and my son loves it. I would never go outta my way to offend, but some people just need to be realistic....there is no way for everyone to be happy with everything ALL the time...it's unrealistic. General courtesy should be expected, but imagine how miserable we would be if we worried about every Tom Richard and Harry out there. As a smoker, I never smoked by entrances, never blew smoke directly in anyones path and made a conscious effort (especially when there were children) to move as far as I could away from them, but it had nothing to do with the odor, it was more the second hand smoke frenzy. Just as I feel smokers have a right to smoke, non smokers have a right not to have it blown directly at them. But now I have gone off topic here:facepalm: We are talking about odors:lol:

plantlvr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2009
Northern California
I'm not a big fan of perfume, rarely wear it, in fact i don't even have any! But some fragrances are nice as long as they are not so heavy you can 'taste' it! One I really hate is this sweet, powdery, scent that a co-worker wears and my next door neighbor uses, just awful, I can smell her in my backyard!
But i also love the smell of grilled steak and my perfume wearing neighbor is a vegan, so we're even :D

incantius

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
tennessee
I'm not a big fan of perfume, rarely wear it, in fact i don't even have any! But some fragrances are nice as long as they are not so heavy you can 'taste' it! One I really hate is this sweet, powdery, scent that a co-worker wears and my next door neighbor uses, just awful, I can smell her in my backyard!
But i also love the smell of grilled steak and my perfume wearing neighbor is a vegan, so we're even :D
nothing quite like dead cow being seared :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread